Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6415
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14046
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424572
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3659
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 330
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 238
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 348
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224899
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119212
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 302
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6820
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 443
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309843
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62010
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 660
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20321
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169444
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6393
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 867

Retreiving the BIOS ROM Data from a Windows BIOS update installer
#1
Hi,

I'm trying to do the impossible.

Find and extract the ROM information needed to do a DOS based ROM update from a WINDOWS Executable that contains a ROM update image wrapped in a Windows Installer.

I have the file open in Oketa, Hex editor and I "believe I can see the boundaries", but if there is someone really well versed in Hex / Binary and could lend a hand it would be appreciated.

find
quote
#2
Just post a link , chances are we can extract it Smile

No Binary or hex needed either Tongue

Admin
find
quote
#3
1234s282, did you work with the new AsRock BIOS package? They aren't releasing the BIOS as a stand-alone ROM anymore, only packed with a flasher.

I've figured out how to extract the first version of such packages but they've modified the package both for DOS and Windows flashing.

It would be nice to work out a way to have them and place in the tutorial, what do you think?
find
quote
#4
Antinomy if you could please provide me with an example model / bios i can take a look and see what i can do

Regards
Admin
find
quote
#5
For example, this one: http://download.asrock.com/bios/Atom/A33...40)DOS.zip

I don't exactly need this particular BIOS, I just want to fill a gap in my knowledge and a gap in potential patients Big Grin

And I'll fill a gap in your knowledge by a handy tutorial that I'm working on ATM.
find
quote
#6
(12-30-2010, 05:47 AM)1234s282 Wrote: Just post a link , chances are we can extract it Smile

No Binary or hex needed either Tongue

Admin

You would be "BIOS God" if you can (and it actually worked of course) Tongue
(or you're using writeromfile ? Heart
HPBIOSFILE.exe -writeromfile / -writehexfile / -writehdrfile

Here's a link....

HP OEM M2N68-LA BIOS Update

I actually need this to resurrect a dead HP because the BIOS is FooBarred and I can't boot into windows to run it from there. If you wee able to extract the BIOS ROM only file it might be a God Send to a LOT of HP owners in a similar situation.

find
quote
#7
Extracted :

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/sp37190%20extracted.zip

bios file is 513.rom Smile

Admin
find
quote
#8
(12-30-2010, 08:46 PM)1234s282 Wrote: Extracted :

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/sp37190%20extracted.zip

bios file is 513.rom Smile

Admin

OMG !!!!
Is this for REAL ???
You DID it !! SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

You have no idea how much your efforts mean to me !!

I would like to flash the BIOS with this using a DOS flash utility and if it works, I pledge a donation of at LEAST $15.00

THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU

Are you allowed to tell how you did it or would you have to shoot me ?
Is the extraction someone can do or do you have very specialized tools for that particular procedure?
Which DOS based award flasher should I use? (I cant get into Windows)

There's only one that has "HP" in the name awdflash8833S.exe

Does it matter which flash utility I use?

The one extracted from the file is for using INSIDE Windows and I can't boot windows.

This site rocks !

find
quote
#9
Nope i wouldnt have to shoot you Smile Just extracted using Winhex Smile

Admin
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)