Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.64 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108037
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1314
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9214
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8765
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14359
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425647
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3844
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 534
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 332
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 724
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227589
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119718
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6999
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 621
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310591
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62224

(UEFI) Dell XPS 15z L511z modded BIOS - and HOWTO
This just created another layer of confusion. lol
Thank you for clarifying anyway. I don't quiet get how one is supposed to disassemble the module into UEFI IFR ?
I have found a list of UEFI IFR operators, but I guess there must a way to disasm it right away... so far I only found a python script to do this for InsydeH2O.

Also, I have found that Lenovo B570 uses similar Phoenix Secure Core Tiano UEFI: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/download...D=DS025905
The advanced setup module has a GUID of CFEF94C4-4167-466A-8893-8779459DFA86_1_930
The same HEX string (0A 82 45 8A 01) can be found in the module, it has lots of occurrences . 45 0A 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 45 0A can be found as well.
I know for a fact that this laptop has had UEFI mode and some other options like Shell unlocked from the factory, but unfortunately I don't have an access to one of these anymore...
What we could use is find someone with this machine an see what they have enabled by default since our BIOSes are somewhat similar (same Tiano compression used)
find
quote
gave a read to the another topic

and I modified

00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 45 0A to 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 45 0A to enable these options. (three ocurrences)

and sucesfully unlocked two more menus, the third ocurrence made the intel me option selectable (before modify the third ocurrence it was grey out and unselectable)

[Image: dsc0069lu.jpg]
[Image: dsc0071zg.jpg]
[Image: dsc0072fgs.jpg]

I cant really belive this huge progress you are doing guys ^^


here is the total amount of strings I modified at the advanced setup module:

00 29 02 29 02 0A 82 45 8A (00) to -> 00 29 02 29 02 0A 82 45 8A (01) (two ocurrences )

00 20 00 29 02 0A 82 45 8A (00) to -> 00 20 00 29 02 0A 82 45 8A (01) (one ocurrence)

(00) 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 45 0A to -> (01) 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 45 0A (three ocurrences)
find
quote
I wonder if we can ever run out of space for menus like on regular BIOSes Smile

Thanks for confirming, kasar
Have you tried changing bytes in the 4th occurrence that I had mentioned ? while looking for 45 0A 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 45 0A
Or you get just 3 on your L502x's Advanced Setup module ?

P.S. Now I'm absolutely positive about UEFI mode and booting from GPT... take a look, Hackintoshers Smile
http://puu.sh/1a6b4
http://puu.sh/1a6bR
GPT-formatted USB flashdrive's EFI partition (which I assume is FAT32) CLOVERX64.efi renamed /EFI/bootx64.efi since UEFI is looking for this file.
I guess with access to a proper shell bcfg there might be a way to create additional boot option for F12 menu.
find
quote
Yes kasar that confirms what I also did earlier.

To summarize all the hacks so far, they are in fact just two, and they are as follows:

In advancedsetup efi module
1) Replace all 02 0A 82 45 8A (00) to (01)
2) Replace all (00) 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 45 0A to (01)

There's also another module to modify if you look for the byte sequence in all your BIOS ROM files... it's the security module if you're interested in all the TPM options.
find
quote
hi i found some code on my dell n5110 may be the one we search

26303: 29 02 sub %eax,(%edx)
26305: 29 02 sub %eax,(%edx)
26307: 0a 82 45 0a 01 00 or 0x10a45(%edx),%al
2630d: 00 00 add %al,(%eax)
2630f: 00 00 add %al,(%eax)
26311: 00 00 add %al,(%eax)
26313: 19 82 12 06 0d 00 sbb %eax,0xd0612(%edx)
find
quote
@TimeWalker

well, In my case, I modified all the ocurrences I had.
that was the thing wich game me more results ^^

the more I modified the more unlocked stuff (:

I didnt had any negative effects while modifing those ocurrences.

the only thing wich worried me was to flash flash, flash and flash.

everytime I flash a new bios I become really worried about the lappy dont boot anymore Big Grin

we need to get the recovery method working! Big Grin

else my head will explode sooner or later hehe ^^


Quote:There's also another module to modify if you look for the byte sequence in all your BIOS ROM files... it's the security module if you're interested in all the TPM options.

can you tell me more about that? Big Grin

I'm also wondering if is posible to unlock the computrace thing so you can enable and disable it all times you want ^^
find
quote
I haven't modded & flashed it yet, but it's the security module to enable all the TPM/Computrace options. Enable it by applying the rules I set above in my previous post.

