Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.64 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
Outstanding Сasual Dating - Real Women
Last Post: mcdjkrizantem
Today 10:38 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
[REQUEST] Lenovo B490 (H1ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: sardax
Today 10:03 PM
» Replies: 101
» Views: 31705
Super Сasual Dating - Verified Damsels
Last Post: Mirlabia
Today 10:02 PM
» Views: 16
Exemplary Сasual Dating - Verified Maide...
Last Post: kedalher
Today 09:58 PM
» Views: 13
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H1ETxxWW) BIOS Un...
Last Post: sardax
Today 09:50 PM
» Replies: 23
» Views: 8575
Exemplary Сasual Dating - Real-life Fema...
Last Post: enotar
Today 07:46 PM
» Views: 37
Super Сasual Dating - Authentic Ladies
Last Post: aaronsas
Today 07:08 PM
» Views: 47
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire E1-571(G) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 04:44 PM
» Replies: 127
» Views: 57928
Acer Predator Helios 300 N17C1 G3-572-79...
Last Post: chadreuel
Today 11:39 AM
» Views: 92
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN515-56 BIOS Unl...
Today 07:25 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 887
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
Today 03:52 AM
» Replies: 1972
» Views: 661715
[Request] Acer Aspire Z1620 (h61h aio v1...
Last Post: spingernexx
Yesterday 06:09 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 159
[REQUEST] Lenovo G505 (82CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: khaos
Yesterday 04:15 PM
» Replies: 155
» Views: 55223
Asus Prime b250m plus, RAM compatibility
Last Post: Slayery777
Yesterday 06:23 AM
» Views: 151
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Request Clevo W230...
Last Post: happycrazyman
04-23-2024 03:53 PM
» Views: 128
Rog Strix B650E-F BIOS File Extraction
Last Post: panmetrix24
04-23-2024 11:25 AM
» Views: 144
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Pipo89
04-23-2024 06:47 AM
» Replies: 236
» Views: 69698
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN517-41 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: onetapxdf
04-23-2024 03:37 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 1368
[REQUEST] Lenovo G400S (7BCNxxWW) Whitel...
04-23-2024 03:14 AM
» Replies: 203
» Views: 70643
[REQUEST] Lenovo V570(c) (44CNxxWW) BIOS...
Last Post: d3m3n7r
04-22-2024 05:20 PM
» Replies: 18
» Views: 11189

(UEFI) Dell XPS 15z L511z modded BIOS - and HOWTO
Big Grin

yep, I downloaded the modified QM67 with ivy support and the previous QM67 with just sandy support.

both versions can be downloaded here

http://www.supermicro.com/products/mothe...CV-QV4.cfm

(click on update your BIOS)

R 2.0a is the ivy bios
and
R 1.1a is the sandy bios

I downloaded both of them, and compared them, first I opened the whole file with FITC wich contain all regions
there are so many changes

sandy one contains ME 7.1.40.1161
ivy one contains ME 8.0.3.1427

about the bios parts, I opened they both with phoenix slic tool, and almost everything is different, its hard to find something identical.

I guess if that guy from the forum were right asking it was almost like a QM77 bios

dont know where to start Big Grin
find
Argh... shame I'm not in front of my usual tools! Won't be there until the weekend!

Let me try and help u out....

1) Use MMTool to determine if ME8 contains any new modules (not diff version for now, just pure 'new')
2) Then check what version diffs (if any) are in the ME8 version. There shouldn't be a lot - just different MD5/sizes
3) Plug diffs into our Dell WPH... and cross fingers!
find
mmm, I figured another thing, ME version from that qm67 machine looks bigger than ours , it seems like a 5MB version while we have just the 1,5 mb version

for example, the ME8 wich got dumped from my bro's laptop is a 1,5mb one, so that would be good for us.

another good find.

since I noticed that guy is using a mobile chipset on his nano desktop machine.

I decided to search for desktop machines with mobile chipsets, and voila!

there is one with our hm67 chipset Smile

http://www.piesia.cn/product/1961476826-...ridge.html

and .. also ivy compatible Smile

edit: oh, I didnt knew we also could check modules from ME with out tools, I never edited the ME firmware itself, just the settings from the ME firmware using FITC.

