Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424131
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3554
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 214
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 162
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223743
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119095
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6738
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 351
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309499
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 564
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20216
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169141
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6261
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 766
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5735
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61106
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274946

[Requiest/Inquiry] Lenovo E531 does it support 3840QM?
#1
Anyone know if the BIOS support this CPU?
The chipset should be okay, HM77...

I know Lenovo officially support up to the 3612QM

here is a backup of my bios modded for removal of wifi whitelist.. https://www.sendspace.com/file/uqwy2i
if anyone knows how to look at the microcodes/opcodes or whatever it's called, and can tell me if this CPU might work in this system?
find
quote
#2
Look here :

http://donovan6000.blogspot.it/2013/06/i...codes.html

To make this job I need your CPUID report You can use AIDA64 (cracked version to get FULL)
to make a Full Report !
Upload It here please !
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#3
(09-13-2015, 04:29 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Look here :

http://donovan6000.blogspot.it/2013/06/i...codes.html

To make this job I need your CPUID report You can use AIDA64 (cracked version to get FULL)
to make a Full Report !
Upload It here please !
Regards


Attached Files
.txt   Report.txt (Size: 58.08 KB / Downloads: 6)
find
quote
#4
I am sorry but cannot find It into your laptop Bios so may be is Crypted !
Your actual version is 1Bh look into report.txt file and which one is publicated
by Intel is 01000000 1B 00000014202905A90603 = 1B so there aren't update
anyway !
Intel file :

http://rghost.net/6lHCRT5Sb

Open It and You'll find this info like Donovan explained !
I am sorry Sad
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#5
(09-13-2015, 09:43 AM)BDMaster Wrote: I am sorry but cannot find It into your laptop Bios so may be is Crypted !
Your actual version is 1Bh look into report.txt file and which one is publicated
by Intel is 01000000 1B 00000014202905A90603 = 1B so there aren't update
anyway !
Intel file :

http://rghost.net/6lHCRT5Sb

Open It and You'll find this info like Donovan explained !
I am sorry Sad
Regards

I guess I'll just have to try and see
find
quote
#6
Microcodes in your BIOS:
Code:
Offset   Size   Version  CPUID
0x2B1000 0x2400 00000028 0206A7 (Sandy Bridge)
0x2B3400 0x2400 00000007 0306A4 (Ivy Bridge ES)
0x2B5800 0x2400 00000007 0306A5 (Ivy Bridge ES)
0x2B7C00 0x1800 00000002 0306A6 (Ivy Bridge ES)
0x2B9400 0x2800 00000010 0306A8 (Ivy Bridge)
0x2BBC00 0x2C00 00000015 0306A9 (Ivy Bridge)
from 0x2BE800 to 0x2C6000 filled by 0xFF
Current CPU and Core i7-3840QM have CPUID=0306A9. Windows load microcode version 1B, but BIOS have only 15. You can simply overwirite last microcode with new one.
TDP for 3840QM is 45 W, but TDP for current CPU is 35 W only. So I think 3840QM will boot but will overheat!
Best choice for you is Core i7-3632QM or Core i7-3612QM with TDP=35 W.
find
quote
#7
Nice job Wink
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#8
(09-13-2015, 12:59 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Microcodes in your BIOS:
Code:
Offset Size Version CPUID
0x2B1000 0x2400 00000028 0206A7 (Sandy Bridge)
0x2B3400 0x2400 00000007 0306A4 (Ivy Bridge ES)
0x2B5800 0x2400 00000007 0306A5 (Ivy Bridge ES)
0x2B7C00 0x1800 00000002 0306A6 (Ivy Bridge ES)
0x2B9400 0x2800 00000010 0306A8 (Ivy Bridge)
0x2BBC00 0x2C00 00000015 0306A9 (Ivy Bridge)
from 0x2BE800 to 0x2C6000 filled by 0xFF
Current CPU and Core i7-3840QM have CPUID=0306A9. Windows load microcode version 1B, but BIOS have only 15. You can simply overwirite last microcode with new one.
TDP for 3840QM is 45 W, but TDP for current CPU is 35 W only. So I think 3840QM will boot but will overheat!
Best choice for you is Core i7-3632QM or Core i7-3612QM with TDP=35 W.

I am aware it's 45 W, I plan to use external GPU, so internal nvidia gpu will not make much heat. 
so I think it might work with the current heating solution, if it doesn't work well I will go for the 3632QM for sure.

so my bios needs more modification or not? if it does can you do it for me? Smile
it's still a week or two before I take my laptop apart to flash the bios with hardware flasher. I will first post hardware backup (as opposed to the software backup) of the flash-chip to BDMaster before I flash anything.
find
quote
#9
(09-13-2015, 08:54 PM)GizmoTheGreen Wrote: so my bios needs more modification or not? if it does can you do it for me? Smile
You need update microcode for CPUID=0306A9. You can do it yourself.
find
quote
#10
(09-14-2015, 02:08 AM)DeathBringer Wrote:
(09-13-2015, 08:54 PM)GizmoTheGreen Wrote: so my bios needs more modification or not? if it does can you do it for me? Smile
You need update microcode for CPUID=0306A9. You can do it yourself.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/e69zkv I think I did it, does it look right?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)