Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6369
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14010
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424499
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3626
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 295
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 212
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 315
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224630
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119179
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6793
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 418
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309748
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61975
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 630
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20286
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169379
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6357
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 833

[Solved] Trouble Flashing Lenovo Y50-70 4k
#1
I'm trying to mod the Insyde bios in my Y50-70 4k (remove white list, custom splash screen, enable hidden menus) but am having some trouble. I am using a combination of Andy's SLIC tool, IDA Pro, and a hex editor to do my hacks and build the rom, but this is my time so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

Anyway, when I try to flash using Windows tool (iscflash), it reboots into InsydeH2O and gives a 'Secure Flash/Invalid Firmware' error and doesn't flash. For the time being, I'm only trying to remove the white list, which only changes 2 bytes in the entire rom.

I've tried building the rom both using a backup image and using the downloaded update which didn't make a difference. I admit I'm a little confused about which one I should use and how I should flash it.

One thing I noticed is the backup image is exactly 64Mbits, while the downloaded update image is a bit longer. I opened the update in a hex editor to investigate and see the actual rom is prefaced with an executable ('MZ' are first 2 bytes, follow by a few k of machine code and string tables) and followed by what appears to be a cryptographic signature (I see the text 'Trust - Lenovo Certificate' and a bunch of seemingly random bytes). When I opened this image in the SLIC tool, I didn't receive a notice about encryption. Is it possible the built in update utility is verifying a signature before flashing?

I know other people were able to flash their Y50-70's without issue, so maybe I'm doing something wrong. My concern though is that since this is the newer 4k model, Lenovo may have subsequently locked down the updater. I am willing to pull the flash IC and program on the bench if needed, but obviously would rather not. Any suggestions on what I should do from here?

Thanks!
find
quote
#2
(12-22-2014, 04:43 PM)limaxray Wrote: I'm trying to mod the Insyde bios in my Y50-70 4k (remove white list, custom splash screen, enable hidden menus) but am having some trouble. I am using a combination of Andy's SLIC tool, IDA Pro, and a hex editor to do my hacks and build the rom, but this is my time so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

Anyway, when I try to flash using Windows tool (iscflash), it reboots into InsydeH2O and gives a 'Secure Flash/Invalid Firmware' error and doesn't flash. For the time being, I'm only trying to remove the white list, which only changes 2 bytes in the entire rom.

I've tried building the rom both using a backup image and using the downloaded update which didn't make a difference. I admit I'm a little confused about which one I should use and how I should flash it.

One thing I noticed is the backup image is exactly 64Mbits, while the downloaded update image is a bit longer. I opened the update in a hex editor to investigate and see the actual rom is prefaced with an executable ('MZ' are first 2 bytes, follow by a few k of machine code and string tables) and followed by what appears to be a cryptographic signature (I see the text 'Trust - Lenovo Certificate' and a bunch of seemingly random bytes). When I opened this image in the SLIC tool, I didn't receive a notice about encryption. Is it possible the built in update utility is verifying a signature before flashing?

I know other people were able to flash their Y50-70's without issue, so maybe I'm doing something wrong. My concern though is that since this is the newer 4k model, Lenovo may have subsequently locked down the updater. I am willing to pull the flash IC and program on the bench if needed, but obviously would rather not. Any suggestions on what I should do from here?

Thanks!

HI friend,
actualy all UEFI Bioses are Signed and Write Protect so is not possible to use Original Flash Tool to
re-write Bios Mod into Eeprom, so can use if Intel CPU an powerful Intel tool FPT and if there is
error28 can try to use Svl7 prr.exe tool to bypss It !
So the Original Bios file is much different than Backup and You cannot use the Original Pure, but
have to get only Bios Region !
Let me know
Regards

Use this tool run It as Admin and upload here the result file :

http://rghost.net/58219938

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#3
Here you go: https://www.sendspace.com/file/hxlzl5
find
quote
#4
(12-22-2014, 05:30 PM)limaxray Wrote: Here you go: https://www.sendspace.com/file/hxlzl5

Ok friend,
download this Bios Mod and use It from Windows !!!
move modified folder into C: HD root place and open a Comand Prompt with
Admin Rights and get a CLI window then execute these comands :

cd \
cd modified
fptw.exe -f bios.bin -bios (for win7 32 Bits)

OR

fptw64.exe -f bios.bin -bios (for win7 64 Bits)


If You got errors then use Readme file to flash from USB Stick !

http://rghost.net/59906461

Let me know
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#5
That worked perfectly, thanks!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)