Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 76
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424339
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3602
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 262
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 194
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 293
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224277
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119156
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 267
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6774
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 388
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309653
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61950
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 607
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20263
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169234
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6317
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 809
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5778
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61174

abit ip-35e bios unlock for ahci to work
#61
(07-15-2012, 06:53 PM)bwlinux Wrote: Sadly I bricked my MB. Do not know what happened. I used this modified bios for IP35-E. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Bios/M630A_modd.rar (linked in the thread, seems some one confirmed it works.)
[..]
Could someone point me which modified bios works for sure and the correct command to flash bios, I use the bat file and awdflash.exe provided by manufacturer in the last updated BIOS updates.

Sorry to hear that. Here's a link to the mod that should be definitely working: http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-ab...04#pid6904
I don't think there is much you can do wrong with the flasher. This should work:
AWDFLASH.EXE bios.bin /py/sn/cc/cp/cd

The mod you used was done by CA50. Maybe the link should be removed.
find
quote
#62
Shocked 
Hi all,

I flashed the AHCI version of BIOS posted here on my IP35-E successfully.
But I needed to turn AHCI off to fix my existing Win7 installation that was giving me BSOD.
There was no such option so I decided to flash with another BIOS.
I tried the OC modded one that seems to have bricked the BIOS.

Is there a version that has an AHCI switch?
Anybody knows if the OC mod offers AHCI?

Thanks in advance!
find
quote
#63
Hi!

(10-22-2012, 09:27 AM)colymore Wrote: I tried the OC modded one that seems to have bricked the BIOS.
You should probably write TheWiz a message so he deletes that mod.

(10-22-2012, 09:27 AM)colymore Wrote: Is there a version that has an AHCI switch?
Anybody knows if the OC mod offers AHCI?
The switch cannot be made visible but you can flash/reflash the BIOS to switch between AHCI and IDE. Don't worry about the chip wearing out.
I tried to unlock some OC options but modbin6 2.04.03 crashed when I tried to save the image..

Anyway I didn't find any locked options that seemed useful to me. Tell me if there is a certain option you need unlocked and I'll try again.
find
quote
#64
I installed the ahci and now my sata drives don't show up in bios! I can see them in the repair screen but bios does not see them. Except they show up in the boot order menu. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I reinstalled the bios several times and the same thing.
find
quote
#65
(01-04-2013, 01:47 AM)Pazzle Wrote: I installed the ahci and now my sata drives don't show up in bios! I can see them in the repair screen but bios does not see them. Except they show up in the boot order menu. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I reinstalled the bios several times and the same thing.

Could be that the Option ROM for the ICH9 SATA controller is too old for your drives. Do you use newer SSDs or so? I took a look at the modules with cbrom and I'm not sure what's the right module:

Code:
$ wine CBROM32_198.EXE ip35e-beta18-ahci.bin /d
wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe"
err:wineboot:ProcessRunKeys Error running cmd L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe -a -r" (2)
fixme:ntoskrnl:KeInitializeTimerEx stub: 0x111080 0
Z:\tmp\bios\CBROM32_198.EXE V1.98 [08/27/08] (C)Phoenix Technologies 2001-2008

******** ip35e-beta18-ahci.bin BIOS component ********

No. Item-Name Original-Size Compressed-Size Original-File-Name
================================================================================ 0. System BIOS 20000h(128.00K)132F1h(76.74K)m630a.bin
1. XGROUP CODE 0F4D0h(61.20K)0A1C6h(40.44K)awardext.rom
2. ACPI table 05603h(21.50K)021E1h(8.47K)ACPITBL.BIN
3. YGROUP ROM 0D810h(54.02K)06C50h(27.08K)awardeyt.rom
4. GROUP ROM[ 0] 06710h(25.77K)02C94h(11.14K)_EN_CODE.BIN
5. SETUP0 01E70h(7.61K)00CE5h(3.22K)_ITEM.BIN
6. BIOSF0 01780h(5.88K)010C0h(4.19K)_DMI.BIN
7. 1 PE32 in MB 051C0h(20.44K)051F0h(20.48K)MEMINIT.BIN
8. GV3 0268Dh(9.64K)00D92h(3.39K)PPMINIT.ROM
9. PCI ROM[A] 10000h(64.00K)09DCDh(39.45K)DEVICE\STORAGE\I9MS1017.BIN
10. ISA ROM[1] 04000h(16.00K)0290Dh(10.26K)AHCI_ROM.BIN
11. PCI ROM[B] 03C00h(15.00K)0250Bh(9.26K)DEVICE\STORAGE\J368V106.65
12. PCI ROM[C] 0DA00h(54.50K)08588h(33.38K)DEVICE\NETWORK\M56v517.23
13. LOGO BitMap 4B30Ch(300.76K)01538h(5.30K)LOGO\ABITlogoINTEL.BMP
(SP) NCPUCODE 2E400h(185.00K)2E400h(185.00K)NCPUCODE.BIN

Total compress code space = DC000h(880.00K)
Total compressed code size = 77768h(477.85K)
Remain compress code space = 648B8h(402.18K)

Well, I'll try to figure that out.. but I won't promise anything Confused

Oh by the way, you did clear your BIOS after flashing, right? And what's a "repair screen"?
find
quote
#66
Hey Pazzle!

I updated the Intel Option ROM to version 8.5.0.1030 which is probably the latest version that works with this board. [1]
I used cbrom32-1.96 to replace I9MS1017.BIN with ich_8.5.0.1030.BIN from a modded IP35 Pro BIOS. [2]

I have to tell you that this might brick your board, although I don't think it should.
If you test this, please tell everyone if it helped, others might have the same issue.

EDIT: Yeah, I forgot the attachment Big Grin

edit2: no need to worry, it's working! [3]

The hyperlink button didn't work so here are the links for reference:
[1] http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?147163-**Official-ABIT-IP-35-Pro-Review-Overclock-Guide-Thread**&p=4713363&viewfull=1#post4713363
[2] http://www.lejabeach.com/ABIT/IP35Pro/
[3] http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-ab...6#pid73006


Attached Files
.zip   ip35e-beta18-ahci-intel85.bin.zip (Size: 441.89 KB / Downloads: 123)
find
quote
#67
Hi, I used awd894.exe on a Windows 98 boot flash drive and then a ui showed up. For "File name to program" I used your file, and "save current bios as" as work.bin. It's been 20 minutes and nothing has changed on the screen. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: I flashed with this command line

awd894 mod.bin /py/sn/cc/cp/cd

and now I'm in bootblock. What to do now? I don't have a floppy.
find
quote
#68
(06-07-2013, 05:24 PM)boogerlad Wrote: Hi, I used awd894.exe on a Windows 98 boot flash drive and then a ui showed up.
Hi. I'm not really familiar with DOS environments, what's a "Windows 98 boot flash drive"? Win98 installed on a USB flash drive? I think you're supposed to use plain DOS to avoid any interference. Check out this one for example.

But now you're stuck "in bootblock". What do you mean?

Quote:and "save current bios as" as work.bin
Is AWDFLASH still reading the current BIOS? If so, then it's probably safe to just pull the plug and retry with a different DOS version.

I just wonder why you've been asked for the "File name to program" and "save current bios as". With
'awd894 mod.bin /py/sn/cc/cp/cd'
you implied /sn=Save No, and mod.bin is the "File name to program". Strange.
find
quote
#69
Sorry for the confusion, I cleared my CMOS and now everything is fine =) Thanks for the awesome BIOS.
find
quote
#70
Alright, nice to hear that! Smile
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)