Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 68
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424312
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3594
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 258
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 191
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 287
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224194
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119152
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 265
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6771
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 382
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309636
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61948
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 603
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20257
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169215
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6312
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 805
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5774
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61165

(Unlocked) - M4A78LT-M(cm1630) -- ASUS Essentio CM1630
#1
This is an OEM board, but I would like to unlock features present in the retail version, which I believe are disabled via the OEM bios--CPU voltage and AMD core-unlocker, to be specific.

I will attach copies of the OEM bios and retail bios, and even a comparison between the two would be appreciated, as I don't want to load the retail bios version without first verifying that it is compatible.

If I use the EZ-Flash it complains that the BIOS model ID's do not match (retail is M4A78LT-M and OEM is M4A78LT-M(cm1630)), but I think this may just be a limitation imposed due to the board being OEM and not retail, but I would like to verify.

Also, if the features are just locked in the oem version, if one could unlock them I would be forever grateful. Or, if one doesn't have the time, I would not be unwilling to attempt this modification myself, if one would just point me in the right direction, software-wise, as this would be a rather useful thing to learn.

The PC is: ASUS Essentio 1630
The motherboard model is: M4A78LT-M/cm1630


Attached Files
.zip   M4A78LT-M-ASUS-CM1630-0304.zip (Size: 632.92 KB / Downloads: 56)
.zip   M4A78LT-M-ASUS-0802.zip (Size: 730.94 KB / Downloads: 47)

CPU: AMD Phenom ii 955BE X4 @ 4Ghz | Memory: G.Skill Ripjaw 1600Mhz 2GB x2| Mobo: ASUS M4A79XTD-EVO | Video: Sapphire 6970 2GB | CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro H50 (push-pull) | Case: NZXT Tempest Evo, Digital Camo | PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000W
www find
quote
#2
Hi there Thomas
there are no options locked in the oem bios as for the retail they look similar but that doesnt say it will work as for flashing the bios read the section on ami bios flashing and do it through dos good luck and post back if it works but remember its at your own risk Smile
find
quote
#3
I had no luck with AFUDOS, it would complain that either the ROM ID's didn't match, or, it would complain that my BIOS doesn't support AFU. So I tried a different approach:

First, I used AMIBCP to compare the two ROM's and they appeared to be extremely similar, aside from features missing from the OEM ROM. Due to these similarities, I decided to take a chance...

In the end, I hex edited the retail BIOS and changed the ROM ID and Model to match the CM1630, and it seems to work, even with the provided ASUS Update utility. I am now able to access and use features included in the retail BIOS, which are not included in the original, OEM version.

If anyone decides to use this on their CM1630, please do so with caution, it is my first time modifying a BIOS ROM, and your results may vary...


Attached Files
.rom   M4A78LT-M-CM1630-0802-MODIFIED.ROM (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 108)

CPU: AMD Phenom ii 955BE X4 @ 4Ghz | Memory: G.Skill Ripjaw 1600Mhz 2GB x2| Mobo: ASUS M4A79XTD-EVO | Video: Sapphire 6970 2GB | CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro H50 (push-pull) | Case: NZXT Tempest Evo, Digital Camo | PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000W
www find
quote
#4
(02-15-2011, 04:27 AM)svthomas Wrote: I had no luck with AFUDOS, it would complain that either the ROM ID's didn't match, or, it would complain that my BIOS doesn't support AFU. So I tried a different approach:

First, I used AMIBCP to compare the two ROM's and they appeared to be extremely similar, aside from features missing from the OEM ROM. Due to these similarities, I decided to take a chance...

In the end, I hex edited the retail BIOS and changed the ROM ID and Model to match the CM1630, and it seems to work, even with the provided ASUS Update utility. I am now able to access and use features included in the retail BIOS, which are not included in the original, OEM version.

If anyone decides to use this on their CM1630, please do so with caution, it is my first time modifying a BIOS ROM, and your results may vary...

Top work mate i thought that bios would be ok i would post this in"Unlocked Ami Bioses" forum

Thanks lecky

find
quote
#5
doe's any one know how can i unlock bios for m4a78lt-m cm1730 series motherboard. i have phenon ii 6 core 1065
find
quote
#6
(06-15-2011, 01:12 PM)nate67000 Wrote: doe's any one know how can i unlock bios for m4a78lt-m cm1730 series motherboard. i have phenon ii 6 core 1065

Same here!
http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Un...os-request
find
quote
#7
Check the file size out, its not even 1mb. I got a old essentio laying here so I decided to try it and every program from ezflash to afudos to asus update all say 'file size does not match current size.' so beware. and it didnt flash either obviously so unless hes posted the wrong .rom file dont believe it.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)