Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 461
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 104596
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 981
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3355
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 8482
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8165
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14342
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 249
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425538
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3839
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 530
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 330
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 668
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227481
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119637
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 385
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6995
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 616
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310562
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62221

[SOLVED] DELL Latitude E4200 SLIC 2.1
#1
Well, I fixed this problem(?) by myself.

Indeed DELL E4200's bios has a legitimate SLIC 2.1 table already in there, but somehow it does NOT work.
I googled for another 2 hours, and finally got answer from u-2-bu (you know what I mean), under 'unlock dell' title.

All I needed to do was delete and re-insert same 'SERVICE TAG' via DELL BIOS RESET disc (finding it was very hard).

I don't know why, but if somehow bios's service tag was corrupted or broken, SLIC 2.1 table simply disappeares from ACPI table. So after I re-insert same service tag number into the system, SLIC 2.1 table reappeared magically!

So that's why there's no E4200 SLIC 2.1 modded bios file on the net, since original DELL file already has it in it.

That'll be all folks, and have a nice one!



=======================
[ORIGINAL POST]

Hello there!

I'm looking for DELL E4200's SLIC 2.1 modded bios.

-Manufacturer: DELL
-Motherboard Model: Latitude E4200
-Bios revision: A24
-Bios Type: Phoenix BIOS
-Bios Download Link: http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER01530523...200A24.exe
-RW-report: https://app.box.com/s/ijg92qorsldqbxp4qbbr5dz1v22g61yw



I tried to do this by myself with phoenixtool260, but it didn't work.

Detailed how it didn't work:
- DELL's original bios file seemed to have SLIC 2.1 already in it, but re-flashing it didn't work.
- phoenixtool260 FAILED to modify bios with SSV2 method (as RW-report directs)
-> Cannot replaec MCFG offset if XSDT table present.
- phoenixtool260's Dynamic mod seemed succeeded, but modified BIOS HDR file does not give me SLIC 2.1 table.
-> I flashed bios with ubuntu linux's dellBiosUpdate tool.

- I even tried to mod old bios version A22, but SLIC 2.1 is not present.
-> I post result SLIC_Toolkit_V3.2 screen capture.

So, I'm stuck and out of option.

Could somebody help me?
Thank you very much.



   

   

   

   
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)