Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108041
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1314
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3541
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9214
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8765
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14362
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425649
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 534
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 332
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227602
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119720
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6999
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 622
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310593
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62224

Unlocking F.13 BIOS on HP 350 G2 with test clip to set DVMT
#1
Hey guys,

so I tried to change the preallocated DVMT value in my BIOS but the advanced settings are hidden. Then I tried to change the variable via UEFI Shell grub following this guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-lapto...ptops.html

Turns out the BIOS and the variables are locked/encrypted/whatever and I can't change them. Since I need to change that setting to get OS X running properly, I'm ready to go further. I've found following post:

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...5#pid74575

First of all, I couldn't find a modified version of my BIOS which still was online. All links of it were removed.
This is the version from the manufacturer:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/publi...nvOid=4059

Here's my hardware information: 
HP 350 G2 Laptop
CPU Intel Core i5 5200-U @ 2,2 GhZ Broadwell-U Socket 1168 BGA 
Mainboard Hewlett-Packard 803A KBC Version 46.11 
GPU Intel HD Graphics 5500, board manuf. 0x103C (0x803A)

I don't know yet which BIOS chip model I have and wanted to ask if someone has a modified version of my BIOS or can unlock it for me so I can access the DVMT setting or change it with the UEFI shell and if I can order this programmer to flash the bios:

http://www.amazon.com/CH341A-Series-EEPR...B00PFFND0Y

or which one I'd need to reflash this Notebook. I will have a look inside tomorrow but right now I'm missing a [censored] driver to open it up..

Thanks and best wishes
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)