Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424131
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3554
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 214
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 162
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223743
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119095
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6738
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 351
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309499
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 564
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20216
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169141
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6261
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 766
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5735
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61106
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274946

*Reward* HP Leonite: Quad Cores CPU Support
#1
Hello!

I currently have a HP computer with a HP Leonite Motherboard, which has a Core 2 Duo e6700 processor. The most it will support on the stock BIOS. I was wondering if anyone could take the time to add in the microcode for the q6600/q6700 processor, and I think it should be easy as they are both 1066mhz just like the board supports, both 65nm like the board supports, and both lga 775, like the board supports. And the chipset supports it too. I think it's just an issue where the microcode is not in. Since I am so desperate, anyone who can successfully get the q6600/q6700 working in that motherboard, can expect a generous donation up to $20.

Thank you for reading this thread and hopefully you can give me a solution.

Thanks,
Plane
(In case you did not guess that's not my real name)
find
quote
#2
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
find
quote
#3
Thanks for your reply DeathBringer! I currently have the computer disassembled, here are some more detailed specs:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 (A Dual Core @ 2.66GHZ)
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/...z-fsb.html

Motherboard: HP Leonite Motherboard (An LGA775 Motherboard)
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00864946

RAM: 4GB Generic HP Memory (At 667MHZ)
(Just the ones that came with the computer)

Graphics Card: Zotac GT 1030 (2GB GDDR5)
https://www.amazon.com/Zotac-ZT-P10300A-10L-NVIDIA-GeForce-PCI-Express/dp/B071NPW8CK/ref=sr_1_11?crid=1BASASD2P2UX&keywords=zotac+geforce+gt+1030+2gb+gddr5&qid=1571842808&sprefix=zotac+gt+1030+2%2Caps%2C304&sr=8-11

Chipset: i945G (Should Support Quad Cores)
http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-Intel_(chi...press.html

Thank you for replying and if you need any more information please let me know! :-)
find
quote
#4
945G chipset hasn't support for CPU with quad cores CPU.
find
quote
#5
Are you sure? It lists the Q6600 in the compatible cpu's list.
find
quote
#6
Try to find a prove.
find
quote
#7
Woah, ok.

If you say that it's not compatible, I believe you. You are the specialist, I'm the newbie, I just wanted you to double check.

Anyway, if 4 cores cannot be done, could the BIOS be unlocked to add overclocking options? I just want to squeeze any performance I can out of this motherboard.

I have also tried using Clockgen and SetFSB, but both only got the cpu about 0.1 - 0.2GHZ higher, and honestly the difference is not even noticeable.

Anyway, thanks for your replies and hopefully we can find a solution.
find
quote
#8
Unlocking is offtopic in this section.
find
quote
#9
Ok, well, I'll open a new thread in another forum, thanks for your help!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)