Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 39
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424257
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3568
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 233
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 168
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 261
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224011
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119117
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 242
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6750
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 364
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309584
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61916
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 579
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20232
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169182
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6284
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 779
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5746
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61134

[Resolved] E5450/Harpertown support on AMI BIOS MLB1218 Motherboard
#1
Hello Bios-Mods.  I'm requesting help on flashing a BIOS for my AMI BIOS motherboard MLB1218.  This motherboard came on a server that was passed down to me by a buddy of mine as he has no use for it anymore.  The server is an old Gateway E-9425R that came stock with a Xeon 5110.  Trying to give it dual Xeon 5450s but upon popping one in it states that it isn't supported by my BIOS.  The latest BIOS revision from Gateway's website (1.95) states that it added support for Harpertown release candidate (C0) but will still not work even when flashed to the latest revision.  

Both 5450s I've ordered are SLANQ which are noted as being C0 core stepping.  I've tried flashing the BIOS myself, had someone extremely helpful on another forum have their go at it with microcodes from 2015 where as mine were from 2010, and still no go.  Requesting help from anyone who has more experience than I as this is my last hope for getting these chips installed this motherboard before I downgrade them to something else.  

Bios Link: http://global-download.gateway.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Gateway_1.95_A_A.zip?acerid=634190935348517924&Step1=SERVER&Step2=RACKMOUNT&Step3=E-9425R&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=GATEWAY&SC=PA_6G
What Happens: https://i.imgur.com/PzSoYbV.jpg
CPU-ID Pics:
 |---Cpu: https://i.imgur.com/Zr2yjkf.jpg
 |--Mobo: https://i.imgur.com/fhFgYlv.jpg
CPU Spec Code: SLANQ

If there is anything else needed I can supply them too.  To see everything I've tried so far in greater detail you can see then on this OCN forum post I've made.  If linking to another forum isn't allowed it's totally okay to edit this post and remove this line or just ask me to and I will.
Thanks for reading!
find
quote
#2
Try to flash my mod.
find
quote
#3
Hello DeathBringer! And wow, that worked without any problems! I looked at the microcodes and it seems you didn't touch them from the original ROM, may I ask what you did so I know for future reference if I'm able to do this myself? Always trying to learn. Thank you very much for the fix!!
find
quote
#4
I've patched CPU check and updated microcode.
BTW: I'm not a tutor.
find
quote
#5
That's fine, I didn't need any specific steps I was just curious. Thanks again! I'll look into it, have a wonderful day
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)