Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 68
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424312
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3594
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 258
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 191
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 287
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224194
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119152
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 265
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6771
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 382
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309636
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61948
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 603
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20257
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169215
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6312
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 805
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5774
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61165

Support of Ivy bridge (QM67) in Advantech AIMB-272
#11
(01-12-2016, 11:13 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: There are special mainboards based on QM67 with support Ivy Bridge core. These special mainboards are designed for embedded systems and can boot CPU with "E" index. But your motherboard can't.
In addition: ITX-QM67 don't support Ivy Bridge core:
Quote: Liantec ITX-QM67 series is an industrial Mini-ITX motherboard, features Intel Sandy Bridge Mobile computing platform, supports Intel Socket G2 PGA988 (rPGA988B, FCPGA988) Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, Celeron mobile processors...
It only uses common graphics driver for Ivy Bridge & Sandy Bridge.

Just to clarify, the OP is talking about the motherboard AIMB-272 which has a QM67 chipset. I don't know about ITX-QM67 though.

(01-09-2016, 02:04 PM)JanA Wrote: I'm having problem to find microcode file for 3630QM (CPUID 306A9) CPU. It is not listed here https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?...+Data+File and even when I downloaded that file (microcode-20150121.tgz) it only contains microcode.dat file which contains text data but there is no microcode binary. Do you please know where to download microcode files for my CPU?

You have to further extract the microcode.dat using a tool, I don't remember exactly where I downloaded it but you can just google "how to update microcode" or something. Once you extract it, look through the files with the name cpu_000xxxxx... where xxxxx = CPUID of your CPU. Then just copy (in hex obviously) and insert it into your BIOS rom/bin/etc. and flash.

I also have an AIMB-272 (three in fact), but I have yet to try any BIOS mods. I did however manage to get BCLK control by modding ME FW.
find
quote
#12
This is the tool for extracting microcode.dat - https://www.dropbox.com/s/v624szlx2gdlq5...decode.rar

(Drag and drop .dat file on .exe)
find
quote
#13
(01-15-2016, 01:06 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: No, updating VBIOS and microcode don't help. You need a specific patch for your BIOS as result of large investigation.
Try to write to author of coreboot about a cost.

I am not the OP, however I had a similar question. I have some experience with modding a BIOS (e.g. unlocking menus, VBIOS mods of integrated d/iGPUs, ME FW mods etc.); that being said, specifically what do you mean when you say large investigation? Or, where is a good place to start?

I have a programmer, and three functional AMB-272 mobos, so I am not worried too much about bricking.
find
quote
#14
Hello! Sorry for replying to a clearly dead thread, but have anyone here had any progress since 2016 by any chance?
I happen to have a few Advantech AIMB-272 to test things on and another very similar board: Aaeon EMB-QM67 http://www.aaeon.com/en/p/mini-itx-emb-qm67.
The EMB-QM67 has 2 BIOS versions available to download from that link. 1st version has old microcode supporting only Sandy bridge CPUs. The newest version on the other hand supports Ivy bridge, which I've tested out successfully.
I've tried to use MMtool just to copy CPU microcode update from the EMB-QM67 bios to AIMB-272 bios but had no success in booting AIMB-272 with Ivy bridge with that. So the process is clearly more complicated then just copying chunks of BIOS. Does anyone have any in-depth knowledge of what to possibly do?
I thought that having a BIOS for a very similar board with already applied microcode update should really help.
find
quote
#15
(08-07-2017, 09:17 AM)czen Wrote: The newest version on the other hand supports Ivy bridge, which I've tested out successfully.
Attach TXT report of CPU-Z from these tests.
P.S. Adding new microcode doesn't add support for new CPU.
find
quote
#16
(08-07-2017, 09:31 AM)DeathBringer Wrote:
(08-07-2017, 09:17 AM)czen Wrote: The newest version on the other hand supports Ivy bridge, which I've tested out successfully.
Attach TXT report of CPU-Z from these tests.
P.S. Adding new microcode doesn't add support for new CPU.

Here's a txt report from CPU-z on Aaeon EMB-QM67 with Intel I7-3612QM.
And CPU-z screenshots for convenience.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   

.txt   cpu-z.txt (Size: 40.63 KB / Downloads: 3)
find
quote
#17
Good news! Where I can download BIOS version 4.6.5?

Update:
OK, 4.6.5 = V2.4
I've analysed this BIOS: Ivy Bridge is checked in modules:
CpuDxe
AmiBoardInfo
CpuInitDxe
PchInitDxe
PowerManagement
AmiPpmPolicy
DigitalThermalSensorSmm
Setup
MemoryInit
CpuInitPei

And ME region was updated from 7.0.10.1203 to 8.0.13.1502
I think "the patch" will be too difficult.
find
quote
#18
Oh well, too difficult it is then.
Thank you for investigating!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)