Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
HP 17-BS082ND, anybody ever see this kin...
Last Post: williamrodgers
Today 05:34 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1816
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6429
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14059
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424601
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3666
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 335
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 239
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 356
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1225008
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119225
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 306
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6825
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 452
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309868
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62015
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 670
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20331
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169468
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6407

[SOLVED] Dell Inspiron 545 Bios for 65nm 771 CPU Support
#21
No, it can be run on usual XP (32 bit).
find
quote
#22
(11-23-2016, 07:41 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: No, it can be run on usual XP (32 bit).

Nope, I got an error saying that it needs XP x64 or above, the same error as here: http://forum.sysinternals.com/coreinfo-o...21245.html
find
quote
#23
OK. Sad
Make CPU-Z TXT report and post a part of it with name CPU Thread 0 (to "CPU Thread 1" or "Chipset")
find
quote
#24
Here is the Coreinfo dump: http://pastebin.com/5QwPmY4G
Here is the CPUZ dump:http://pastebin.com/EwW665Ct
And here is a video of the bios: https://goo.gl/photos/GAK7Ub1jvX2TDJAw5

Also, something interesting I noticed was that in the 'clocks' menu of CPUZ (you can see that in the image album) it showed that one core was running at 3ghz while the other was running at 2ghz...
find
quote
#25
Download RWEverything. Try portable version.
Press CPU MSR registers button, press User list button or F5, type a=0x198, press Add, type b=0x199, press Add, type c=0x1A0, press Add, press Done.
Post values of MSR with addresses 0x198, 0x199 and 0x1A0 (for each core).
find
quote
#26
(11-23-2016, 08:36 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Download RWEverything. Try portable version.
Press CPU MSR registers button, press User list button or F5, type a=0x198, press Add, type b=0x199, press Add, type c=0x1A0, press Add, press Done.
Post values of MSR with addresses 0x198, 0x199 and 0x1A0 (for each core).

It's night here, will do in the morning.
find
quote
#27
I'm such an idiot... It looks like the CPU was lowering the multi when the cpu wasn't being heavily used. The multiplier shot up to 9x as soon as I ran Prime 95. Thank you so much for your kind help and the BIOS, Deathbringer!
find
quote
#28
Nice news!
Add "[Solved]" to this topic's header by editing first post.
And please post new topic in Confirmed CPU Support Upgrades with attached BIOS mod.
find
quote
#29
I ran into strange problems.

Actually I didnt need this bios patch to run E5450 on this Inspiron 545 computer. It was solid for weeks, until I tried to run vmware or virtualbox, it then complained something like I cannot run 64 bit vm on 32-bit machine, anyway it was bongus I think.

Then I found this patched bios, flashed it, all good and no more complain with vmware or virtualbox (cpu seems to be properly supported). However, now I will have random reboot issue. Everytime when it was rebooted, vmware or virtualbox would complain with the same error that I mention above. However the problem goes away after I shutdown and power off completely and restart.

I cant figure out what caused the reboot or how to properly troubleshoot this.

Any idea of what could went wrong here?!?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)