Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
HP 17-BS082ND, anybody ever see this kin...
Last Post: williamrodgers
Today 05:34 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1816
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6429
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14059
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424601
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3666
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 335
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 239
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 356
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1225008
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119225
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 306
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6825
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 452
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309868
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62015
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 670
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20331
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169468
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6407

[SOLVED] Dell Inspiron 545 Bios for 65nm 771 CPU Support
#1
Hi all

I'm restoring an Inspiron 545 and I bought a Xeon 5160 for it. I will be doing the 771-775 mod. I have already modified the CPU socket but I need a modded BIOS with support for at least 65nm 771 Xeons. Could someone please mod the BIOS for me? I've only edited Asus BIOS's before and I really don't want to brick this board since it's for my Computer Club.

Thank you in advance.

Update: This is solved. See here: https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-X...45-DG33M06
find
quote
#2
Okay, I've installed the CPU now, and it works fine....except that the CPU is running with a 6x multiplier instead of it's proper 9x one. Can someone please help me fix this?
find
quote
#3
Tell sSpec of your Xeon 5160.
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with new CPU.
find
quote
#4
(11-22-2016, 11:40 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Tell sSpec of your Xeon 5160.
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with new CPU.

The SSpec is SL9RT. I don't have access to the board right now but when I do I will post the CPUZ screenies here.
find
quote
#5
Try to flash my mod with microcode for all 771 socket CPU.
find
quote
#6
(11-23-2016, 05:24 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Try to flash my mod with microcode for all 771 socket CPU.

The link is dead. Also, how would I flash this? Does it have to be done in an OS or is there a startup disk I can use?
find
quote
#7
My link isn't dead. Unpack and run WinFlash.exe with 8A1D1P34.BIN as parameter.
Read familiar thread - https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-D...x5450-Xeon
find
quote
#8
(11-23-2016, 05:33 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: My link isn't dead. Unpack and run WinFlash.exe.

Thanks. I'm installing XP to try it now.
find
quote
#9
Tried the BIOS. Still the same issue.
find
quote
#10
Make & post a screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)