Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 24
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424231
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3565
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 230
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 166
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 259
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223940
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119112
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 241
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6748
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 361
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309561
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61908
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 574
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20229
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169174
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6275
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 777
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5744
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61128

What is the difference
#1
Hi all, I'm (FNG) philetus. This is a great forum.
I've been playing with Andy's tool and I modded my bios. I don't know what it would do if I flashed it. I used the slic 2 setting.
It probably didn't need it?
I turned Lenovo-36CN23WW(V2.09).rom into Lenovo-36CN23WW(V2.09)_SLIC.rom.
What exactly did it do to the bios?
find
quote
#2
You replaced the existing SLIC table in your bios with a SLIC2.0 table. This version of SLIC is used to activate Windows Vista easily. Windows 7 uses SLIC2.1, Windows 8 uses SLIC3.0. However starting with SLIC3.0, it switch to a dynamic type of unique generation that can only work on one computer. So SLIC mods are kind of pointless unless you want to stick to Windows 7 or earlier.
find
quote
#3
(01-17-2014, 01:07 AM)donovan6000 Wrote: You replaced the existing SLIC table in your bios with a SLIC2.0 table. This version of SLIC is used to activate Windows Vista easily. Windows 7 uses SLIC2.1, Windows 8 uses SLIC3.0. However starting with SLIC3.0, it switch to a dynamic type of unique generation that can only work on one computer. So SLIC mods are kind of pointless unless you want to stick to Windows 7 or earlier.

So a bios from a windows 7 computer already has a SLIC2.1 table and I downgraded it?
I had no intention of flashing it. I'm just Learning learning a little about the tool and SLIC.
I turned 62 today so, it may be a lost cause. From the looks of Bios modding there is a lot to learn. I basically want to get the white list out of the bios so I can leave the Bluetooth adapter plugged into a hub without getting the unauthorized error.
find
quote
#4
Lol, yes you just downgraded your SLIC2.1 to SLIC2.0. You did manage to successfuly mod your bios though Tongue

And Happy Brithday! Congratulations on living for so long.

Bios modding relies on being able to reverse engineer and modify software. It's extreamly difficuly if you don't know modern IA-32 and IA-64 assembly language and if you have no expirence with reverse engineering software. It took me about 3 weeks before I was able to mod my own bios, and that's with already having knowledge of this stuff. If you have a lot of free time, then it's an excelent way to spend it though Big Grin
find
quote
#5
(01-17-2014, 07:46 PM)I hope it\s ok to resurrect an old thread. I Wrote: Lol, yes you just downgraded your SLIC2.1 to SLIC2.0. You did manage to successfuly mod your bios though Tongue

And Happy Brithday! Congratulations on living for so long.

Bios modding relies on being able to reverse engineer and modify software. It's extreamly difficuly if you don't know modern IA-32 and IA-64 assembly language and if you have no expirence with reverse engineering software. It took me about 3 weeks before I was able to mod my own bios, and that's with already having knowledge of this stuff. If you have a lot of free time, then it's an excelent way to spend it though Big Grin
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)