Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: awesomeguy
Yesterday 04:27 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 82
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 101443
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 513
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 2867
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 7255
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6974
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14330
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 240
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425372
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3828
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 517
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 324
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 540
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227278
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119500
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 382
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6987
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 608
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310529
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62213

Sony Vaio VGN-AR630E R2080J8 Intel VT-x Enabled (Post: #7)
#1
Hello all, 1st poster here. I have a Sony Vaio VGN-AR630E that I am trying to do some BIOS mod to turn on the VT-x option. The BIOS is Version R1050J8. Sony has no update for it as I have contacted Sony and was told flat out they don't have one. It would be nice to be able to see what all options there are in the BIOS. I am familiar with BIOS's but not Modifying them. My main reason for wanting this is to be able to run a Virtual Machine with support for several OS Systems. Thank you for all your help in advance.

Specifications for VGN-AR630E:

Processor
Name : Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T7250
Code Name : Merom
Package : Socket P (478)
Technology : 65 nm Core VID : 1.175 V - 1.275 V
Specification : Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T7250 @ 2.00GHz
Family : 6 Model : F Stepping : D
Ext. Family : 6 Ext. Model : F Revision : M0
Instructions : MMX, SSE (1,2,3,3S), EM64T, VT-x

Motherboard
Manufacturer : Sony Corporation
Model :VAIO
Chipset : Intel PM965 Rev. C0
Southbridge: Intel 82801HBM (ICH8-ME)

BIOS
Brand : Phoenix Technologies LTD
Version : R1050J8
Date : 07/18/2007

Memory
Type : DDR2 Channels # Dual
Size : 2048 MBytes DC Mode : Symmetric

Graphics
Display : NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT
Code Name: G86M Revision : A2
Technology : 80 nm
Clocks
Core : 450 MHz
Shaders : 900 MHz
Memory: 602 MHz
Memory
Size : 256 MBytes
Bus Width : 128 bits
find
quote
#2
Hi,

In addition to unlocked hidden options in BIOS menu, the BIOS can be modify to unlocked EIST. When EIST is unlocked, you can enabled dual-IDA because the Intel PM965 & T7250 support 800MHz FSB, which means 2.20GHz@x11. If you can wait 5 to 7 days more, I can mod it for you.

If you use my modified BIOS image & you like it, please consider making a donation. Thank you very much. Smile
Donate Here
find
quote
#3
Hi,

I can't find the BIOS file anywhere. Please post download link to the BIOS file. Thank you.

If you use my modified BIOS image & you like it, please consider making a donation. Thank you very much. Smile
Donate Here
find
quote
#4
(02-23-2011, 01:02 PM)kizwan Wrote: Hi,

I can't find the BIOS file anywhere. Please post download link to the BIOS file. Thank you.

I have a backup using Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit 2.0.

Here is a link to it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21899186/Phoenix...1050J8.rar

Thank you for all your help.
find
quote
#5
(02-23-2011, 03:32 PM)Kessren Wrote: I have a backup using Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit 2.0.

Here is a link to it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21899186/Phoenix...1050J8.rar

Thank you for all your help.
The BIOS image when obtain this way, is not complete. It missing the platform data. I'll try get the BIOS image from other source.

If you use my modified BIOS image & you like it, please consider making a donation. Thank you very much. Smile
Donate Here
find
quote
#6
(02-23-2011, 07:29 PM)kizwan Wrote:
(02-23-2011, 03:32 PM)Kessren Wrote: I have a backup using Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit 2.0.

Here is a link to it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21899186/Phoenix...1050J8.rar

Thank you for all your help.
The BIOS image when obtain this way, is not complete. It missing the platform data. I'll try get the BIOS image from other source.

What should I use to get the image of the rom?
find
quote
#7
(02-23-2011, 07:46 PM)Kessren Wrote: What should I use to get the image of the rom?
If it is possible, better download the BIOS file from Sony.

Does all AR series notebook use the same BIOS & same BIOS update? You can find modified BIOS file for VGN-AR760U over here. I don't know whether it is compatible with your notebook or not but I found older BIOS for AR670 also R1050J8. Source here & here.

If you use my modified BIOS image & you like it, please consider making a donation. Thank you very much. Smile
Donate Here
find
quote
#8
(02-23-2011, 08:50 PM)kizwan Wrote:
(02-23-2011, 07:46 PM)Kessren Wrote: What should I use to get the image of the rom?
If it is possible, better download the BIOS file from Sony.

Does all AR series notebook use the same BIOS & same BIOS update? You can find modified BIOS file for VGN-AR760U over here. I don't know whether it is compatible with your notebook or not but I found older BIOS for AR670 also R1050J8. Source here & here.

I flashed the BIOS with the one you suggested and it seems to be working. I was able to enable the VT-x support. Thank you very much.
find
quote
#9
(02-23-2011, 10:23 PM)Kessren Wrote: I flashed the BIOS with the one you suggested and it seems to be working. I was able to enable the VT-x support. Thank you very much.
Nice to hear it working for you. Smile Can you take a picture of the new options in BIOS menu? Just two pictures & post it here. Thank you.
BTW, to learn how to enable Dual-IDA using ThrottleStop please visit this page for more information.

If you use my modified BIOS image & you like it, please consider making a donation. Thank you very much. Smile
Donate Here
find
quote
#10
(02-23-2011, 11:15 PM)kizwan Wrote:
(02-23-2011, 10:23 PM)Kessren Wrote: I flashed the BIOS with the one you suggested and it seems to be working. I was able to enable the VT-x support. Thank you very much.
Nice to hear it working for you. Smile Can you take a picture of the new options in BIOS menu? Just two pictures & post it here. Thank you.
BTW, to learn how to enable Dual-IDA using ThrottleStop please visit this page for more information.

Here are some screen shots of the updated BIOS. Thank you for all your help.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
               
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)