Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 13999
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 106
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424456
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3619
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 283
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 206
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 307
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224532
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119172
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 274
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6789
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 408
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309723
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61965
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 624
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20279
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169321
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6352
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 827
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5797

[SOLVED] Help BIOS Recovery Inspiron 5452
#1
Hello, first of all I would like to begin by apologizing for my English, I will try to be as clear as possible.

The Problem: During a recommended BIOS update, the computer froze and I had no choice but to turn it off and after turning it on again I can hear it starting (fans, hd, ...) but the screen remains black and the notification light briefly lights up and goes out, stays on until I turn it off again. No beeps and no light to give me any trouble.

Model: DELL Inspiron 14 5452 (i14-5452-B03P)

What I've already tried: Remove the BIOS battery; Hold the power switch for 1 minute without anything connected; Connect without HD; Basically everything found here in forums and others; The only way something different happened, was to turn on without memory RAM, then it beeps for the absence of memory.

Where I want to go: One of the ways I tried to recover it was by using a pen drive, I downloaded the latest BIOS version, used the commands (/writehdrfile and /writeromfile) and it worked, copied the files to the pen drive (FAT and FAT32) and connected to the computer, with the battery removed I held the END button and connected the external source, the computer turns on, the led starts flashing in a single color and stays on until I turn it off, I see that the pen drive is being identified because it flashes for less than 3 seconds and nothing happens, after all, I have concluded that the name of the files on the pen drive may be incorrect, then the second problem begins.

Latest BIOS:
downloads.dell.com/FOLDER04013912M/1/Inspiron_5452_1.6.0.EXE

When trying to recover the file name to start the recovery by pen drive, I used Andy's tool, it recognizes the bios, it does all the reading but it does not return any name to the file, so I'm in that situation.

[Image: HZh2p5e.png]

Last thing I did not mention, in the tool it informs that bios is Insyde, but when opening the rom or hdr file in some hex editor, I find no reference to Insyde, but it has lines reporting American Megatrends, Inc.


[Image: DVoUgao.png]

AMI Tool says the BIOS is not AMI.

[Image: kLeOz2d.png]

I am upset and I believe that there is some way to recover it, but I am limited by myself and I come here to seek wisdom with you, who certainly have more than I, I will follow the post and any doubt or request for information about the problem, do not hesitate I'll answer, please, help me.

SOLVED!

I was able to solve using the following method with notes that I will speak below:

Quote:1) First of all you have to download the correct firmware from Dell Official Website. (NOTE 1)

2) Use Windows Command Prompt (run as administrator) to extract the required firmware files:
  • C:\>cd /Downloads
  • C:\>Inspiron_5452_1.2.1.EXE /writehdrfile
  • C:\>Inspiron_5452_1.2.1.EXE /writeromfile
3) Rename the newly created Inspiron_5452_1.2.1.HDR and Inspiron_5452_1.2.1.ROM. (NOTE 2)

4) Format an USB thumb-drive to FAT and copy all files on it. You do not need to create bootable USB drive. (NOTE 3)

5) Shutdown your faulty laptop if is is still running with the black screen, remove the battery, disconnect the power supply.

6) Insert the USB drive in the USB port. (NOTE 3)

7) Press and keep hold the END key on the keyboard for your faulty laptop.

8) Plug the DC power connectors (power plug) into the laptop.

9) The laptop should now power up automatically, without you pressing the power button. The laptop "power on LED" will start to blink, this indicates you're in the correct mode. You may release the "END" key now.

10) In a few seconds, your flash drive LED will light up (access), the laptop will look for the file on it, after 10 seconds or so it should find the file and the flash drive LED should stop, if not, the laptop didn't find the file. check step 2 and try again from there.

11) If the laptop has found the file, and it is the correct one, you should start to hear a beep every two seconds to indicate the flashing process has begun, if not, the laptop have found the file, but it's not what he wants, check step 1 and try again from there.

12) After 3 minutes or so, the beep pattern will change to 5 beeps in a row, this means the flashing procedure is done and your laptop should reboot automatically, if not you may hold down the power button and do it manually. (NOTE 4)

Credits: Roland Ihasz and leocb (Bios-Mods)

NOTES:

1) I used the original version of the notebook, not the newest one. (Used 1.2.1: downloads.dell.com/FOLDER03226948M/1/Inspiron_5452_1.2.1.EXE)

2) I renamed the files as follows the image, as I do not know which one worked, use everyone in doubt. These are renamed copies of the same files HDR and ROM and EXE (EXE is the website/downloaded version.).

[Image: nKhNfWK.png] 

3) I created a partition of 1024 MB, FAT, in my pen drive that has 8 GB and used right USB port (2.0).

4) When the notebook display is turned off and beeped in the sequence of 5 beeps, the process is over and you can turn it off with the button. When I turned it on again, I accessed the BIOS and gave it a default config, now it's all as if nothing had happened.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)