Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3549
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 207
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 158
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 249
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223688
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119093
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6733
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 348
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309483
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61902
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 561
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20213
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169133
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6255
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 764
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5731
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61100
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274939
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 880

Xeons 5600 series & Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
#1
hi I have a gigabyte EX58-UD3R rev 1.6 running the latest FK bios but it has no support for my xeon x5667 which I bought to upgrade from my i7 920. The idea of upgrading is that the x5667 has a higher multiplier and should overclock with less voltage than an i7 950.
However the xeons I bought dont seem to overclock at all and theres a overclock failure message everytime I start the pc as the cpu isnt supported by gigabyte. http://www.gigabyte.com/support-download...x?pid=3103

If possible could someone add x5667 support with microcode(or whatever is required)?
If its easy I'd also appreciate added microcode for the rest of the x56xx series for the next guy who stumbles on this thread, it would also give me the opportunity to update to a cheap 6 core in the future.
find
quote
#2
Tell sSpec of your Xeon.
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with native CPU.
What happens when you try to boot with X5667 (with defaults settings)?
find
quote
#3
Ok I'll do that when I get back later. I bought two of these CPUs so know it shouldn't be a faulty cpu but don't want to keep taking apart this pc as I need it running most the time anyway and it's a pain to take apart as I need to remove the mobo from the case to gain access to the backplate and fitting a massive scythe mugen 2 isn't easy anyway.
I have a very poorly shot cpu z camera photo but I'm assuming this is no use till I get proper screenshots later
find
quote
#4
Image


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#5
OK, but where is a photo of first tab?
I can't help if you don't answer all my questions.
find
quote
#6
(01-29-2017, 08:16 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: OK, but where is a photo of first tab?
I can't help if you don't answer all my questions.

Sorry mate I'm not intentionally ignoring you i was just out and trying to add as much as I could.
The espec of my x5667 xeons are both SLBVA, a cpu photo and cpu-z screenshot is also attached.

Everytime I boot an x5667 cpu the system start after a long delay then gives an error screen saying theres been an overclocking failure and that the cpu has been set to default speeds which is read at 3333mhz. Even if I save these default settngs and reboot or overclock I get the same overclocking failure message. This isnt a bad cmos battery and bios settings are saved with my i7 920.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
find
quote
#7
Install X5667, boot up, enter in BIOS, do Load Defaults, save and reboot.
Enter in BIOS again.
Make & show photos of screens in BIOS with all voltage & speed setting.
find
quote
#8
The x5667 seems to work in its default state but gives the boot failure warning whenever I change the multiplier or bclk the warning is after changing the BCLK from 133 to 134.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
                   
find
quote
#9
Try to flash previous versions of BIOS.
find
quote
#10
I downgraded from fk to the previous fj18 bios version no changes.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: