Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.64 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 806
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108089
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1316
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3544
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9220
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8771
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14370
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425676
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3848
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 538
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 726
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227723
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119727
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 391
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7003
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 627
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310636
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62234

(UEFI) Dell XPS 15z L511z modded BIOS - and HOWTO
well, to be honest I am more happy about the machine still alive than the unlock xD

after desoldering/soldering chips , wires, conectors, and doing a lot of stuff to the motherboard I expected a cute brick as result Big Grin

someone else up to try the programer stuff?

as I can see it was the only way of get the descriptor settings unlocked Sad
find
quote
I doubt it will brick .. even if it will, you have your entire dump sitting at hand Smile
[Image: 1r7UR]
Note the ME versioning and the CPU model in the right top corner. This alone proves it's possible to run SNB CPU with v8 ME

I'm not sure which file .. you have the fptx64 utility of the corresponding version so I assumed you had the ME as well. You were trying to flash and it gave you the host access error which in hand started all that unlocking hassle Smile
I have one from Asus Maximus V Extreme .. and that's the one I've integrated into your dump. But i'm not sure it's supposed to be used on mobile platforms. I guess you can since platform (firmware) features are defined in SMBIOS, so it will only use appropriate parts of ME. The size is also a perfect fit ..
http://www.mediafire.com/?lyt1lzl8c1c7ytz
find
quote
arrgg, desoldering and soldering the chip plus the laptop take appart at that level is a thing I dont want to do more than once.

I miss now my CDrom recovery method, but it seems it got old now Big Grin


well, I will do it anyway ^^

ME firmware 8.0, here I come! Big Grin

[Image: unlocked3.png]

definitly I got access now, I sucesfully backed up the me Smile

now lets flash it Smile
find
quote
I'm a moron ... uploaded a wrong file.
Here is the proper upload: http://www.mediafire.com/?fzt9vk651nrpvj4
ME v8 along with the update utility of the corresponding version 8.1.0.1248.

FWUpdLcl.exe -f Data.bin -allowsv
find
quote
hehe, you are just in time, i was about to flash it ^^


thanks for the fast correction ^^

[Image: unlocked4.png]


Sad

well, I will try with the 7.0 flasher version

mmm

this is kinda worring

[Image: unlocked5.png]

is safe to proceed?
find
quote
That's what I get when I try to run it.
"Error 8727: Firmware update tool failed to get the firmware parameters"
So it has to do with versions going from 7 to 8. It says you have to be on v8 already to update to v8.1 .. so it's a good practice to look for a firmware 8.0 which supposedly should allow upgrading from 7 to 8.0 .. if it doesn't by windows utility then we can try using WinFlash to update the ME region ..

These are the 8Kb I was talking about, the region itself is 8Kb bigger than the actual firmware.
So 8kb of the region remain filled with FFs. I guess you could add 8kb (8192 bytes) of FFs to the firmware file Big Grin
find
quote
I got that error when I opened it with the tools 8.1 version

however the tools from 7.0 works fine with the current firmware.
find
quote
17D000h -> 17F000h (added 2000h bytes of empty data)
http://www.mediafire.com/?cyhe654imrm6tjl
See if this will clear the truncation warning.
find
quote
oops, it flashed it without any warning :o

[Image: unlocked6.png]

should I reboot the machine now? ^^
find
quote
like you have any other option Big Grin
open up MEInfoWin and see what it has to say now. If it will correctly identify FW Version as 8.1. then all should be safe and sound.
make note on FW features as well.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 27 Guest(s)