Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424181
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3562
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 224
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 255
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223861
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119106
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6742
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 357
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309537
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61907
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 570
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20225
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169164
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6269
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 773
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5740
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61121
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274956

[Solved] Intel DG41AN micro code update for Xeon (LGA771)
#31
FSB 333 - works fine and stable.
FSB about 350 (overclocking) - sometimes when loading it gives an error 15h post card.
I think there is not enough power stability.

On the motherboard there is a double start (double inclusion).

this is normal?
find
quote
#32
Ask the manufacturer.
find
quote
#33
Hello, first of all I'm sorry. I have the DG41AN board. I got the Xeon L5430 processor. How do I change Bios? @DeathBringer
find
quote
#34
Read - https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-S...#pid149128
find
quote
#35
(01-11-2019, 04:26 AM)il86md Wrote: I want to install xeon E5440. How to make mod firmware for bios?
can i use firmware DG41AN_Xeon_E0.rom for xeon E5440?

I will put the fan on 65 watt copper.

(01-14-2019, 02:28 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: All OK. Now microcode is loaded by BIOS.

Hello! I want to install Xeon L5408 on my Intel DG41AN motherboard.

My processor has:
sSpec: SLBBT
Stepping: E0
CPUID: 1067A

I carefully read your correspondence with "il86md" user. (thread:  [Solved] Intel DG41AN micro code update for Xeon (LGA771) )
He wanted to install Xeon E5440 processor on the DG41AN motherboard.
My processor has the same parameters (Stepping, CPUID) so I did everything as you wrote in that forum thread.
You wrote: 
" Make DOS USB-stick (e.g, by Rufus), download and unzip all files
for the modded version of CHECKUP7 to this DOS USB-stick.
Install your Xeon E5440, boot from this DOS USB-stick and make a
photo of the screen with results."

I did that - here is the photo (first picture). (the same thing appeared on my screen)
   

second boot the same usb stick
(since the processor is 4-core, then all the information did not fit on the screen. I can show only part of the information)
   

Further you wrote: "Now make a screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0

And a screenshot of CPU-Z is needed."

Here's the CPU-Z picture.
   

And Regedit picture #1
   

regedit picture #2 with some translation in english
   

what i did wrong? 

Also after loading windows the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool 64bit program refuses to work!

Please help!
find
quote
#36
(09-29-2019, 01:33 AM)bmp_nmb Wrote: regedit picture #2 with some translation in english
It's OK.
(09-29-2019, 01:33 AM)bmp_nmb Wrote: what i did wrong?
Nothing. All OK.
(09-29-2019, 01:33 AM)bmp_nmb Wrote: Also after loading windows the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool 64bit program refuses to work!
Ask Intel.
find
quote
#37
Thank you! 
If in the future I want to replace the processor with an Intel® Xeon® Processor L5240 (E0, SLBAY, 1067A), do I need to update the microcode again?

Update: I think trere is something wrong with the processor - vray-benchmark-4.10.07 did not started, corona-1.3-benchmark started but crushes after 12 minutes. 

Although the stress test in the AIDA64 program runs well for 30 minutes. CinebenchR20 test passed well also.

any suggestions?
find
quote
#38
You don't need to use CHECKUP7 again if stepping of new CPU will be the same with old previous one.
Ask authors of these tools.
find
quote
#39
Thank you!
find
quote
#40
Hello! I purchased a DG41AN motherboard and an Xeon L5420 processor. What do I need to modify BIOS? I understand that it will fulfill what you indicated in this post - https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-S...#pid149128 and forward to you? @DeathBringer
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)