Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
Supreme Сasual Dating - Authentic Maiden...
Last Post: Hajetan
Today 06:01 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
[REQUEST] Thinkpad T14S G3 AMD (Type 21C...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 04:37 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 48
[REQUEST] Lenovo B490 (H1ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: sardax
Yesterday 10:03 PM
» Replies: 101
» Views: 31793
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire E1-571(G) BIOS Unl...
Yesterday 04:44 PM
» Replies: 127
» Views: 57969
Acer Predator Helios 300 N17C1 G3-572-79...
Last Post: chadreuel
Yesterday 11:39 AM
» Views: 114
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN515-56 BIOS Unl...
Yesterday 07:25 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 890
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
Yesterday 03:52 AM
» Replies: 1972
» Views: 661926
[Request] Acer Aspire Z1620 (h61h aio v1...
Last Post: spingernexx
04-24-2024 06:09 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 173
[REQUEST] Lenovo G505 (82CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: khaos
04-24-2024 04:15 PM
» Replies: 155
» Views: 55294
Asus Prime b250m plus, RAM compatibility
Last Post: Slayery777
04-24-2024 06:23 AM
» Views: 155
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Request Clevo W230...
Last Post: happycrazyman
04-23-2024 03:53 PM
» Views: 136
Rog Strix B650E-F BIOS File Extraction
Last Post: panmetrix24
04-23-2024 11:25 AM
» Views: 151
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Pipo89
04-23-2024 06:47 AM
» Replies: 236
» Views: 69767
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN517-41 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: onetapxdf
04-23-2024 03:37 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 1373
[REQUEST] Lenovo G400S (7BCNxxWW) Whitel...
04-23-2024 03:14 AM
» Replies: 203
» Views: 70715
[REQUEST] Lenovo V570(c) (44CNxxWW) BIOS...
Last Post: d3m3n7r
04-22-2024 05:20 PM
» Replies: 18
» Views: 11193
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y520-15IKBN (4KCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: ati90
04-22-2024 05:02 AM
» Replies: 64
» Views: 37090
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: SteamTug
04-22-2024 04:24 AM
» Replies: 1731
» Views: 546018
[REQUEST] Lenovo G410 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
04-22-2024 03:58 AM
» Replies: 53
» Views: 10877
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Last Post: Brutoloco
04-21-2024 08:22 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 591

[Unlock Request] Acer Aspire V3-551G
(04-13-2014, 04:38 PM)BDMaster Wrote: Ok friend,
This is your Bios file Mod with Slic 2.1 + Menu Tabs Unlocked (It's based on Donovan) here :

http://rghost.net/54090005

Donovan Bios Mod produced brick as It has two SetupUtility modules :

FE3542FE-C1D3-4EF8-657C-8048606FF670_433.ROM (original good)

FE3542FE-C1D3-4EF8-657C-8048606FF670_1421.ROM (added bad)

It's an error that It occurs when use HexHD as It create a backup file in DUMP folder and PMTool use this file to add new module !
It will work,thanks to Donovan (The Best One) !
Regards

Im Confused .. Will it work right away, or will it work if i modify it ? Is it safe to flash without brick ?
find
(04-13-2014, 07:02 PM)KrinKillaz Wrote:
(04-13-2014, 04:38 PM)BDMaster Wrote: Ok friend,
This is your Bios file Mod with Slic 2.1 + Menu Tabs Unlocked (It's based on Donovan) here :

http://rghost.net/54090005

Donovan Bios Mod produced brick as It has two SetupUtility modules :

FE3542FE-C1D3-4EF8-657C-8048606FF670_433.ROM (original good)

FE3542FE-C1D3-4EF8-657C-8048606FF670_1421.ROM (added bad)

It's an error that It occurs when use HexHD as It create a backup file in DUMP folder and PMTool use this file to add new module !
It will work,thanks to Donovan (The Best One) !
Regards

Im Confused .. Will it work right away, or will it work if i modify it ? Is it safe to flash without brick ?

Explain to me better What do You want to modify ?
It's just modded to get Slic 2.1 and Menu Tabs Unlocked, there is other that do You want to get ?
Let me know
About version 2.14 It's possible to do the same mod and get Slic 2.1 + MN UNLCK on it too and reflash modded, indeed if do You want to downgrade You have to use Recovery Mode and use a Bios Original or Modded Decapsulated !
Formatting an USB Stick in Dos Fat32, put Bios File Decapsulated (original or modded) into and use Recovery Procedure :

using PMTool get Recovery filename (for 1.07) :

BIOS.fd

Then wait for my instruction

For 2.14 I found two locks :

01C7C : 0F 84 D6 00 00 00 to 0F 84 00 00 00 00 jz loc_180001D58 to jz +6

01CB0 : 0F 84 A2 00 00 00 to 0F 84 00 00 00 00 jz loc_180001D58 to jz +6

I will modify and post here.
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
Thats some good news .. im glad you're helping me .. basicly what i want to do is to get Access to Advanced Menu in order to be able to control fan speed,and some voltages.

