Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Today 06:04 PM
» Replies: 140
» Views: 40980
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: k24a1
Today 05:28 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 6576
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Today 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 86
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317142
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Today 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101078
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2524
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 339
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55327
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64133
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4102
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 148
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 98
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52220
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167246
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 240
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 330
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 130
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6334
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 140

[WORKING] Asus P8Z77-V: NVMe BOOT Support w. Download
Hi Guys and Girls,

my dad i got got both computers with the P8Z77-V Boards.
The Samsung Sata Ssd in my dads computer died after 9 years (and 26TB written).

I recommended to buy a new Samsung 970 Plus NVME SSD together with a PCIe Adapter Card x4, hence its way faster than sata SSDs.

As you can imagine the Board got a nice UEFI but sadly cannot boot straight from NVME PCIe Slot (i should have known).
 Although it has an "PCIE Boot Enable" Option.

I tried to mod the Bios myself with no success. (noob)

Bios Link:  https://www.asus.com/de/Motherboards/P8Z...Desk_BIOS/         
Version 2104

I tried to mod using the following tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_qRvvCWpWA  

AfuWin fails to flash "size error" and Asus Update App succeeds but with no effect on reboot. 

EZFlash2 from UEFI complains about security Validation. This P8Z77-V got no Flashback button.

Iam not sure if the modded .cap file is broken or if its just the flash process which fails.

I appreciate any help or modded Bios File with NVME Boot for the P8Z77-V

best regards

brownie12

PS. i guess the SLIC topic is not the right one, but its the only open thread for this Board i can find using the onboard search.
find
(02-08-2020, 05:55 PM)brownie12 Wrote: Hi Guys and Girls,

my dad i got got both computers with the P8Z77-V Boards.
The Samsung Sata Ssd in my dads computer died after 9 years (and 26TB written).

I recommended to buy a new Samsung 970 Plus NVME SSD together with a PCIe Adapter Card x4, hence its way faster than sata SSDs.

As you can imagine the Board got a nice UEFI but sadly cannot boot straight from NVME PCIe Slot (i should have known).
 Although it has an "PCIE Boot Enable" Option.

I tried to mod the Bios myself with no success. (noob)

Bios Link:  https://www.asus.com/de/Motherboards/P8Z...Desk_BIOS/         
Version 2104

I tried to mod using the following tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_qRvvCWpWA  

AfuWin fails to flash "size error" and EZFlash App succeeds but with no effect on reboot. 

EZFlash2 from UEFI complains about security Validation. The P8Z77-V got no Flashback button.

Iam not sure if the modded .cap file is broken or if its just the flash process which fails.

I appreciate any help or modded Bios File with NVME Boot for the P8Z77-V

best regards

brownie12

Sometimes flashing a modded BIOS just works with an old BIOS Version. I had a P8Z77-M Pro with a broken flashback function and the only way I could flash a modded BIOS was with an old BIOS + FTK Toolkit or sth like that, I can't really remember...I think it was FTK8 or sth
find
Hey thanks for your Answer. Seems like FTK8 FlashTool is kind of a last option for desperate Flashers Tongue

SOLUTION A - Working NVME no FlashBack Button:

Somehow i did it with the Asus Update from the AI Suite 2.
I got a working NVME Boot now for my  dad's P8Z77-V computer. (no FlashBack Button)

I deleted the "PcieLaneDXE" register and added the full Addon " NvmExpressDxe_4". 
NVME boot is now working flawlessly. I can not foreclose any bugs related to this, as iam a bios mod noob. 
So flashing on your own risks guys.

//1. Bug when you try different PCIE Slots and switch between them, a reflash could be necessary!
JUST USE THE BOTTOM PCIEx16 SLOT

Link to the modded Bios cap + Asus AISuite with EZFlash / Update as ZIP.
https://www.file-upload.net/download-139...4.zip.html

How to Flash:

0) Update Intel Management Engine (ME) to Version 8.1 - Downloads on Asus Support Page
1) install the Asus Ai Suite 2 Software
2) start  Asus Update from AISuite
3) select test1.cap
4 ) click next for bios check
5) delete test1.cap and rename test2.cap to test1.cap  (replace bios files, after the software checked validation)
6) click update
7) wait 5 mins until you get a successfull message (if the bar is running quicker than this, flash didnt succeed)
8) reboot, maybe check BIOS Settings for UEFI Boot
9 )Put you NVME SSD in a NGFF / M-Key / M.2 / NVME to PCIE 4x Adapter Card. Put it in the BOTTOM  BLACK PCIEx16 Slot.!!!!!
10) have fun Smile

SOLUTION B - FlashBack Button

I experienced problems flashing my own (same) Board. 
Asus Update doesnt do anything. But accepts ALL the CAPs and gives a successfull Message  - seems like a different Board Revision
AfuWin Fails with secure validation.

