Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424140
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3555
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 215
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 162
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223768
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119098
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6739
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 352
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309508
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 565
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20217
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169143
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6262
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 767
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5736
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61111
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274947

Upgrade CPU T6400 to QX9300 on MOBO N80vb Chipset PM45
#1
There shouldnt be a problem upgrade a 2 core cpu machine to a 4 core cpu on the same motherboard. Other than upgrading the Bios.  RAM should still be compatible for the same type of CPU.  Penryn models Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 to Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme QX9300.
However, they have a difference of FSB 800 to 1066 MHz and power consuption 35W to 45W.

This link (http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-Intel_(chi...press.html) says that my MOBO is compatible, but it´s not working.
After changing the CPU and starting the PC it does not give a video signal and a few seconds later it turns off and restarts on the same black 
screen and freezes, but the fans are working all the time.

I think it may be the BIOS that needs to be changed for the Quad processor, but I'm not sure and And I don't understand much about BIOS

Please, if anyone can help me I would be very grateful. This was my first notebook and I really like it. Big Grin


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
               

.zip   N80VbAS209.zip (Size: 638.94 KB / Downloads: 0)
find
quote
#2
A few motherboards with Socket P can boot quad cores CPUs. It's hardware incompatibility.
But you can try the motherboard's mod for quad core CPU supporting.
find
quote
#3
(04-03-2020, 02:02 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: A few motherboards with Socket P can boot quad cores CPUs. It's hardware incompatibility.
But you can try the motherboard's mod for quad core CPU supporting.

I really wanted you to read and answer my post. I read some posts that you answered about the QX9300 and I already expected you to say that it is incompatible. But maybe you would say "it is compatible, you just need a mod in your BIOS for the mobo to recognize it".
I already read about this quad mod and I think I have a good chance of ruining my notebook. And I really love it.
So I'm thinking between X9100 and T9900. Do you think they will work?

   
find
quote
#4
(04-03-2020, 08:05 PM)messias_leandro Wrote: So I'm thinking between X9100 and T9900. Do you think they will work?
Yes, they will work.
find
quote
#5
(04-04-2020, 01:49 AM)DeathBringer Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 08:05 PM)messias_leandro Wrote: So I'm thinking between X9100 and T9900. Do you think they will work?
Yes, they will work.

Thank you.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)