Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6358
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14009
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 110
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424483
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3625
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 290
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 211
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 314
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224592
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 277
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6791
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 415
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309742
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61969
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20282
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169349
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6354
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 832

[URGENT] HP DV6-6016TX - Insyde BIOS - Could not flash from USB
#1
Hello Experts,

I am trying to upgrade my HP Pavillion Laptop Insyde BIOS.
Reason for upgrade is, I suspect my BIOS is affected by some kind of virus which prevents booting into Windows in any mode. However, Linux will boot from USB and runs fine. Ran all kind of tests on HDD and memory modules and everything seem to be working fine. That leaves with only option of upgrading the BIOS.

I have downloaded the BIOS upgrade file from HP website (link below):
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softw...5&sw_lang=

My Current BIOS Version is: F.1A
New BIOS Version: F.1B


With the downloaded sp55068.exe file, I followed the instructions from the link below:
http://www.bios-mods.com/bios-recovery/i...-recovery/

When I extracted the EXE file, I had 01658.Bin along with some other files. However, I didn't have the *.sig file and I am not sure if this is RSA signed. I placed the bin file in Previous/Current/New folders and tried starting the system using the "Win+B" and power key procedure. It didn't seem to do anything, screen is blank but the system power is on. It didn't upgrade the bios definitely as I can see from the system restart, it is still showing the old version. And one additional information is, I have the HP_TOOLS partition in my HDD intact and the BIOS Rollback option from System Diagnostics options didn't work as well.

Please help me upgrade my bios, my system has been dead for more than a month now. Trying every possibility to resurrect it, my last hope is this bios upgrade.

Thanks in advance,
Deepak
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)