Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Acer AN515-46 3070ti BIOS Modding Reques...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14007
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 110
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424482
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3624
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 290
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 211
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 313
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224587
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 277
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6791
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 415
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309742
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61969
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20281
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169348
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6354
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 831

Unlock HP DM1-4050US for AHCI
#1
Hey camiloml,

Can you please take a look at this for me. I'm trying to install Mac OS X on this and the locked BIOS is driving me crazy. HP is evil for locking this stuff down!

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54501-55000/sp54925.exe
BIOS Screenshot: Attached

I'm not 100% sure if this is RSA signed (probably is). Let me know if you can help out. I would be happy to provide feedback.

Thanks!
-Jamie


Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_20111219_194616.jpg (Size: 300.07 KB / Downloads: 6)
find
quote
#2
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...miloml.exe

I wait your news Wink

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#3
camiloml,

It bricked the system, blinking caps lock key. I'm attempting to restore the original bios now.

-Jamie
camiloml,

Can you please build a recovery BIOS for me? I can't seem to find one.

Thanks,
Jamie
find
quote
#4
Having any luck so far? I have the exact same model though I'm only interested in getting the wlan whitelist taken care of. Sorry if this counts as threadjacking, but I've taken a keen interest as I figured getting any kind of bios mod successfully working on this model to begin with would be a good sign before I submit my request.
find
quote
#5
http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-MU...-IMPORTANT

Updated with this bios recovery files Wink Good luck Wink

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#6
Interested in hearing progress on this Bios hack re the HP whitelist.

Thanks.

find
quote
#7
Dear Spinifex and Camiloml,

Did this hack work? Cause then i will try this with my DM1-4020SD.
Also, does someone know, if it is possible to change the boot location of the quickweb button?

Greetz,
kirelam
find
quote
#8
(07-08-2013, 02:22 AM)kirelam Wrote: Dear Spinifex and Camiloml,

Did this hack work? Cause then i will try this with my DM1-4020SD.
Also, does someone know, if it is possible to change the boot location of the quickweb button?

Greetz,
kirelam

Hi Kirelam.

I've not tried it yet. I was hoping for more feedback in the forum.

I would like several bios mods on the DM1. I can't believe what HP has done to it. No after market hardware works on this laptop. Nothing. No intel wireless chips, no SSD pcie chips, no other Broadcom chips, not even a HD accelerator which is Broadcom. This laptop is completely hamstrung for any after market upgrade. It sucks.

I'll never buy a HP again. And I'd dissuade anyone else from ever trying out their products either.

I'd love to hear how you go with the bios mod though. Let me know. I do want to try it but the DM1 in question is currently in active use by my wife so I can't muck around with it.

Peter

find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)