//EDIT  I found that, there's different Revisions of this Board. On the newer revision there is Indeed a Bios Flashback Button on the Board. The USB Port for this got a green line around it. Use this flash method for the newer revisions. First method with Asus Update wont work. Asus Update is just gonna flash with success (no Warning), but in like 5 secs  with no effect and results. No Warnings so its kind of irritating.

0) Update Intel Management Engine (ME) to Version 8.1 - Downloads on Asus Support Page
1) For using USB Flashback. Format your usb drive in fat32.
2)  copy test2.cap on it. rename it to Z77VB.cap
3) Put in into the right (green usb slot).
4) Shutdown PC
5) Pull all PCIE Cards and USB Devices from your Computer. So thats just the USB Stick with the Cap and the Power cord ist connected.
6) Push USB FB Button for 3 secs.  It shouls light up in secquences with different speeds. Takes 2 minutes. 
 If Bios flash fails the green LED lights constantly after 5 secs. RETRY and check CAP Name
7) If your Computer does not turn on after flash -> Unplug Power Cord for 5 minutes and do a CMOS Reset by Setting CMOS jumper.
9 )Put you NVME SSD in a NGFF / M-Key / M.2 / NVME to PCIE 4x Adapter Card. Put it in the BOTTOM  BLACK PCIEx16 Slot.!!!!!
10) have fun Smile

I use Icy Box /RaidSonic, Inter-Tech Cards for this. Boot Up time is now way quicker than with a normal Sata SSD.

best regards

brownie12
find
(02-17-2020, 09:01 AM)brownie12 Wrote: Hey thanks for your Answer. Seems like FTK8 FlashTool is kind of a last option for desperate Flashers Tongue

Somehow i did it with the EZ Flash from the AI Suite 2.

I got a working NVME Boot now for my P8Z77-V computers.
I deleted the "PcieLaneDXE" register and added the full Addon " NvmExpressDxe_4". NVME boot is now working flawlessly.
I can not foreclose any bugs related to this, as iam a bios mod noob. So flashing on your own risks guys.

How to Flash:

1) install the Asus Software
2) start the EZ Update / Flash from AISuite
3) select test1.cap
5) delete test1.cap and rename test2.cap to test1.cap  (replace bios files, after the software checked validation)
6) click update
7) wait 5 mins until you get a successfull message
8) reboot
9) have fun Smile

Hello brownie12,

Thank you for detailed instruction and files for it. It is awesome. Could you please recommend some NVMe drives , for example the one you have. Also, could you please say, will I have any profit if I will change my simple Sata SSD which is Sandisk 500GB to NVMe ssd? And third question is could you please tell, which exactly adapter you bought for NVme drive to Pci express. Sorry to be long. Thank you in advance.
find
(04-20-2020, 04:10 PM)hamid Wrote:
(02-17-2020, 09:01 AM)brownie12 Wrote: Hey thanks for your Answer. Seems like FTK8 FlashTool is kind of a last option for desperate Flashers Tongue

Somehow i did it with the EZ Flash from the AI Suite 2.

I got a working NVME Boot now for my P8Z77-V computers.
I deleted the "PcieLaneDXE" register and added the full Addon " NvmExpressDxe_4". NVME boot is now working flawlessly.
I can not foreclose any bugs related to this, as iam a bios mod noob. So flashing on your own risks guys.

How to Flash:

1) install the Asus Software
2) start the EZ Update / Flash from AISuite
3) select test1.cap
6) click update
7) wait 5 mins until you get a successfull message
8) reboot
9) have fun Smile

Hello brownie12,

Thank you for detailed instruction and files for it. It is awesome. Could you please recommend some NVMe drives , for example the one you have. Also, could you please say, will I have any profit if I will change my simple Sata SSD which is Sandisk 500GB to NVMe ssd? And third question is could you please tell, which exactly adapter you bought for NVme drive to Pci express. Sorry to be long. Thank you in advance.

Hello Hamid,

i do use Samsung 970 Evos and Evo Plus. From changing normal SSD to NVME SSD a normal user wont benefit at all. If youre using a lot of VMS wiht a lot of I/O Performance and if you copy a lot of files, do Video edit you benefit from the munch higher write and read speeds. 

Normal Sata SSD: Write and Read Speed ~ 500MB/s  . NVME SSD : Write and Read Speed ~ 2,5GB/S - 7GB/s depending on the NVME SSD!!

I do use Inter-Tech, RaidSonic, Icy Box Adapters. Called NVME / M.2 NGFF / M-Key to PCIEx4 Slot Adapter cards.
Example: IcyBox IB-PCI208

Keep in mind you have to use Windows 10 x64 (EFI GPT  formatted)  Version to boot from NVME drives.
MBR Partition Layout wont boot from NVME Drives. When your installing Windows 10 fresh from a Stick or DualLayer DVD you wont have to worry about that.

best regards

brownie12
find

SOLUTION A - Working NVME no FlashBack Button:

Somehow i did it with the Asus Update from the AI Suite 2.
I got a working NVME Boot now for my  dad's P8Z77-V computer. (no FlashBack Button)

I deleted the "PcieLaneDXE" register and added the full Addon " NvmExpressDxe_4". 
NVME boot is now working flawlessly. I can not foreclose any bugs related to this, as iam a bios mod noob. 
So flashing on your own risks guys.

