Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.64 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
lenovo e531 whitelist remove
Last Post: MANIANA18
Today 07:20 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Last Post: Brutoloco
Today 07:20 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 130
ASUS R1F CPU upgrade
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 12:22 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 105
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15 (8ACNxx...
Last Post: psycomaffo
Yesterday 10:36 AM
» Replies: 69
» Views: 26103
Request for Modded BIOS with AI Tweaker ...
Last Post: CertifiedCosmos
04-17-2024 05:04 PM
» Views: 120
Lenovo ThinkCentre M71e GPU Whitelist re...
Last Post: saschalein
04-17-2024 03:23 PM
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-15ARR (7WC...
Last Post: nadolivbios
04-17-2024 01:26 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 6201
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: sanya.silitskiy
04-17-2024 11:52 AM
» Replies: 73
» Views: 220046
[REQUEST] 13w Yoga Gen 2 (Type 82YR) (KB...
Last Post: SiberianTiger97
04-17-2024 09:48 AM
» Views: 184
Acer Extensa 5620: CPU replace
Last Post: MPM
04-17-2024 08:28 AM
» Views: 168
[REQUEST] Sony Vaio VPCEH & VPCEJ series...
Last Post: nrns
04-16-2024 08:08 PM
» Replies: 232
» Views: 98651
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dudu2002
04-16-2024 02:35 PM
» Replies: 103
» Views: 24090
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
04-16-2024 07:29 AM
» Replies: 847
» Views: 324371
[REQUEST] Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315...
04-16-2024 07:28 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 1009
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad P14s 3rd Gen 1...
04-16-2024 07:26 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 308
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: pashtet440
04-16-2024 06:56 AM
» Views: 161
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
04-14-2024 09:02 AM
» Replies: 1733
» Views: 542324
Dell Latitude 5520 - get to know passwor...
Last Post: yeti1299
04-14-2024 06:48 AM
» Views: 252
[REQUEST]: Asus TP420IA - how to dump bi...
Last Post: quantumx3
04-14-2024 05:34 AM
» Views: 223
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: Nightdemon2001
04-14-2024 01:13 AM
» Replies: 2319
» Views: 656937

(UEFI) Dell XPS 15z L511z modded BIOS - and HOWTO
@follow_me

mmm, so if we replace the isa serial driver with your own, it should enable the shell without the need of running previously commands from a externall shell, right? Smile

so with this way, it should be on a ready to flash form for final user, right? this is what I was looking for ^^

the bad thing is that I dont really like remove stuff to add new stuff, but well, I dont think the isaserial driver will be needed really.

however it should be more interesting get the new modules insert working since we cant remove stuff everytime we need to add something new (as we will be removing usefull stuff after sometime)

oh, I think I found the cause of why it isnt working or flashing.

when I inserted both mod files to the bios structure, they appeared like this (unknown instead drivers)

[Image: fISCIoc.jpg]

it could be phoenix slic tool fault?
find
@kasar
Yes, when I tried this before, it also refused to flash. When looking with Phoenixtool again, everything seemed fine, just a new driver, with proper sections. But still refused to flash. Removing modules entirely does work, though.
find
(05-11-2014, 03:37 PM)kasar Wrote: @follow_me
mmm, so if we replace the isa serial driver with your own, it should enable the shell without the need of running previously commands from a externall shell, right? Smile
Yep , that's what it is Smile

Quote:the bad thing is that I dont really like remove stuff to add new stuff, but well, I dont think the isaserial driver will be needed really.
Me too, but there is no other way for now

Quote:oh, I think I found the cause of why it isnt working or flashing.

when I inserted both mod files to the bios structure, they appeared like this (unknown instead drivers)

What was the original type of the files ?
When I've tried to insert - they was inserted correctly (but I've generated correct pe32 and guid sections for them and after that i've packed as ffs module)
find
sent a PM to theWiz, he fixed the email feature, I confirmed it is working at least for private messages.

oh, and also congrats for your forum rank promote guys , you really deserved it ^^

@brabelbla

mmm, then it may be my phoenix slic tool version,

what version of the tool do you use guys?

