Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6363
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14009
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 111
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424493
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3626
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 291
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 212
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 315
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224614
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119177
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6792
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 417
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309744
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61972
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 628
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20285
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169366
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6355
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 832

Xeon LGA771 support for DELL Precision T3400
#1
CPUID is 10676h I think the plat_ is 40. Can't run CPU-z because it isn't installed.

Bios= http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/DriverDetails/Product/precision-t3400?driverId=DY07G&osCode=WLH&fileId=2988052443&languageCode=en&categoryId=BI#

Yes, this is a 771 to 775 job.

I have been struggling with this for awhile and just can't figure out where microcode begins and ends.

If anyone is fluent in adding/ updating microcode in DELLs then please help. I learned a lot from what is already available here, THANKS!
find
quote
#2
Okay- not having issues finding microcode anymore!

I just want to know which _plat I can use from the extracted intel microcodes.

The board already has cpu00010676 _plat00000080 microcode. Trying to use an LGA771 Xeon E5430.
find
quote
#3
I am looking for somebody to edit the microcode for my Dell T3400 Motherboard to add support for an Xeon E5450. I'm not sure whether it's AMI, Award or Phoenix. I think it's some type of proprietary.

My Motherboard is an X38 Chipset.
Model Number: CN-0TP4012-70821-8BBD0A7
CPU-ID just says 0TP412

I have it updated to the latest Bios A14.

You can download the A14 Bios here. (It comes as an EXE which I can't attach, I attached it as a ROM instead.)

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/0...00/drivers

I'm currently running a Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16GHZ - C0 - with an Sspec of SLAPK

I want to upgrade to a Intel Xeon 5450 C0 with an Sspec of SLASB.


I'm willing to pay anybody that would be able to set this up a decent price over paypal.

(If I need to provide any more info, I'll do it to the best of my ability.)


Attached Files
.rom   T3400A14.rom (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 2)
find
quote
#4
You shouldn't need a bios mod for this computer because it contains more microcode than most, but your X38 chipset does not support 5xxx Series processors.
find
quote
#5
The T3400 A14 BIOS has support for X3xxx Xeons C0, and E0 steppings. It also has native support for QX9650 Core2Extreme.
QX9650 has been overclocked by Justajohn at Tomshardware to 4.15GHz. with 2X HD7850 GPUs. He used Trottlestop 6.00 software as outlined in the tutorial "Overclocking Dell BTX Computers" there.
http://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/7686088...fs/6679081
The X38 chipset has unofficial support for 1600fsb. It's not been confirmed to work with Dell motherboards though. The pinmod for this is very simple. X3360, X3370, X3380 might work. VID pinmods can be more complex.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/show...00-pin-mod
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)