I don't really need that module enabled for now, (I'm trying to open the overclocking/volting options at the moment) but I'm pretty sure there will be others here who need it.

(09-30-2012, 01:08 PM)Mohamed Khairy Wrote: hi i found some code on my dell n5110 may be the one we search

26303: 29 02 sub %eax,(%edx)
26305: 29 02 sub %eax,(%edx)
26307: 0a 82 45 0a 01 00 or 0x10a45(%edx),%al
2630d: 00 00 add %al,(%eax)
2630f: 00 00 add %al,(%eax)
26311: 00 00 add %al,(%eax)
26313: 19 82 12 06 0d 00 sbb %eax,0xd0612(%edx)

hi mohamed - the code is not x86, but UEFI IFR form decoding, which unfortunately we need to do manually, not through any tool. Here is the spec:

Code:
0A == EFI_IFR_SUPPRESS_IF_OP//{---+
    82:1:0000010 L2  // Scope         |
                                      |
    45 == EFI_IFR_UINT64_OP// {---+   |
    8A:1:0001010 L10 // Scope     |   |
    0000000000000000              |   | 0000000000000001 !! new value !!
    45 == EFI_IFR_UINT64_OP       |   |
    0A:0:0001010 L10 // Scope     |   |
    0000000000000000              |   |

That's why we need a 0A 82 45 8A (00) sequence. It's very strange that your BIOS doesn't have this - I need to research what the 0A opcode is.

Just out of interest, do you have many sequences with 0A 82 45 0A 00?
find
quote
@ jkbuha

UEFI IFR spec says: EFI_IFR_SUPPRESS_IF_OP: UINT64 0000000000000000

how did you find this code ?
find
quote
@jkbudha

nope, I dont have any 0A 82 45 0A 00 secuence now.


all of them are now to 0A 82 45 0A 01 and everything seems to works fine now ^^


how we can know we unlocked all menus?

I'm kinda curius because my bios is full of new options , and I dont even know what some of them does hehe

the computrace option unlock seems also interesting for me.

can you give me a clue about the the module file size in kb or what is the module name? I guess it is something.efi


as for the moment I made some text replacement at some bios title file (156 kb), and also some tweaks to gpu vbios files (64 kb) and the advanced setup file (278 kb)
find
quote
(09-30-2012, 01:34 PM)jkbuha Wrote: I haven't modded & flashed it yet, but it's the security module to enable all the TPM/Computrace options. Enable it by applying the rules I set above in my previous post.

I don't really need that module enabled for now, (I'm trying to open the overclocking/volting options at the moment) but I'm pretty sure there will be others here who need it.

(09-30-2012, 01:08 PM)Mohamed Khairy Wrote: hi i found some code on my dell n5110 may be the one we search

26303: 29 02 sub %eax,(%edx)
26305: 29 02 sub %eax,(%edx)
26307: 0a 82 45 0a 01 00 or 0x10a45(%edx),%al
2630d: 00 00 add %al,(%eax)
2630f: 00 00 add %al,(%eax)
26311: 00 00 add %al,(%eax)
26313: 19 82 12 06 0d 00 sbb %eax,0xd0612(%edx)

hi mohamed - the code is not x86, but UEFI IFR form decoding, which unfortunately we need to do manually, not through any tool. Here is the spec:

Code:
0A == EFI_IFR_SUPPRESS_IF_OP//{---+
82:1:0000010 L2 // Scope |
|
45 == EFI_IFR_UINT64_OP// {---+ |
8A:1:0001010 L10 // Scope | |
0000000000000000 | | 0000000000000001 !! new value !!
45 == EFI_IFR_UINT64_OP | |
0A:0:0001010 L10 // Scope | |
0000000000000000 | |

That's why we need a 0A 82 45 8A (00) sequence. It's very strange that your BIOS doesn't have this - I need to research what the 0A opcode is.

Just out of interest, do you have many sequences with 0A 82 45 0A 00?

nothing Sad

till now the code i posted like what are you patching will try to dump it again and search throw code for binary like you patch or parts like yours
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 38 Guest(s)