Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3536
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 201
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 157
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 242
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223628
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119088
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 230
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6729
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 344
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309470
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61894
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 559
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20208
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169119
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6253
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 759
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5729
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61093
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274929
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 877

[Solved] APP78-CF (Jesse): error unsupported cpu installed
#1
I am having trouble upgrading the cpu on my hp touchsmart 300-1025 pc. I want to upgrade the cpu from an amd athlon II X2 240e to an amd athlon II X4 615e. So I install the 615e in the computer then I power on the computer and then after hp logo screen an error message appears saying "error unsupported cpu installed". That does not make any sense. The 615e is an AM3 cpu and 45w just like the 240e. The 615e should absolutely work on this computer. Can somebody mod the bios for this computer to make the 615e compatible I would really appreciate it Smile

Oh and before anybody asks, I already tried updating to latest bios from hp still did not work so the bios needs to be modded.
find
quote
#2
Install your Athlon II X2 240e and post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z.
And make a good foto of your Athlon II X4 615e or just write down all digits & letters from this CPU.
find
quote
#3
(02-04-2016, 11:59 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Install your Athlon II X2 240e and post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z.
And make a good foto of your Athlon II X4 615e or just write down all digits & letters from this CPU.

Ok so you want me to to install 240e, already done that. You want me to take screenshots of first cpu, you mean 240e, and third mainboard, the motherboard? Then you want me to take a picture of my 615e or write down all digits and letters from the 615e. Ok I will do all what you ask me to do. You can help me make the 615 work on the HP Touchsmart with bios modding right?
find
quote
#4
I can't help you without all info I need.
find
quote
#5
(02-04-2016, 12:12 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: I can't help you without all info I need.

Ok I took screenshots of 240e and mainboard cpuz and took picture of 615e.

[Image: GQETMmo5.png]


[Image: kh9azLgw.png]



[Image: ilGLV9b4.jpg]
find
quote
#6
Please delete this big foto of CPU!
CPU info:
AD615EHDK42GM
NADIC AD 1103APC
9P26022A11254
find
quote
#7
(02-04-2016, 11:46 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Please delete this big foto of CPU!
CPU info:
AD615EHDK42GM
NADIC AD 1103APC
9P26022A11254

Why do you want me to delete the photo? That does not make sense. Ok fine I will make it smaller.
find
quote
#8
(02-04-2016, 11:46 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Please delete this big foto of CPU!
CPU info:
AD615EHDK42GM
NADIC AD 1103APC
9P26022A11254

I edited the photo to 1280X720 size, the photo is smaller now.
find
quote
#9
Your BIOS officially supports only CPU with C2 stepping. It's reason why your Athlon II X4 615e with C3 stepping don't boot normally.
I'll try fix it but I'm not a good specialist in AMD.
find
quote
#10
I've made the mod of BIOS. Please verify it.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)