I will investigate more about the ivy hm67 desktop boards with ivy support.

(this makes me also a little angry because this desktop boards with mobile chipsets DOES support ivy, and they force the laptop users to upgreade :/)

there may be some limitation, and it is the flash space, the qm67 board had a 8MB chip, lets hope this hm67 desktop board have a 4MB chip like us. then it will make things easier. ^^

took me some time to find the home page since it is a not really known distributor

http://www.piesia.com/en/productshow.asp...R4ZZSV3W7Y

anyway, I cant see any bios download for this motherboard, dafack? :/
find
Just recived a reply from them after I mailed them....

it looks like the anouncments are wrong

email Wrote:Hello Mr.Juan,

The HM67-3 motherboard with HM67 chipset only support Sandy bridge processor.

Our HM77-3 motherboard with HM77/QM77 chipset that can support both Sandy and Ivy Bridge processors.

Please check the files attached for the HM77-3 motherboard,thanks!

also, no bios attached to the email, only doc and pdf info and schematics.
find
@kasar , goot job
Don't think you are wasting your time , You are not, everything is helpfull for us to figure out how to force our's MB to work at maximum

I think we need to find out how to use bigger chips , according to UEFI specs we need to have All the PEI modules we have in uncompressed state to be located in compile time defined positions on the flash whis means we need to translate internal addresses to adresses with new start offset (in case if we want to usea a bigger ME , it will move start of bios region further)
I think you should try one trick - flash raw dump, padded with zeros, but before you flash, edit ME region to use new flash chip and change all old chip id in code to new ones (from new chip) and try to boot this image
in theory it should work , because all offsets are the same, and flash art id shold be in raw form in all PEI modules (but there can be inverted byte order )
Can you try this ?
find
oh, not sure why I didnt recived email notification at reply at this time

mmm, not sure if I understood, I would need to flash the whole file padded with zeros, like I did, but then I would need to edit the file with the size of the new one. (we tried this before, and it didnt worked) the thing I didnt tried, is to edit the the chip ID in FITC, there are some flash profiles.

up to 6, not sure if I would need to edit the windbond profile with the newest chip, or add another profile with the new chip

also I dont know the exact values I need to add

each profile have this data

Vendor ID 0x??
Device ID 0 0x??
Device ID 1 0x??
VSCC Register Value 0x????????

each profile have different numbers.

not sure wich one I would need to set for my 16MB chip. (W25Q128FVSG)

or the ones corresponding to my default working 4MB chip (W25Q32BVSIG)

other stuff, not sure if anyone interested, but I found a site where I can buy used i7-2960XM CPUs on a working condition!

and it would be only 75 USD or 58€

this is awesome since it is an extreme CPU with unlocked multiplier, and theorically it is the best proccesor we can put in our G2 sockets. (if we dont get access to ivy, anyway I have been reading about ivy extreme proccesors, and the have LOCKED multipliers, so I think I will stay on i7-2960XM one because is the fastest sandy and also have unlocked multiplier Smile )

usefull to test out unlocked BIOSES and modify the multiplier.

aparently they sell more, so, if someone else is interested on getting them to, let me know Smile

I noticed someone got a working extreme edition CPU in the L702X laptop, however, I may need to order also a better ac-dc adapter since the extreme CPU have a TDP of 55w, instead the 45w from non extreme i7, or the 35W from i3 or i5

also cooling may need some tweaking in order to support that beast Wink
find
@kasar
sorry for messing up sequence

it is followming
open image in fitc
set flash part to a new one (there was predefined W25Q128FV somewhere in imeges, can't remember which image it was)

replace hex sequnce for device id in bios region

build image
pad with zeros , flash to device

(09-19-2014, 05:14 PM)kasar Wrote: Vendor ID 0x??
Device ID 0 0x??
Device ID 1 0x??

