Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 39
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424254
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3568
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 233
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 168
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 261
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224000
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119117
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 242
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6750
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 364
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309584
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61916
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 578
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20232
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169181
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6282
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 779
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5745
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61133

[Test] HP DV6-3131tx Insyde AHCI? (Bricked laptop, any ideas?)
#1
Hi, I was wondering if anyone is able to unlock hidden features such as AHCI in this BIOS.

I have downloaded
"100% sp50942 HP DV6 3071tx NoWhiteList By Camiloml.exe" and that installed just fine, I was wondering if there was a BIOS with AHCI option available and possibly something to enable/disable the switchable graphics cards. If the graphics one isn't an option, I'll stick with AHCI but both would be great if possible.

The BIOS can be found ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50501-51000/sp50942.exe Any help would be great. If I put this in the wrong section I'm sorry.
find
quote
#2
OK so I did a bit more searching of the forums than I did yesterday. It seems I'm out of luck with this crappy BIOS?Sad
find
quote
#3
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...miloml.exe

Look for your desired options under Main -> Diagnostic Log

HDC Configure as (IDE, RAID, AHCI)
Display mode (iGPU, dGPU, Hybrid) "i warn you this one normally don't work after unhide" but maybe this time yes.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#4
(10-19-2011, 07:03 PM)camiloml Wrote: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...miloml.exe

Look for your desired options under Main -> Diagnostic Log

HDC Configure as (IDE, RAID, AHCI)
Display mode (iGPU, dGPU, Hybrid) "i warn you this one normally don't work after unhide" but maybe this time yes.
Sorry for not replying sooner, I've been interstate and only remembered this today. I'll give this a shot shortly and let you know how it goes. Cheers!Big Grin


EDIT: OK now InsydeFlash won't run giving me an error and saying if I run under Windows 7 to run as Administrator. The problem is this worked fine just last week and I have tried running as admin and the problem is still there.

EDIT 2: It's now working. It required a restart for some reason. Installing the BIOS now and will post results shortly.


Alright it all flashed fine and I found the options you mentioned. However, I changed the GPU and now I have no display lol.
find
quote
#5
Try removing CMOS battery Smile

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#6
I did that earlier but it mustn't have been long enough. I left it out for roughly a minute or so but it was the same. I've had it left out for about 5 minutes now and I'll chuck it back in shortly.

At least we know one thing for sure, selecting dGPU was a bad idea. lol


EDIT: Alright I left it out for nearly 10 mins, should I be waiting more?
find
quote
#7
If battery pack was not inserted (the one that feeds the computer when no AC Smile), and AC cord was not plugged, 10 min should be more than enough.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#8
Yep, I realized afterwards that the battery was still plugged in lol. I'll report back after.
find
quote
#9
Alight I left the batteries out for at least an hour and a half and still no dice. I just don't get anything displayed on my laptop screen. I tried connecting it via HDMI to my TV to see if it just wasn't displaying on the laptop but would output to my TV, that didn't do anything either.
find
quote
#10
Then i think the only way is reprogram your bios IC with an external programmer. Read a dump of the bios chip, modify the dGPU setting manually in the dump and then write back to the bios chip. Sad

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)