I use v2.02

I also tried v2.53 but there are some troubles with this version for me. (it load the bios way faster than previous versions anyway)

@follow_me

well,the files, I was trying to add the files from your previous post

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-UE...6#pid70846

renamed the ffs extension to mod, and tried to insert them via the phoenix slic tool, without success anyway.
find
Hey there! Nice progress you are making here. I, unfortunately have zero to negative spare time to read in detail, so I just skim through.
Remember, that shell was supposed to be called from F10, so perhaps a wise idea would be to add it as a hotkeyed bcfg entry because as the firmware volumes become mapable the shell would have a proper handle in dh dump?

Sent from Huawei 3C using Tapatalk
find
Nice to see you again Smile

(05-11-2014, 11:54 PM)TimeWalker Wrote: that shell was supposed to be called from F10, so perhaps a wise idea
would be to add it as a hotkeyed bcfg entry because as the firmware

I'll take a look at sourcess of bcfg and will add if possible

Quote:volumes become mapable the shell would have a proper handle in dh dump?
I thought that too , but it's not , I don't know why, as far as I understood, currently only devices, drivers and external executables are mapped to handles

@TimeWalker , @kasar , @Brabbelbla
Updated driver with F10 hotkey

.zip   ShellEnablerDxe.efi.zip (Size: 7.12 KB / Downloads: 27)

but take in mind - if you have shell enabled by the previous version - you should either remove boot item using bcfg or clear nvram to apply this one
find
@kasar

I've spent some time on figuring out how to deal with overclocking
some thoughts: according to intel's sourcess (MkhiMsgs.h) it should be set IccOverClocking ME Capabilities bit to enable overclocking feature
then it will be possible to pass a ME message to adjust clocks profile
the bad news is that some part of coding is on PEI modules , which means the only recovery from any mistake is flashing using external programmer, so if we will try to patch this modules , you will have to test them , because, as far as I know only you have "easy reflash" mod

enother thought

@Brabbelbla
Can you please point me how you added "Intel iRST" menu ?
I think we can make our own Hii form and attach it into submenu , and put there some driver's submenus etc ...

@TimeWalker
As far as I know (from insanelymac forum) you are intersested in OS X patches - can you suggest which patches we can embedd into firmware (powermanagement, cpu registers, acpi tables, etc)
find
@follow_me

oh, thanks for the usefull info Smile

do this mean I have to tweak the ME region more?

where that bit is located?

after the initial ME patch I made, I can adjust basic BCLK from windows , for that I took some intel documentation related with ME firmware and made some changes, I think I changed already the most important settings, but may be there something I missed.

oh, and as for testing, yeah, count with me Smile

yeah,I did some hardware recovery mods, so I can be the "cobaya" for our most dangerous experiments ^^

most of this topic that has been my main function in this project, hehe Big Grin

then after I tested the mod and I marked it as working/safe, I will let you guys to know.

edit:

oh, thanks for the updated shell enabler, will try it Smile

I am not really familiarized with bcfg ussage, so I think I will boot the recovery capsule to clear the nvram ^^
find
(05-14-2014, 05:30 AM)kasar Wrote: I am not really familiarized with bcfg ussage, so I think I will boot the recovery capsule to clear the nvram ^^

@kasar
good job with ME patching ! will wait for you test report Smile

Booting capsule will not clear your nvram Smile
you can do it from pflash
pflash /sa /cvar /noflash Dummy.rom
(I whote it from memory, so check pflash usage before )
find
@follow_me

well , I made that long time ago Big Grin

I just followed this guide, and made some minor modifications

http://forum.techinferno.com/general-not...ptops.html

aparently I was the first one getting it working since moral hazzard did not had success.

however, that did not unlocked any other setting than bclk in xtu, and that is just like a minor or basic OC

oh, I though booting the recovery capsule via the recovery mode did a nvram clear.

well, I noticed it at least reset the setup settings to default.

I has been using it since a while everytime I needed to switch defaults after the system refused to boot while messing to unlocked settings from the bios setup.

I will try that Smile

or well, since I have to do some stuff before rebooting the machine, I can try just flashing my latest sucesfull bios mod with the /cvar option from winflash.

cant wait more news from your invests with the overclocking stuff to test Smile

@jkbuha

oh,now I remember you posted in previous posts your also sucesfull BCLK unlock, so you can post in that topic to be added into the first post Smile
find