Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424127
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3553
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 211
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 162
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 249
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223725
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119094
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6735
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 350
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309491
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 563
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20215
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169136
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6259
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 765
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5734
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61104
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274943

Xeons 5600 series & Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
#31
No more ideas...
find
quote
#32
I have one: modded BIOS. Can sSpec mod Award BIOS?
find
quote
#33
sSpec is Sample-Specification Number
find
quote
#34
Oh, well…

Then can you help me update the microcodes in the BIOS myself?
find
quote
#35
Suitable microcode is already in current BIOS.
find
quote
#36
Six years ago I was modifying the BIOS of my MB EX58-UD3R rev 1.6. I built more updated firmware on cpu, raid, network and tried to always find and install the latest BIOS version. Now I have an installed version of Fk2. Whose modification is this I do not remember. But with this version of BIOS, Westmere-EP Intel Xeon E5649 works fine for me. CPU overclocked to 4Ghz with FSB 200Mhz but in daily life I don't use high frequencies all the time. If you are interested in my BIOS version then write me about it.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
find
quote
#37
(03-09-2019, 06:09 PM)Faceoffhvv Wrote: Six years ago I was modifying the BIOS of my MB EX58-UD3R rev 1.6. I built more updated firmware on cpu, raid, network and tried to always find and install the latest BIOS version. Now I have an installed version of Fk2. Whose modification is this I do not remember. But with this version of BIOS, Westmere-EP Intel Xeon E5649 works fine for me. CPU overclocked to 4Ghz with FSB 200Mhz but in daily life I don't use high frequencies all the time. If you are interested in my BIOS version then write me about it.

Hi, I'm new to this forum but not to overclocking or x58. After running my trusty i7 920 on a Gigabyte EX58-UD3R for a full decade, most of the time on bios FK, I finally decided to give it a last bump before retirement and bought a Xeon X5687 on ebay. I chose the model of cpu knowing that I don't really need 6 cores as it's not running many threads, but I could really use the full 12MB of L3 and one of the fastest (if not the fastest) stock clocked speed on the platform. I have no interest in overclocking at this point, all I care about is to make it stable and capable of running VMWare Workstation 15 (which is not an option on pre-westmere cpus).
As seems to happen to others, the pc takes a long time to begin POSTing (many seconds) and almost always starts with an "overclock failed" message when no overclock was performed, even after resetting the cmos or loading defaults. However, after pressing any key to skip the warning the system runs flawlessly. The PSU is good (~3yo), memory is good (24GB DDR3 1866) and all clocks on stock or less (memory runs at 1333), all running up until today perfectly and non-overclocked for at least 5 years.

Enough intro, now to the facts:
I have no interest in overclocking this mobo, as it's working as a server I need to know it will reboot even if I'm not there to press any key, in fact it normally it has no display/keyboard attached.
I've dealt with modded bioses back in the day, but never got into modding myself and I'm rusty in a lot of the needed details. I'll try stock bios FF as recomended to see if boots ok, but also if you Faceoffhvv could share your modded bios that is known to run ok with a 5600 family cpu, I'll also gladly try it. Thanks in advance!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)