Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108049
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1314
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3541
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9216
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8767
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14363
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425650
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 535
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227609
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119723
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7000
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 623
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310595
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62225

[Solved] Acer v3-772g InsydeH2O bios bricked. Recovery doesn't work
#11
(09-12-2017, 11:54 AM)wasseruhr Wrote: Hello, my name is Tobias,

yesterday I tried to reflash this (Biosbackup.bin) modified bios BDMaster made for me a few years ago.
I used the windows interface to flash the bios but unfortunately the screen completely freezed and an error similar to  this one showed up: "Unable to flash bios, no permissions"...


I turned of the Laptop, removed the battery and tried restart it... But nothing... No fan, not even the power indicator LED on the power button turned on. Just a black screen.
After that I tried to reflash the bios by emergency mode, but that was unpossible because there is no power on the USB port.

The last option I´ve known was to use my CH341 EEPROM programmer with SOIC-8 Clip. I completely disassembled the laptop, connected the clip to the bios chip and reflashed the bios. Unfortunatelly it´s still not working, the laptop looks like being dead...


The Bios chip is this one: MXIC MX 25L1673E M2I-10G, SOIC-8, 16MBit SPI Flash.
It has a capacity of 2MB but the BIOS rom a capacity of 4MB. I did a lil bit of research and found out that on this 4MB ROM could be also be in additon stored the intel ME (management interface) with 2MB of storage...  How can I remove this from the BIOS rom? Otherwise I´ll never be able to reflash the Bios properly.


What am I doing wrong? ;(

Hopefully someone can give me a lil tip to revive my laptop (Acer V3-772g-747a161TBDWakk) Undecided


Wish all of you an amazing day!


Tobias



EDIT: I recently found out that there is a MXIC MX 25L3273E M2I-10G, SOIC-8, 32MBit SPI Flash BIOS chip on the back side of the motherboard... This one has a capacity of 4MB´s... Probably this is the one I need to reflash... I´ll update this as soon as I reflashed it...

EDIT2: Could this second (2MB) BIOS Chip be for redundancy? Does that make sense?  ?
Hi
use SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip and make damp (all chip)
find
quote
#12
Hi there sorry for my bad English. Can you please help me. l have disabled something in the advanced tab now laptop only spins its fan and screen is completely dark. the laptop even turns itself on when is connected to power. L have tried to reflash with ch341 but everything is the same only black screen. Please help
find
quote
#13
(08-11-2021, 02:30 PM)kosac Wrote: Hi there sorry for my bad English. Can you please help me. l have disabled something in the advanced tab now laptop only spins its fan and screen is completely dark. the laptop even turns itself on when is connected to power. L have tried to reflash with ch341 but everything is the same only black screen. Please help
Hi
need your damaged dump
find
quote
#14
Hi,
my Bios is bricked and i have no backup. I have an TL866 Plus flasher. How i become a Recovery Bios? The FD File from Acer is to big for the flash.
Maybe anyone have a sulution for me?

Thank you
find
quote
#15
(12-24-2021, 07:52 AM)datom84 Wrote: Hi,
my Bios is bricked and i have no backup. I have an TL866 Plus flasher. How i become a Recovery Bios? The FD File from Acer is to big for the flash.
Maybe anyone have a sulution for me?

Thank you
Hi
Need your damaged dump
Check your PM
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)