Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
ASUS R1F CPU upgrade
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 12:22 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 78
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:41 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 100
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15 (8ACNxx...
Last Post: psycomaffo
Yesterday 10:36 AM
» Replies: 69
» Views: 26043
Request for Modded BIOS with AI Tweaker ...
Last Post: CertifiedCosmos
04-17-2024 05:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
Lenovo ThinkCentre M71e GPU Whitelist re...
Last Post: saschalein
04-17-2024 03:23 PM
» Views: 96
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-15ARR (7WC...
Last Post: nadolivbios
04-17-2024 01:26 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 6150
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: sanya.silitskiy
04-17-2024 11:52 AM
» Replies: 73
» Views: 219988
[REQUEST] 13w Yoga Gen 2 (Type 82YR) (KB...
Last Post: SiberianTiger97
04-17-2024 09:48 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 166
Acer Extensa 5620: CPU replace
Last Post: MPM
04-17-2024 08:28 AM
» Views: 151
[REQUEST] Sony Vaio VPCEH & VPCEJ series...
Last Post: nrns
04-16-2024 08:08 PM
» Replies: 232
» Views: 98577
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dudu2002
04-16-2024 02:35 PM
» Replies: 103
» Views: 24042
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
04-16-2024 07:29 AM
» Replies: 847
» Views: 324275
[REQUEST] Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315...
04-16-2024 07:28 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 1000
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad P14s 3rd Gen 1...
04-16-2024 07:26 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 302
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: pashtet440
04-16-2024 06:56 AM
» Views: 149
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
04-14-2024 09:02 AM
» Replies: 1733
» Views: 542284
Dell Latitude 5520 - get to know passwor...
Last Post: yeti1299
04-14-2024 06:48 AM
» Views: 247
[REQUEST]: Asus TP420IA - how to dump bi...
Last Post: quantumx3
04-14-2024 05:34 AM
» Views: 215
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: Nightdemon2001
04-14-2024 01:13 AM
» Replies: 2319
» Views: 656863
[REQUEST] Lenovo B575 (52CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: thepwrtank18
04-13-2024 06:13 PM
» Replies: 56
» Views: 20455

Toshiba Qosmio-X770-135 Bios Mod - Overclock
Hello Everybody!

Sorry for my bad english but i am Brazilian! Well, i have a Toshiba Qosmio X770-135
with i7 2670qm Sandy Bridge processor and NVidia GTX 560M Optimus 3D. I have been reading most of the threads here in the forum to MOD my bios, but didn't find any motherboard similar as mine. So i used Phoenix Mod Tool and save my bios .rom file. Using an hex editor and a Vbios.rom from another notebook i tried to replace it in my original bios. Well everything run just fine, except for the fact that i couldn't flash my bios anyway. Tried ALL programs like amiflash, afudos, winflash, all versions. Sometimes it gives me an error like "invalid flashint.bin" and most of the time "The current system BIOS is the same (or newer) than the version you are trying to flash". Ok, tried all tricks to pass that error but nothing works. So, i think i probably made something wrong when editing my bios.

I need help to Mod my bios for overvolting my Graphic Card (Nvidia GTX 560M) from 0,97 to 1,00 or maximum possible value. I already tried nvflash to just flash my Vbios but it wont recognize my EEPROM. So the only way i found is to mod it from my bios. I will atach both of the files (Original Bios and Modified Bios) . Please, someone help me to Mod my bios for this trick!! Thank's everybody !!

PS: If someone change my Bios Version to a version earlier maybe i can pass the error message "The current system BIOS is the same..." but my focus is to overvolt my GPU with a MOD bios (not Vbios).

http://www.4shared.com/file/wno6fonk/BIOS_ORI.html » original bios

http://www.4shared.com/file/u_nOhUOk/BIOS_MOD.html » modified bios

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/...id=3336716&pf=true » .exe file with my current original bios (version 1.7)
find
I can help you flash your modded bios.

But I will need a link to an older version of your bios.
find
(07-04-2012, 06:57 PM)moral hazard Wrote: I can help you flash your modded bios.

But I will need a link to an older version of your bios.

Hello brother!

Thx for your reply ! I don't understand exactly the reason of your request, because in the post i already uploaded my latest bios from Toshiba's site (that is mine) did you see it? Anyway here is the link of an older version, not the 1.7 but the 1.6:

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/...id=3295809&pf=true

I want to use the 1.7 version moded, because in this version they fixed many bugs.

