Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.64 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: awesomeguy
Today 04:27 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 80
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Today 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 101440
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Today 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 512
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 2867
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 7254
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6972
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14327
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 240
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425360
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3827
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 516
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 321
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 540
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227252
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119462
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 381
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6986
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 607
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310481
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62212

(UEFI) Dell XPS 15z L511z modded BIOS - and HOWTO
#71
(01-27-2012, 10:11 PM)kasar Wrote: of course we are!
(or at least I am still interested hehe ^_^)


heyyyy Ahmed hope you did well in your exams! Importantly they're all over now!

As kasar said, of course we're still interested in the mods - let me know when you have something to test Smile

Cheers
jkbuha
find
quote
#72
yeah, I also hope your exams went fine Smile

what are the chances of getting CPU OC features by modding the BIOS?

xps 15 (l502x) and xps 15z uses second generation sandy bridge proccesors, and I heard OC mobile versions of those proccesors is hard.

however I heard there is a small chance of overclocking the BCLK, that will be minor OC but would be interesting anyway.
find
quote
#73
Thank you all Smile

I have started the disassembly of the setup module today and i have reached few results and i hope its correct Smile
try this modified bios and see if any menu has disappeared or any thing had changed in the setup utility :-

http://www.mediafire.com/?sacgwaqajw13l6n

its based on the 550M mod in first post .

and here is link to the setup module and the CRISIS RECOVERY module Big Grin
i haven`t started disassembling the crisis module but thought that any one can help in this Smile

http://www.mediafire.com/?22uu2n0rpuyx6ka
And please notice that this bios may brick the setup utility Smile
there will be alot of mods to reach our final aim Big Grin


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote
#74
whoah, that was fast, as I can see your reputation is well known for a reason Big Grin

this bios, is it for the 15z? or for the l502x?

also, as soon we get the recovery process working, I will start flashing mad tests

edit: oh, since you said it is based for the 550 one I supose it will be the 15z version, so all I can do is wait for the user feedback/pictures ^^

what changes did you made then?

and how I can implement them at the l502x bios version?
find
quote
#75
upload the bios file for the l502x and i will see if it can be modified .

all the changes is that i have deleted what i think its a menus ........... if you see the menu is deleted then i`m on the right way and i`m in the routine where menus are initialized but if you didn`t notice changes or noticed changes other deleting one menu then i`m wrong in my assumption .

the recovery here is only the module not the process or the method as i haven`t checked this .


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote
#76
yep, I knew that was just the module, Its just that everytime I flash something at the bios without a recovery method avalible my hearth get socked ^^

http://www.mediafire.com/?aqe27y8ycgm66x3

here you go, this is the version I modded (just added a little text at the phoenix bios setup top, and modified the vbios)
find
quote
#77
(01-28-2012, 06:46 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: all the changes is that i have deleted what i think its a menus ........... if you see the menu is deleted then i`m on the right way and i`m in the routine where menus are initialized but if you didn`t notice changes or noticed changes other deleting one menu then i`m wrong in my assumption .

the recovery here is only the module not the process or the method as i haven`t checked this .

Hey all - sorry for delay as was flying back home this morning.

NICE WORK AHMED! The Advanced Menu is no longer showing in the new BIOS, as predicted by yourself! So you're on the right track.

I've disassembled the C494... module and noticed that the only changes you made were to insert 90 90s (NOPs) into 6 bytes. Great work - you're definitely in the right routine.

Looking forward to unlocking the real interesting menus now Smile

Should I start doing anything with regards to the other recovery module you attached?

Cheers
jkbuha

find
quote
#78
I'm very happy that I'm in the correct routine now: D: D
This saves a lot of time checking other 8 routines that i suspect but this was the most suspicious one: )
Now I'm gonna check how to knew this is amenu and how to trace it till reaching the routine hiding it.

And yes i have nopped the menu bytes sothat it disappears as the bios don't read the menu and then i knew that I'm in the right place and focus in this routine.
Also can you tell me how many menus are there in the original bios!
I will upload another mod soon.

@Kasar: i will check your bios now and if it has the same structure, i will unlock it but if its different, i will wait till i finish unlocking the other bios sothat i could focus on one structure to unlock it fast.


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote
#79
(01-29-2012, 05:37 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: I'm very happy that I'm in the correct routine now: D: D
This saves a lot of time checking other 8 routines that i suspect but this was the most suspicious one: )
Now I'm gonna check how to knew this is amenu and how to trace it till reaching the routine hiding it.

And yes i have nopped the menu bytes sothat it disappears as the bios don't read the menu and then i knew that I'm in the right place and focus in this routine.
Also can you tell me how many menus are there in the original bios!
I will upload another mod soon.

@Kasar: i will check your bios now and if it has the same structure, i will unlock it but if its different, i will wait till i finish unlocking the other bios sothat i could focus on one structure to unlock it fast.

I think the original menu structure was as follows:

Main Advanced Power Security Exit

@Kasar - I'm assuming your menu is exactly the same to the 15z. Could you double check your BIOS main headings and report back? With Ahmed's modded bios I'm missing the Advanced menu but I want to make sure there was nothing else before Smile

cheers
jkbuha

find
quote
#80
I think the bios escruture should be almost identical on both computers

as for the menus, you can use some screenshots I made some time ago

[Image: bios1r.jpg]
[Image: bios2ui.jpg]
[Image: bios3p.jpg]
[Image: bios4l.jpg]
[Image: bios5.jpg]

those are from the original a06 bios, but I dont think the new a09 bios will have newer menus/options
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 37 Guest(s)