Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6439
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14070
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 148
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424634
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3670
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 342
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 241
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 365
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1225122
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119237
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 310
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6833
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 458
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309905
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62028
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 676
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20336
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169492
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6418
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 881

[Requests]HP Pavilion g4-1000 Series For UEFI
#21
All I did was unlock what was hidden. If it looks weird, then it's how the manufacturers made it.
find
quote
#22
Quote:Insyde and HP decided to remove a lot of EFI functionality.

Indeed,but.
CryptRSA.efi is running fine as efi.
Open in IDA and I see there is one export, named InitializeDriver
If this can be extracted modded to launch bootloaders instead SystemDiagnostics and have this inserted into BIOS.
There is in BDS code that check 7E offset in NV area.
Add some code (don't know in what module) to check that 7E and if EFI enabled then call or launch this.

As already probably see in one of my message,changing a conditional jump in BDS module I get listed (if EFI enabled in BIOS) Internal EFI shell as boot option,but error on booting.
Since that function check offset 7E I was thinking that is one of that who create boot options.
Can be decoded info from dmpstore Variable Boot000X to see what is linked to EFI shell?


Looking at dumps from ram I see that BDS module call a functions inside MonitorKey module and one in OemOdmDriver or something like that (not on laptop now,and may be wrong name from memory)

Don't remember where and now I can't find it again I read about a something that return code is something LegacyBios and then all go legacy and EFI disabled but don't remember what source code was.

Also what is that VideoMem.udm,I ignored until now but opened in IDA and I see that is not related to Videomem only ,found inside functions that looks like or related to boot options

@ gujiangjiang
Something similar I encountered when I was using another SetupUtility module (FE354 ....) from other BIOS.
Some blocks of squares in some area.
Could be strings missing or in other language or wrong address for string and can't display that characters

gujiangjiang what is set as language in BIOS,switch to english if is something else.
Also that strings doesn't look right,there are strings from help area assigned to parameters name look like.
find
quote
#23
(05-23-2014, 02:24 PM)gabiz_ro Wrote:
Quote:Insyde and HP decided to remove a lot of EFI functionality.

Indeed,but.
CryptRSA.efi is running fine as efi.
Open in IDA and I see there is one export, named InitializeDriver
If this can be extracted modded to launch bootloaders instead SystemDiagnostics and have this inserted into BIOS.
There is in BDS code that check 7E offset in NV area.
Add some code (don't know in what module) to check that 7E and if EFI enabled then call or launch this.

As already probably see in one of my message,changing a conditional jump in BDS module I get listed (if EFI enabled in BIOS) Internal EFI shell as boot option,but error on booting.
Since that function check offset 7E I was thinking that is one of that who create boot options.
Can be decoded info from dmpstore Variable Boot000X to see what is linked to EFI shell?


Looking at dumps from ram I see that BDS module call a functions inside MonitorKey module and one in OemOdmDriver or something like that (not on laptop now,and may be wrong name from memory)

Don't remember where and now I can't find it again I read about a something that return code is something LegacyBios and then all go legacy and EFI disabled but don't remember what source code was.

Also what is that VideoMem.udm,I ignored until now but opened in IDA and I see that is not related to Videomem only ,found inside functions that looks like or related to boot options

@ gujiangjiang
Something similar I encountered when I was using another SetupUtility module (FE354 ....) from other BIOS.
Some blocks of squares in some area.
Could be strings missing or in other language or wrong address for string and can't display that characters

gujiangjiang what is set as language in BIOS,switch to english if is something else.
Also that strings doesn't look right,there are strings from help area assigned to parameters name look like.

Does this means hp laptop have chance to be boot var EFI ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intel Core i5 2410M @ 2.30GHz
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
6.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Hewlett-Packard 166D (CPU1)
Intel HD Graphics 3000
119GB ATA PLEXTOR PX-128M5 SCSI Disk Device (SSD)
find
quote
#24
Don't know sure.
But looking at Bds module from HP and from others that are EFI boot capable I see they are very similar.

Used some diff tools,zynamic bindiff if I remember right and I see that some functions are identical,some are little different and some are very different or don't exist or missing compared to others.
But changes of BDS module are very risky,I bricked many times my laptop,and when Bds is modified sometimes,very often recovery does not work,needt to program BIOS externally.
I solved problem with efiutils,was incompatible with ida python that came with ida.Updated list of guids,still have many that can't find any info about them,maybe are HP only.But for some reason update structures don't work as expected,need to manually declare structures like [rax+48h] is in fact Boot_services.freepool by example.
Also noticed something last night,I see something about install protocol,that must have some guid and other parameters usual passed in some registers but in few functions registers are xor'ed before,need to check on others laptop if that is right or wrong.
Is something like
xor registers
xor other register
call boot services install protocol

Other thing that I encountered mostly on HP modules efiutils complain about cannot rename x guid because that name is already defined and indeed same sequence of bytes exist twice in module.
find
quote
#25
I get Internal efi shell in F9 menu,is loading now but drivers Ps2Mouse,DiskIo,Fat and Partition doesn't get loaded as result no device are accessible.
Replaced with other drivers,Partition and Fat are loaded but no DiskIo so still no device are accessible.
find
quote
#26
(05-27-2014, 09:47 PM)gabiz_ro Wrote: I get Internal efi shell in F9 menu,is loading now but drivers Ps2Mouse,DiskIo,Fat and Partition doesn't get loaded as result no device are accessible.
Replaced with other drivers,Partition and Fat are loaded but no DiskIo so still no device are accessible.

It's a big step for EFI.
You can try Clover bootloader ,and try to boot from internal efi shell.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intel Core i5 2410M @ 2.30GHz
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
6.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Hewlett-Packard 166D (CPU1)
Intel HD Graphics 3000
119GB ATA PLEXTOR PX-128M5 SCSI Disk Device (SSD)
find
quote
#27
Hey gujiangjiang,

Can you test out this rom and let me know it if bricks. This is just to test out some RSA stuff, so there's nothing unlocked. Thanks Big Grin
find
quote
#28
(05-29-2014, 05:23 PM)donovan6000 Wrote: Hey gujiangjiang,

Can you test out this rom and let me know it if bricks. This is just to test out some RSA stuff, so there's nothing unlocked. Thanks Big Grin

Ok ,i will try and give you q feedback.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intel Core i5 2410M @ 2.30GHz
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
6.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Hewlett-Packard 166D (CPU1)
Intel HD Graphics 3000
119GB ATA PLEXTOR PX-128M5 SCSI Disk Device (SSD)
find
quote
#29
(05-29-2014, 05:23 PM)donovan6000 Wrote: Hey gujiangjiang,

Can you test out this rom and let me know it if bricks. This is just to test out some RSA stuff, so there's nothing unlocked. Thanks Big Grin
Hello,donovan6K,

My friend had just test this BIOS ,But sadly bricked.

Sad

Intel Core i5 2410M @ 2.30GHz
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
6.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Hewlett-Packard 166D (CPU1)
Intel HD Graphics 3000
119GB ATA PLEXTOR PX-128M5 SCSI Disk Device (SSD)
find
quote
#30
(05-29-2014, 05:23 PM)donovan6000 Wrote: Hey gujiangjiang,

Can you test out this rom and let me know it if bricks. This is just to test out some RSA stuff, so there's nothing unlocked. Thanks Big Grin

Hello ,Any other progress?

Regards


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intel Core i5 2410M @ 2.30GHz
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
6.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Hewlett-Packard 166D (CPU1)
Intel HD Graphics 3000
119GB ATA PLEXTOR PX-128M5 SCSI Disk Device (SSD)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)