vendor id is the same as it was
manufacturer id - EF (same )
device id w25q128fv - 4018
device id w25q32bv - 4016
find
Morning all - Having returned back to my trusty 15z today I have updated the latest modded L511z BIOS on the first page with the following changes:

- New vanilla v2170 Intel vBIOS; should be working with all variants of L511z but *THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES THAT THIS WILL WORK ON YOUR 15z!*
- Updated Intel Microcode to latest 0x29
- Thanks to an inspiration by @Florin9doi I have also replaced the Network PXE Boot ROM with the much better & more flexible PLOP BOOT ROM. This will also allow 15z users to network boot with our Atheros adaptor as the respective vendor & device IDs have been updated.

Now a quick update on the other work in progress:
- I am still experimenting to determine if we can unlock the multiplier without having to replace the CPU.
- As per @follow_me's comments, we should be able to patch some of the SCT 2.31 modules into our 2.00 BIOS. The initial work I had done needs to be updated, and importantly I need to remember what had been done a couple of years back...
- @kasar I'll try and help you on creating the new image for the larger Winbond chips except that I don't have any ones myself so it will be just theory...

Anyone who tries out the new modded BIOS please let me have some feedback. It works perfectly on mine but I just want to make sure it does for everyone else.

Thanks
jkbuha
find
srry for not reply before, I have been a little busy at this weekend with the japanweekend event in madrid, I'm a big fan of those events hehe ^^

ok, I see, so aparently, to switch from chips, is easy, just is needed to be changed

[Image: cOniBsn.jpg]

should I also change this setting to 16MB?

[Image: kUhtbjL.jpg]
or should I just leave it as it is and fill manually the image with FF until I get the 16mb size?

after confirm this, I will procees to flash it ^_^

jkbuha

I also want to replicate those changes in my L502X and maybe the L702X.

I think I may be able to do the microcode and vbios update since I already did it, I may be able to do if I pick your modded BIOS and copy the stuff from there (anyway, if you can send me the microcode file and vbios itself, I would be happy since it would make things way easier Smile ), but not sure how to do the PXE Boot ROM to PLOP BOOT ROM

about the multiplier change, I think it is only posible with unlocked CPU, because it is hardware limited, it is a limitation set in the CPU.
if you want to mess with the multipliers, why dont you pick that extreme CPU for 70€ like I am going to do? Big Grin
well, not sure if the 15Z have a G2 socket like the L502X have, I found pretty easy to upgreade the CPU in the L502X, however, not sure if in the 15z the CPU is soldered to the motherboard that would be a problem, and you would need expensive tools to unsoder and soldering the new proccesor.

also, in the case you desolder the proccesor, instead directly soldering a new one, I would install a G2 socket, it would make upgreades and proccesor change way easier, since I installed the BIOS socket, I became a big friend of the sockets, hehe ^^
find
Yeah I went to the same Japan Weekend in London a few weeks ago, good fun =D

So, here you go:

1) Microcode update is attached - very easy to do; follow my steps in the first post
2) VBios is attached (2920FC62-). You may need to patch the ports for the L502x, but it worked for all ports in its unlatched form for the L511z.
3) Plop is attached as well (AD13024C-). You need to replace the module just as we do with all the others, but modify the deviceid & vendorid for your own ethernet card to enable network boot. For more instructions go to http://www.plop.at/en/bootmanager/rom.html

Yes I do have a soldered CPU, which I was planning to try and desolder until @follow_me convinced me that it was a bad idea Smile Still the G2 socket sounds like a good idea, though I'd need to check I have enough headroom between board and cover (the Dell z-series only have ~10mm spacing, to try and keep them thinner) but I'll see what I can find.

Attached Files
.rom   AD13024C-E466-4880-BF34-DF8112B588F3_1465.ROM (Size: 43.5 KB / Downloads: 6)
.bin   cpu000206a7_plat00000012_ver00000029_date20130612.bin (Size: 10 KB / Downloads: 3)
.rom   29206FC2-9EAB-4612-ACA1-1E3D098FB1B3_1449.ROM (Size: 64 KB / Downloads: 2)
find