Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6358
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14009
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 110
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424484
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3625
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 291
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 211
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 314
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224598
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 277
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6792
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 417
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309742
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61970
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 627
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20283
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169349
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6355
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 832

Scaling Governor in moded Xeon x5460 (Dell Vostro 230)
#11
Try to flash my new mod.
Load Defauts in BIOS, Save & Exit.
Boot Linux and do again:
sudo rdmsr 0x1A0
find
quote
#12
(01-09-2018, 12:00 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Try to flash my new mod.
Load Defauts in BIOS, Save & Exit.
Boot Linux and do again:
sudo rdmsr 0x1A0

Thank you for your efforts, I will try that as soon as I get back home from work.
Just to confirm, when I flashed my modded BIOS I used AFUWIN selecting the "Program All Blocks" option. Is that correct?
I also removed the mainboard battery for a few seconds before booting to the new BIOS, do I need to do that?

Thanks.
find
quote
#13
Flash BIOS as you prefer. Smile
find
quote
#14
The result is slightly different, just one digit:

Code:
sudo rdmsr 0x1A0

4062862489
find
quote
#15
Good news.
Now Enhanced SpeedStep state is unlocked, but still it's disabled.
find
quote
#16
(01-09-2018, 02:04 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Good news.
Now Enhanced SpeedStep state is unlocked, but still it's disabled.

That sounds like you are getting close to the root of the problem. I hope there is a solution.
Thanks for your work, it is really appreciated.
find
quote
#17
Try to flash my 3rd mod.
Load Defauts in BIOS, Save & Exit.
Boot Linux and do again:
sudo rdmsr 0x1A0
find
quote
#18
Hi,

Thanks for the new mod.
I think I have good and bad news.


Code:
sudo rdmsr 0x1A0

4062872489

I think speedstep is now enabled but cpufreq-info still reports that "no or unknown cpufreq driver is active on this CPU"

I tried to load p4-clockmod and acpi-cpufreq drivers without success.
speedstep-lib driver can be loaded but it has no effect.
find
quote
#19
(01-10-2018, 02:28 PM)malomehi Wrote: I think speedstep is now enabled
You are right.
Sorry I'm not Linux's specialist.
find
quote
#20
(01-10-2018, 02:34 PM)DeathBringer Wrote:
(01-10-2018, 02:28 PM)malomehi Wrote: I think speedstep is now enabled
You are right.
Sorry I'm not Linux's specialist.

Ok, thank you very much for your help.
I will try to find a solution (if there is any).
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)