Abour the downgrade . i have a Pen Drive with various bios Like beore .. the pendrive starts blinking, and it just reboots after 3 secs .. and still has the same bios .. so i dont think that works

I used Any's tool to get the correct filename .. wich is BIOS.fd On the 1.07. and i have the same file with diferent names just in case. From what i read online.. lots of people say its impossible to go back to Legacy 1.xx versions after a 2.xx update..
find
(04-14-2014, 05:58 AM)KrinKillaz Wrote: Thats some good news .. im glad you're helping me .. basicly what i want to do is to get Access to Advanced Menu in order to be able to control fan speed,and some voltages.

Abour the downgrade . i have a Pen Drive with various bios Like beore .. the pendrive starts blinking, and it just reboots after 3 secs .. and still has the same bios .. so i dont think that works

I used Any's tool to get the correct filename .. wich is BIOS.fd On the 1.07. and i have the same file with diferent names just in case. From what i read online.. lots of people say its impossible to go back to Legacy 1.xx versions after a 2.xx update..

The same problem to upgrade from 1.xx to 2.xx so Tito described some ways and I tested Recovery Mode !
Look here this is an extract from a PM on Acer Aspire V3-471G :

"Ok friend,
There are Bioses old style (without EFI), bioses Hybrid (With EFI modules) and last Bioses UEFI (new style all EFI modules).
The last ones are more difficult to unlock and modify (look FalseClock Thread).
So many laptop are designed to ship with Windows Win8 so have on MoBo the UEFI bioses, but others are shipped with FreeDos system as have a minor cost !
Now these Laptops are the same (same Mobo, Configuration, etc.) only difference is Bios !
There are many ways to try to install UEFI bios as Tito said in a post here :

http://catchtito.blogspot.it/2013/05/how...-bios.html

For its recent laptop models; Acer (and its subsidiaries) choose a weird way of delivering bios updates. When a model is sold without Windows 8, then it is delivered with 1.x bios which lacks UEFI booting and Secure Boot support. If the same model is sold with Windows 8, then its is delivered with 2.x bios with the option of UEFI booting and Secure Boot.

Problem is an user can't update from 1.x bios to 2.x bios with the downloaded bios update. Its shows: "Please update to the same type of bios (v.1.x)".

To avoid this detection, we have to hex-edit a bit.

Open the bios update application with your favorite hex editor and locate the following:

DisableSecureCapsuleFlash=1
Change it as follows:

DisableSecureCapsuleFlash=0
Save the changes. You can now update to 2.x using this modded bios. Flash from DOS or Windows.

If you can't find the above string in the bios update application, then we need to take another path.

Extract the application using 7-Zip and try to locate isflash.bin (which is your bios file) & platform.ini. Then open them with hex editor and change like above. Now flash using InsydeFlash.exe.

To overcome all of the checks, we need to edit more:

DisableCompare=0
to
DisableCompare=1
&

SkipSecureBootProtectionCheck=0
to
SkipSecureBootProtectionCheck=1

If you want a SLIC mod, then mod the downloaded bios update using andyp's tool. We have to alter another thing to flash the SLIC modded bios.

Again open the bios update application with your favorite hex editor and locate the following:

[ForceFlash]
ALL=0
Change it as follows:

[ForceFlash]
ALL=1

After updating to 2.x bios, you can safely update to subsequent updates without any modding. Note that you may have to re-install your previous Windows 8 installation after updating from 1.x to 2.x bios.

Credit goes to conghoaxa1@MDL & thanh2h@MDL.

Or use the RECOVERY MODE :

It's the method to recovery laptop when It bricks !
For Acer the procedure is quite simple, It needs an USB Stick Dos Formatted and the original Decapsuloated Bios UEFI with thr right recovery name.
So get bios file and Andy PMTool, extract by 7vZip all files from original bios .exe and You'll get a .fd Bios file, in your case is ZQS_R.fd (I got it running installation and looking into %TEMP% folder Windows Temporary Folder).
When got It, You have to extract the Decapsulated Bios to flash or Recovery procedure, otherwise your laptop will brick !

Look this Dirty Guide of mine to extract Decapsulated Bios :

http://rghost.net/52544682

So You'll get your Decapsulated Bios (shorter multiples of 1024 bytes) and You have to get the recovery name how to do ?
Use Andy PMTool and It will show at startup your Recovery Name Bios or look into Slic.log file, last version v.2.52 here :

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...EFI-BIOSes

And You'll find this name ZQS.fd, so now You have Bios Decapsulated, Recovery name and can try Recovery Procedure to update your bios !

