Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6516
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
Yesterday 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 120
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308174
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61531
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 297
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 19933
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168389
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 5961
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 511
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5465
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60711
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274661
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 639
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24611
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 693477
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 173965
HP DV6-6031er WiFi White list
Last Post: NVTNovo
09-16-2026 09:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 917
HP15BA030 BIOS Freischalten für Advanced...
Last Post: Andyowl
09-16-2026 01:35 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 506
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH0...
Last Post: Silver Pegasus
09-16-2026 09:53 AM
» Replies: 66
» Views: 59520
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire V5-572(P,G) BIOS U...
Last Post: Majestik
09-15-2026 03:01 PM
» Replies: 42
» Views: 43054

Upgrade CPU Samsung R580
#31
Hello everyone.
What I do have:
-Samsung R580 (Bremen-M v1.3 i5-430M/GF-330M)
-740QM/840QM not working, no init, black screen (1, 2, 8GB RAM sticks tried)
-Tried 10JB, 06JB Bioses, 106E5 microcodes are present (Clarksfield), HM55 chipset
-There is the same notebook but with AMD graphics on board that runs 840QM/16GB Ram
-According to a service manual and a boardview I got I can assume:
---Platform supports Arrandale/Clarksfield (can detect VTT_SEL)
---My setup (notebook) is already configured as discreete GFX only (R143 resistor is set on it's place by factory)
---According to a block-scheme at the top of service manual GF-330M is connected by x16 PCIe lines and all video-out interfaces are coming from Nvidia GFX, so no Intel HD needed as a transmitter.
---No Intel HD GFX in Dev Manager is present as well (i5-430m)
...
Accordig to:
https://www.cpu-world.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33972
"Your Satellite L655's BIOS has the microcodes needed for a Clarksfield (first generation mobile Core i7) to work, but I don't know if the APIC table supports it.
Download Read & Write Everything v1.7 from this website, then run it and click on the 'ACPI' icon on the top portion of the screen. You should see a window popping up that shows a couple of tabs with differing names, but the tab that you should be looking for is the APIC tab. Click on the APIC tab and look for an entry called 'Processor Local APIC Structure'.
For a 720QM, 740QM, 820QM, 840QM, 920XM, and the 940XM to work, it must have at least 8 entries of the 'Processor Local APIC structure' showing up in the APIC table. An easier way to find this out is to check the highest 'ACPI Processor ID' number. If it shows up to 4 entries, which should be seen as 'ACPI Processor ID 0x03', you cannot upgrade to any of these Clarksfield processors. However, if it shows up to 8 entries, which should be seen as 'ACPI Processor ID 0x07', you can upgrade to any of these Clarksfield processors."
...
I checked mine and yes, only 4 entryes it has (checked in RWE and AIDA64). So:
-Is it possible to mod it at all (to add such entries - "Processor Local APIC structure")?
-Is it possible to ask someone to do that for me? (Attached my BIOS)
-If it is possible at all but I need to make it on my own - just point me where to dig, what program/tool to use.
...
Thanks for reading.


Attached Files
.zip   r580.zip (Size: 1.79 MB / Downloads: 0)
find
quote
#32
Read this thread attentively.
find
quote
#33
(04-01-2024, 02:30 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Read this thread attentively.

I thought that was the most correct thread to ask cause I do have Samsung R580 and I need to upgrade it's CPU but I provided some extra information and based on that I formed a more direct request on what I need. Should I ask somewhere else here on this forum? Sorry, I really don't get what I did wrong.
...
I read it before, some said it might be caused by Nvidia Optimus - it's not, such technology is not present here. It's a power saving technology that can turn the iGPU at idle but no - there is no iGPU as an option here at all. Just an external discreete GPU. TDP is not a problem for startup either.
find
quote
#34
No way for quad core CPU.
find
quote
#35
(04-02-2024, 12:19 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: No way for quad core CPU.

While it had any of xxJB version of the BIOS it had no support for Clarksfield but after I flashed 08JA BIOS from the same platform/HW but another submodel of R780 it started to work. It added extra 4 APIC entries and now there are 8 of them. Here is a link to a zip file with a screenshots and the 08JA BIOS with a clean ME region. Only bug I saw is 0C temp of system board and average CPU, per core works fine. As for thermal interface I used PTM7950 and cause of that it remained pretty silent and cool. And 16Gb of RAM are working now too.


Attached Files
.zip   R780_08JA.zip (Size: 2.73 MB / Downloads: 10)
find
quote
#36
(04-05-2024, 01:33 PM)Armorant Wrote:
(04-02-2024, 12:19 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: No way for quad core CPU.

While it had any of xxJB version of the BIOS it had no support for Clarksfield but after I flashed 08JA BIOS from the same platform/HW but another submodel of R780 it started to work. It added extra 4 APIC entries and now there are 8 of them. Here is a link to a zip file with a screenshots and the 08JA BIOS with a clean ME region. Only bug I saw is 0C temp of system board and average CPU, per core works fine. As for thermal interface I used PTM7950 and cause of that it remained pretty silent and cool. And 16Gb of RAM are working now too.

Hello. I flashed your bios into my R580 and laptop with i7-840qm started and actually works. But I have some issues:

1. Temperatures with orginal cooling are really high, almost critical, over 95 C degrees in stress.
2. Windows 10 and Ubuntu, Debian doesn't see a Yukon Marvell ethernet card.
3. I can't set a priority of booting device, I have to override boot device in bios itself.
4. Cooling fan is spinnig to slow.
5. As You mentioned , there is no PCH temperature monitoring and overall CPU Core temperature monitor.

Modding a bios is requred, unfortunately I've no knowledge how to override this major problems, but I am considering modding a cooling rig in this laptop.

 Thanks for Your engagement. Regards.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)