Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424161
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3557
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 216
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 164
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223792
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119098
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 236
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6740
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 354
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309513
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61904
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 568
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20220
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169147
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6264
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 768
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5737
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61113
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274950

Upgrade CPU on msi GX740
#1
Bug 
Hi everyone,

I will need your opinion, will it be possible to add an Intel Core i7-740 QM on a laptop MSI GX740.
What do you need to tell me ?

Cordially

Liam
find
quote
#2
I think that quad cores CPU will overheat this laptop.
To check it you need to stress current GPU and CPU simultaneously: run Furmark & LinX (with idle process priority).
Make a screenshot of HWMonitor when GPU & CPU temperatures will stop rising.

Make a photo of its motherboard near a socket.
find
quote
#3
Hi DeathBringer,

Basic processor was a Core i5 M460 Arrandale, I upgraded with a Core i5 M560 Arrandale and it worked well.
I was buy a Core i7-740QM but the PC does not want to boot at all, black screen no boot.
Then I was try with Core i7-640M and it's similar... black screen no boot.

You think the BIOS is blocked for this CPU ?

Cordially
find
quote
#4
I can't help without requested information.
find
quote
#5
(04-01-2019, 11:27 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: I can't help without requested information.

Hi DeathBringer,

I have find this on web :
https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/search?dir=desc&q=ms-1727&sort=multicore_score
So it must be possible to put an i7-740QM on the MSI GX740.

When I stress it with CPU-Z the temperature never goes above 50 ° C with i5-560M

Cordially


PS : LinX is it Linpack Xtreme on techpowerup.com with Furmark ?


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
               
find
quote
#6
(04-13-2019, 06:07 AM)OnLineBios Wrote: I have find this on web :
https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/search?dir=desc&q=ms-1727&sort=multicore_score
So it must be possible to put an i7-740QM on the MSI GX740.
I can't confirm that without a photo of its motherboard near a socket.

(04-13-2019, 06:07 AM)OnLineBios Wrote: LinX is it Linpack Xtreme on techpowerup.com with Furmark ?
Yes.
find
quote
#7
OK, I finished the windows update and I will download the software.

Can I pass you the BIOS so that you can already see if it's possible to do it?
find
quote
#8
I'm not interested in pure theory.
find
quote
#9
(04-13-2019, 06:48 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: I'm not interested in pure theory.

I hope that's what you want DeathBringer.

On Battery and connected to the electric current.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
find
quote
#10
A photo of its motherboard.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)