Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6369
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14010
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424499
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3626
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 295
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 212
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 315
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224629
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119178
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6793
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 418
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309747
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61975
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 630
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20286
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169379
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6357
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 833

VIT M2400 (Pegatron A24) broken BIOS
#1
Hello guys this is my first post on these forums, if I'm doing something wrong just tell me. Long story short: a relative of mine wanted me to fix a computer from a coworker of hers. The laptop is a VIT M2400 which in fact has a Pegatron A24 motherboard running an AMI BIOS it seems, somehow the guy broke the BIOS while fiddling with it. I managed to find a dump of this computer's BIOS here: https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-U...0-Ami-Bios

I followed this procedure to no avail: https://www.bios-mods.com/bios-recovery/...-recovery/

I think the problem is that I'm missing the correct filename for the ROM file, I tried with AMIBOOT.ROM and PEGATRON.ROM with a FAT USB but neither worked. I'm stuck on the mydigitallife forum account confirmation, it has been more than 10 hours an the email hasn't arrived yet so I can't download AndyP's tool, could please someone who already has that tool download the ROM which the author of the first post uploaded and tell me what filename I have to use ?

The link to the file is this one: https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/attachment.php?aid=1627

Or else, how would I download AndyP's program ?

This BIOS basically broke itself, and it seems to be common for these machines, if I can fix it I will make a guide here.

Thanks guys you're awesome !
find
quote
#2
Hi!
(03-17-2021, 10:15 AM)t43guy Wrote: tell me what filename I have to use ?
I don't know if it has any.

Version 1.42
Version 1.72
Version 2.73
find
quote
#3
Hey thanks for your quick reply ! I browsed through those links but they seem to be downloads for PhoenixTool, this machine's BIOS is AMI though
find
quote
#4
Ok guys I figured it out, turns out using a gmail account worked to register on mydigitallife. I used the program called MMTOOL to get information about the BIOS file, it says is an AMI corev8 or something like that but not any more useful info. Instead I used a hex editor to inspect the BIOS file and searched for "ROM", it turns out the correct filename for recovery is indeed AMIBOOT.ROM, so I tried again with a FAT formatted USB drive and with a CD with the file burned in it, but it didn't work :c



I think the bootblock of the BIOS broke as well, so there's no chance of recovery without an EEPROM programmer.



If you have a broken VIT M2400 like me you can try with this instructions: https://www.bios-mods.com/bios-recovery/...-recovery/

using the filename AMIBOOT.ROM

maybe you have better luck Wink
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)