Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 68
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424312
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3594
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 258
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 191
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 287
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224194
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119152
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 265
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6771
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 382
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309636
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61948
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 603
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20257
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169215
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6312
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 805
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5774
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61165

Sony SVP13 Ami Bios help unlock/ edit DMI table
#1
Hi guys, I did not find an "Introduction" Sub Forum so I didn't introduce myself, apologize for that and I'll sure do it if I found out where or you link me to it!

I need some guidance/ help with the Ami Bios from some Sony Vaio Pro 13, here is some background...

I own some of these laptops which I got pre-owned at Ebay or similar over the last years and a few weeks ago after buying the 4th, I found out the Product Version, S/N, Tag and UUID were missing (marked RESERVED on Bios). I went to check the others and to my surprise only one is correct, another doesn't match Chassis and the third also as RESERVED.
Maybe the Boards were replaced, bad bios flash, I don't know...

After long reading here and there I've tried editing this info with various tools and versions of these, Dmiedit, Amidedos, Amibpc, and Hex using UEFITool v28. I've also searched for some Sony version of these tools but never found info about such tool.

The Sony Vaio Recovery Mode screen ist also tied to the System Information Type 1 as it shows the Product Version, S/N and Tag number as soon you boot into bios.

What I've tried and/ or achived so far:
I made Backups from all roms and tried looking into all of them on HxD but on the Decoded Text columm I can not decipher anything... I don't have the knowledge for that...
I was able to insert Product Version, S/N and Tag in one clean rom extracted from Sony .exe only because I could find the word RESERVED in it, but no clue where to the UUID goes...

-Dmiedit within Windows doesn't work because this Bios have write protection.
-Amidedos from DOS doesn't work and command "Amidedos /all" shows all Info as Read Only ®
-Amibcp within Windows does work but Info on System Information Type 1 does not show up in Bios although Amibcp saves it without error output.
-UEFITool+ HxD got the job done for Product Version, S/N and Tag but I can not find out where to insert the UUID...

I've save some txt files using Amidedos and there are also some lines under OEM String #1, #2 and #3 showing two long strings on two laptops but not on the one with my test rom.

I would like to know where the UUID goes and what these OEM Strings are so maybe I can understand a bit more of this.
If someone can show me how to make sense of all the characters under Decoded Text in HxD, maybe I'll be able to further edit myself.
All Bios are language are EN but the Vaio Recovery are in defferent language as follows:
- clean/ test roms Recovery is EN
- BACKi7.rom Recovery is Chinese or Japanese
- BACKi3.rom Recovery is German

I'll be thankful if someone does it for me but I really would like to learn it and will be more than happy if someone can guide me through.

You find all the roms with the txt and some HxD screenshots with the S/N offset below and please let me know if you need more from me.

And sorry for the very long writeup... maybe too much unnecessary info but I thought it might help something.

Thank you in advance and greetings from Switzerland
EDIT:
Somehow I can't see the my zip file on the post neither on my uploaded files so here is my Mega link.
https://mega.nz/file/MxIh0YaY#HgoBCF2pjq...4wX-zHMPU4
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)