Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6369
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14010
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424499
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3626
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 295
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 212
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 315
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224630
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119178
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6793
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 418
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309747
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61975
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 630
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20286
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169379
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6357
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 833

Unlocking Aspire 9800 BIOS
#1
Hi everybody. Blush I'm trying to install Win 8.1 on my old Aspire 9800 and it falls on booting from CD with black screen, but Win 7 boots normaly. So I wanted to ask if there is any way to update / mod my bios ? And I don't know why, but Acer decided to hide AHCI mode enabling in this bios. Is it possible to enable this function ?


Attached Files
.zip   BIOS_v2.14_Vista.zip (Size: 1.52 MB / Downloads: 4)
find
quote
#2
Oh. Just right now found topic about almostly the same model Aspire 9810 - link. So it looks like - there is no way to fix my problem... Sad
find
quote
#3
One more question. Is is possible to change vbios in this bios ?

Aspire 9800 has integrated 7300 Go card with vbios ver. "5.72.22.32.18"

I used phoenix tool (Phoenix/Dell/EFI SLIC Mod v.2.58) to update VBIOS in bios image.

I found 3 variation of VBIOS on techpowerup.com
VBIOS for 7300 Go

So, decided to use "5.72.22.46.57" cause it was latest build as I understood.

After unpacking BIOS image, I found that VBIOS for my card is located in OPROM01.ROM block, so I replaced it with new ROM (remaining the same file name). But after flashing BIOS image - I got BLACK screen, so I had to use crisis disk to restore BIOS back. Any ideas what am I doing wrong ? Shall I change any values in other bios blocks before flashing ? There are some strings in BIOSCOD3.ROM about VBIOS, but I don't know - shall I change them ?

P.S

First of all I tried NvFlash for flashing VBIOS, but it says - "supported EEPROM not found".

P.P.S

Thanks for any advices Blush
find
quote
#4
Hi Guys ! ) Anybody home ? I found that screen goes black cause of whitelist in file BIOSCOD3.ROM.

Is there any utility for patching it, to make BIOS work with updated VBIOS, or is it possible to patch it with hex editor ? Anybody knows ? Smile


Attached Files
.rom   BIOSCOD3.ROM (Size: 14.48 KB / Downloads: 3)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)