//1. Bug when you try different PCIE Slots and switch between them, a reflash could be necessary!
JUST USE THE BOTTOM PCIEx16 SLOT

How to Flash:

1) install the Asus Ai Suite 2 Software
2) start  Asus Update from AISuite
3) select test1.cap
6) click update
7) wait 5 mins until you get a successfull message (if the bar is running quicker than this, flash didnt succeed)
9 )Put you NVME SSD in a NGFF / M-Key / M.2 / NVME to PCIE 4x Adapter Card. Put it in the BOTTOM  BLACK PCIEx16 Slot.!!!!!
10) have fun Smile

SOLUTION B - FlashBack Button

I experienced problems flashing my own (same) Board. 
Asus Update doesnt do anything. But accepts ALL the CAPs and gives a successfull Message  - seems like a different Board Revision
AfuWin Fails with secure validation.

//EDIT  I found that, there's different Revisions of this Board. On the newer revision there is Indeed a Bios Flashback Button on the Board. The USB Port for this got a green line around it. Use this flash method for the newer revisions. First method with Asus Update wont work. Asus Update is just gonna flash with success (no Warning), but in like 5 secs  with no effect and results. No Warnings so its kind of irritating.

1) For using USB Flashback. Format your usb drive in fat32.
2)  copy test2.cap on it. rename it to Z77VB.cap
3) Put in into the right (green usb slot).
4) Shutdown PC
5) Pull all PCIE Cards and USB Devices from your Computer. So thats just the USB Stick with the Cap and the Power cord ist connected.
6) Push USB FB Button for 3 secs.  It shouls light up in secquences with different speeds. Takes 2 minutes. 
 If Bios flash fails the green LED lights constantly after 5 secs. RETRY and check CAP Name
7) If your Computer does not turn on after flash -> Unplug Power Cord for 5 minutes and do a CMOS Reset by Setting CMOS jumper.
9 )Put you NVME SSD in a NGFF / M-Key / M.2 / NVME to PCIE 4x Adapter Card. Put it in the BOTTOM  BLACK PCIEx16 Slot.!!!!!
10) have fun Smile

I use Icy Box /RaidSonic, Inter-Tech Cards for this. Boot Up time is now way quicker than with a normal Sata SSD.

best regards

brownie12

Hy Brownie,

I have update the bios with the flashback button.
If I want to check the correct update what should I check in the bios?

Many thanks
Hamletme
find
Hi Brownie,

I originally tried your modded bios, but there was an issue with using the bottom black PCIe slot in that it would only operate in 1x mode, rather than 4x mode, no matter what it was set to in the bios, which for a slot that is only gen2, suffers quite a bit, getting only 400mb sequential reads in testing.

The issue was that you deleted the PcieLaneDXE entry rather than just add the NvmExpressDxe_4 after it. I made my own bios, flashed it using your tip of using Asus Suite 2 and the link on that black slot is now gen 2 x4, getting 1600MB/s.

I've attached the bios I've used to this post, so for anyone else interested, follow Brownie's guide above but use this bios file rather than Brownies.

I was using the bottom slot as my two gen 3 slots were sporting SLI 1070ti, but as the 3000 series has just been announced, I'm going to go down to a single card, and so have since moved the nvme drive to my second gen 3 slot, getting the full 3200MB/s from the drive, which with Nvidia RTX IO, should hopefully work sweet on my 8 year old motherboard.

Attached Files
.zip   P8Z77 2104 NVME MOD.zip (Size: 4.41 MB / Downloads: 237)
find
bonjour , j'ai une P8Z77WS ca ne marche pas .
bon je sais je suis pas un pro en informatique mais je veux bien un bon tuyaux
j'ai flashé le bios avec une clé usb fat 32 et le fichier cap comme indiqué au dessus mais au bout de 5sec il ne clignote plus.
je vais tenter d'autre manip pour voir.
difficile de trouver un tuto sur ce type de carte mère.
find
@hamletme sorry i found no way to check that. except the working nvme boot drives. i tried to modify the version number but i didnt manage to do it. s
@samiby thank you very munch for that correction i try it someday. guess my write speeds gonna improve then too Tongue so we finally got a good working version with "full speed"
find
@miobe38, flashing a new bios to a "broken" board wont fix it. if its just "bricked" try using the original bios files from asus.com for your P8Z77V WS.

I dont know if the P8Z77V WS got the same Bios as the P8Z77V
find