Thank you very much!
find
In order to flash your modded bios, you must first flash the older version, that I have modded for you (attached to this thread).

So flash this first, then flash your new modded bios.

If you can't flash this bios, let me know the error and I will try to fix it.

All I did was change the version, I may need to change the date as well. But first I need you to test it.

Make sure you know how to recover from a bad bios flash, I don't take any responsibility for anything that happens from using a bios I have modded for you.

Attached Files
.zip   BIOS.zip (Size: 2.33 MB / Downloads: 24)
find
(07-05-2012, 02:20 AM)moral hazard Wrote: In order to flash your modded bios, you must first flash the older version, that I have modded for you (attached to this thread).

So flash this first, then flash your new modded bios.

If you can't flash this bios, let me know the error and I will try to fix it.

All I did was change the version, I may need to change the date as well. But first I need you to test it.

Make sure you know how to recover from a bad bios flash, I don't take any responsibility for anything that happens from using a bios I have modded for you.

Hi Moral Hazard!

Well, sorry for the delay.. But i'm very sad ! I sucessfully flashed YOUR bios and the computer restart's just fine ... Than i tried to flash MY mod bios and ... The bios was flashed well, but when the notebook restarted i have a Black screen, so it Won't boot anymore (nether in the setup screen, just like there is no power in the screen). I know that it's not your fault cause your bios flashed well, it's my [censored] fault ! Now i'm desperate, cause i already tried to clear my cmos, opening the memory slots, removing ram, and tried the jump operation with a wire on the jcmos (short-circuit). But nothing changed. I think the only way is to unplug the cmos battery from laptop, but it's in warranty !! And if i open my notebook i will lost it (i think). Well, could you help me with some solution ? The notebook start's fine with no beep, the fan starts, but nothing on screen (black) nether boot! I just changed the vbios settings on my mod bios ! Thx man ! And i know ... My adventure wasn't good ! Hehehe ;(
find
Sorry to hear about the trouble.

There are some bios recovery options, you may find a guide online for AMI bios recovery.

Here are some examples:
http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=119375.0
find
(07-06-2012, 03:48 AM)moral hazard Wrote: Sorry to hear about the trouble.

There are some bios recovery options, you may find a guide online for AMI bios recovery.

Here are some examples:
http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=119375.0

Ok man ... Thanks for your help.. I have a doubt .. I read your helpful link and there is 2 ways to recover from a bad flash rom .. One for "Ami Bios", and other "For new boards with AMI BIOS core 8 (4MB)". Mine is not 4mb isn't it? So.. my cd drive open normally and since that it's a notebook, i don't have a floppy disk ... Should i substitute this by a external cd drive or usb stick? And, the recovery flash method works in my case that i don't receive any error messages, nether bleeps and nothing on screen? Or it's a waste of time ? Thank you man ! You are being so attencious !
find
Your bios is 4mb.

I would try with a usb stick.

I don't think it's a waste of time, but if you can just get the notebook repaired under warranty then that could be a better way to do so.
find
(07-07-2012, 06:24 AM)moral hazard Wrote: Your bios is 4mb.

I would try with a usb stick.

I don't think it's a waste of time, but if you can just get the notebook repaired under warranty then that could be a better way to do so.

Hello my friend!

Well donee !! Your tricks with recovery flash bios worked for me !! I used a usb stick formatted in fat32, with DOS boot, and i tried soo many combinations of my keyboard since the "ctrl+home" doesn't work ! Soo, i have to press the "fn+b", hold them, plug in the AC energy, and press the power on button together than release the power button ! Than it start's the bios recovery flashing from my USB stick ! Many thanks maan ! You are awesome ! Saved my life ! Hahaha ! Now, if i could ask you something ... Could you help me to increase my Graphic Card voltage moding my Bios? Because i really want to try this, but the last time i tried the things doesn't work good ! Hehehe ! Or if is there something to improve in my bios you could tell me please ?

Thx Moral Hazard ! You helped me so much !

PS: Moding my bios will be of couse my responsibility
find
Hello Again Moral Hazard !

I have modded my bios, and tried to flash it again. Already flash your Bios with the date modified (1.6) and than when i try to flash my new modded bios i receive the error "project ID check fail" .. Could you give me a solution? Thanks my friend !

-» New modded bios

Attached Files
.zip   BIOS_MOD.zip (Size: 2.34 MB / Downloads: 16)
find