Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 106
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424450
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3619
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 281
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 206
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 307
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224510
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119170
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 274
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6788
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 407
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309718
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61964
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 624
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20279
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169314
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6350
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 827
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61202

Unlock BIOS GA-MA770T-UD3P
#1
I have Athlon II X3 425 + GA-MA770T-UD3P. As known, this motherboard has south bridge SB710 and allow unlock cpu cores and L3 cache. I've changed necessary settings in BIOS and now in POST bios recognize cpu as Phenom II X4 B10, but when Windows 7 begin start, computer crushed. The last version of BIOS is F5 and it has menu "Control Core 2" and "Core Control 3", so I can temporary disable first and second cpu cores. I disable both cores but cpu became Phenom II X2 525. Then I've analyzed BIOS file using Modbin and found locked menu "Control Core 4" and "Core Control 5". I unlocked them, but after reboot comp write "MAIN BIOS checksum error" and start to copy BIOS from DualBIOS. It's help me out of trouble. DualBIOS - great thing! I've tried various versions of Modbin, all of them do incorrect BIOS checksum. I've tried also various versions of CBROM and found version, that do right checksum after I unpacked and packed back any BIOS module. Now AwardMod Tool and other utilities write that all checksum are right. But BIOS write again "MAIN BIOS checksum error". Which checksum is need for BIOS else? Thank you.
find
quote
#2
I think the checksum error depends on how you flash the bios. Are you flashing from DOS or Windows beause its recommend to flash from DOS.

Also , theres an extra switch you add onto the flashing command to ignore checksums. Il have a dig around and see if i can find out what it is , unless someone beats me to it!

Admin
find
quote
#3
I flash from DOS using FlashSPI from Gigabyte. After FlashSPI finish to flash BIOS, it write that operation succesfully finished. And the checksum error write after reboot, when bootblock is activate. There is something in my modified BIOS that bootblock don't like Smile According to all articles that I've read about the BIOS structure last time, Award BIOS 6 has only 2 checksums. First of them control right structure of the main block of the BIOS and it's byte is in the end of main block. Second checksum control right structure of packed elements of BIOS and it's byte is in the end of all packed elements. If bootblock write "MAIN BIOS checksum error", I mean the trouble is in the first checksum. I can write simple program using Pascal and check this. I've read that all bytes in the main block are summed up (including the last byte) and then this sum is divivded to FFh. The remainder must be equal zero. Is it right or now?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)