Look here :

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...ible-names

(1.) REMOVE CD or DVD if possible (you may have to press the power button the quickly press the CD EJECT button)

(2.) REMOVE ALL USB DEVICES, NETWORK CABLES, (anything hooked to the laptop)

(3.) PRESS AND HOLD the POWER BUTTON DOWN FOR 5 secs to shutdown the laptop

(4.) REMOVE BATTERY

(5.) REMOVE AC CORD

(6.) PUT the USB THUMB DRIVE IN USB SLOT ON RIGHT SIDE OF LAPTOP (the one i used anyway)

(7.) PRESS AND HOLD the POWER BUTTON down for 10 secs... release

(8.) while holding FN + ESC plug in AC POWER CABLE, (KEEP HOLDING FN+ESC the whole time)

(9.) NOW PRESS POWER BUTTON & HOLD IT DOWN... THE FAN SHOULD SPIN UP (keep holding FN+ESC) ONCE FAN SPINS UP, RELEASE POWER BUTTON

(10.) eventually the fan will shut off.... (seemed like 30 seconds,, but could have been 5 minutes... i was freaking out)

when fan shuts off i unplugged my AC CORD... REMOVED THE USB DRIVE,,,, and then plugged the AC power back in,,,

then pressed power and my the miracle of technology and my preserverance... i got a green power light followed by an POST SCREEN!!!

Ok I explained all, now if do You want an help I can post v.2.18 original Bios Decapsulated or version modded too !
But I would get some infos about your system so download this tool and run as Administrator and post here the result file before all :

http://rghost.net/52417082

I will wait your reply and then We will decide what to do !

Let me know
Regards

[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
find
Yes that was the Tut i followed to Upgrate to 2.xx version .. wich i completely regret Aside from One thing (New Acer Boot Logo) (More Pretty eheheh) But [censored] that logo .. i want my Legacy 1.07 back
Ok so i did what u told and ran that tool ... Here's the Link for the Result

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0o2d5s

Tell-me what's best .. Get 2.14 With advanced tab, or to try downgrade
find
Hey KrinKillaz. Long time not see Tongue

What error do you get when you try to downgrade from 1.xx to 2.xx? I assume it'll just require bypassing what causes that error in Iscflash.dll to allow you to downgrade.
find
Hey Donovan Smile Good to see you back .. I get the "Please Flash the Same type of Bios 2.xx" Error .. I was able to bypass it to upgrade .. but im not able to Bypass it to downgrade .. When i Look for the "DisableSecureCapsuleFlash" Doesnt Find .. And the Other 2 Options "SkipSecureBoot" is set as 1 and "DisableCompare" Is Also 1 and still get that error ... Dunno what to do anymore Sad Gosh i hate this PC !

I think the best would be to Replace some tabs on the new 2.14 acer bios .. but i was looking at your blog, and i understand 0 of Hex .. also BDMaster Told me to Decapsulate bios .. same .. no idea how to do it .. he sent me his dirty guide .. but i get lost .. its all to new for me since the first time i used Hex was yesterday to bypass that Error and upgrade .. i was hoping the new Bios Fixed the Fan Prob of Not speeding up .. but no .. Now i have an unlocked bios file .. but no way to flash it .. Life Really is a [censored] ...

EDIT: I've been Following your tut .. I was able to go into TEMP folder and get the 2.14 Bios Bin File ... Went into andy's tool, Structure view, and extracted the DXE Core . It Gave me a File with the same name as in your tut .. now the Problem is .. There is no System Configuration String on there .. Im Stuck at this step .. what i look for ?
find
We have a little problem i didn't look about CPU on your laptop, but result file
said to me error 201 for all It's an AMD CPU so nisba Intel FPT !
Only Recovery Mode !!!
We can only try using it . . . Or wait for Donovan miracle with InsydeFlash patched (I know He can do everything !)

Here your Bios Decapsulated Modded v.2.14 for Recovery Mode with Slic 2.1 + Menu Tabs Unlocked :

http://rghost.net/54142426

Use an USB Dos Formatted (Fat32) and put that file renamed as BIOS.fd into then boot using Recovery Mode !
Let me know
Regards

find
Just Hope it doesnt brick .. Only have 1 Pen Drive Big Grin wich is the recovery one ehehe

Guess who just got a new Unlocked Bios ??? *-* Dude i freakin love you ehehehe
It worked like a charm, dint even took 1 min to flash .. I was able to Disable Quiet n Cool Policy .. Now my Fan can make all the noise in the world to keep this baby cool .. i got some more interesting features ill be playing with ... I will send you my Facebook and by the end of the week as promised you will have a Donation From me, You guys were excellent Big Grin Really happy with the support from both. Thanks For Everything, but i think ill stick by, kinda wanna learn to crack those baby's by myself Big Grin
find
(04-14-2014, 07:49 PM)KrinKillaz Wrote: Guess who just got a new Unlocked Bios ??? *-* Dude i freakin love you ehehehe
It worked like a charm, dint even took 1 min to flash .. I was able to Disable Quiet n Cool Policy .. Now my Fan can make all the noise in the world to keep this baby cool .. i got some more interesting features ill be playing with ... I will send you my Facebook and by the end of the week as promised you will have a Donation From me, You guys were excellent Big Grin Really happy with the support from both. Thanks For Everything, but i think ill stick by, kinda wanna learn to crack those baby's by myself Big Grin

I don't want any donation, so give to Donovan It and I hope You remember that Donovan just push me to do Bios Modder as He gives to me this rule and chance beliving in mine possibilties when I didn't ! Great Donovan forever !
Regards

find