Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 813
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108111
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1318
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3545
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9224
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8774
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14374
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 253
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425701
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3850
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 542
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 336
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 730
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227802
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119732
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 392
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7006
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 630
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310657
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62242

Unlock Clevo W150HRM
#11
Hopeful bump Smile
find
quote
#12
Another bump Smile
I'd also be willing to do this myself if I was able to get ahold of the proper tools to replace modules. MMtool fails, AMIBCP seems to be the wrong version and AMI-Tool only allows simple SLIC insertion. Maybe I should go digging for some assistance w/Mavke?
find
quote
#13
Download MMtool and AMIBCP here:
http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-UP...ptio-Tools


Those versions work.
find
quote
#14
Ok. Had some scares today with this but it's all sorted out.

The .9125 vbios worked perfectly right off, but with the additional voltage/clock rate I was running into thermal problems.
I went to disable hyperthreading (running a 2630qm) and the laptop would not post.


Popped out the bios battery to reset defaults.
That got me booting, but the "default" bootable devices (ALL OF THEM) were set to SATA ODD, which I don't have.
The boot device selector would only present the BIOS as an option and no matter what I did, the only option I had to save my [censored] was a SATA ODD.

I yanked one from a SFF PC at work, created a dos-bootable cdrom and flashed the Clevo 1.09 bios, restoring the options for other bootable devices, then re-flashed this modded/vmodded bios and was booting to Windows again.


I'm posting to you on my W150HR right this moment... there were times today I didn't think that was going to happen.


Without further hullabaloo, here is the BIOS:
http://www.mediafire.com/?t33kz9h7ehauqro
find
quote
#15
Well done Smile
May I ask, what was the name of the vbios module?

And what steps did you take to extract the vbios and then reintegrate it into the bios?
find
quote
#16
I got to cheat a bit since someone else already extracted and modified the vbios. I was able to look at the extracted vbios in nibitor and obtain the device ID of 0DCE.
I then loaded the mod'd bios in AMIBCP and saved as a rom (not sure if that was necessary but I did it)
Then I loaded the rom into MMtool and began looking through the modules. I found some of similar size but differing device ID's. To be on the safe side I would extract the module and attempt to load it in nibitor to see what device ID/etc was found. Since there was only going to be 1 nvidia vbios on there I figured I could try every module til I was successful. After a few stabs I realized that would take me forever and happened to see the "for Option Rom only" section and found a "link ID" that looked similar to the device ID nibitor was showing. I extracted that, loaded it into nibitor and found that it was the vbios.
I took the rom that I found on the mvktech site and used mmtool to replace that option rom, flashed. Booted into windows & used evga precision to confirm the increased voltage.
I really wish I could disable hyperthreading and OC my ram. I haven't overclocked SB before but I thought I would be able to control the RAM speed independently of the bclk like you can with every other platform. Either I don't understand the overclocking tools in the BIOS, or the RAM OC control is still hidden or just plain not there.
find
quote
#17
hi eskaryo may i ask step by step for newbies how did u flash the bios? if u did with usb stick i wanna know how, if u did on cdrom i still wanna know how, im very new at bios category and i wanna go safely.

also ur pc is with 17.3 inch screen ?? or the 15.6 version one
find
quote
#18
(03-28-2012, 10:29 AM)mitsaras Wrote: hi eskaryo may i ask step by step for newbies how did u flash the bios? if u did with usb stick i wanna know how, if u did on cdrom i still wanna know how, im very new at bios category and i wanna go safely.

also ur pc is with 17.3 inch screen ?? or the 15.6 version one

the W150 is the 15" version. If you have the W170 I would urge you not to use this bios file.

I have a USB stick here that I created a few years ago that is dos bootable that I loaded afudos and the bios on to. You'll have to google dos bootable usb to get the proper files and create it. Don't forget to throw afudos and this image file on there.

Once you have it on that usb stick, power up the laptop & press f7 for the boot options menu. Select the USB device and let it boot.

Now you need to flash the bios. Make sure the laptop is plugged in for this.

AFUDOS.exe /p /b /n /shutdown

Then, you should be set!
find
quote
#19
thanks a lot i did try ur bios and its working perfectly working gpu at 750Mhz stable
find
quote
#20
Does this modded bios add the option to disable the IGP? I am not interested in overclocking my geforce gt555m, I just want to bypass optimus/internal graphics and ONLY run on the nvidia card. Is that option available with this?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)