Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14006
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424480
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3623
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 287
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 209
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 309
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224570
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 275
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6791
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 411
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309737
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61967
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20281
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169342
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6354
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 829
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5800

asus K53BE trying to modify
#1
(07-02-2015, 03:30 PM)davide.it Wrote: with uefitool i can find 2 menus:

- setup that have the advanced options
- asussetup that is the basic bios i see normally....
I can report the same "structure" in K53BE bios. 
And JRandomHacker guide is pretty useless in this case. 

As said, the advanced options are all in the "setup" dxe driver.. But everything reported by IFR extractor there is already enabled out of the box.
I spent like a hour in cutter to double check this, and there are no doubts.
Just after having returned from ~PlatformLastLangCodes function, the setup executable instructs a "load effective address" to the offset of the first togglable bit. And they are all 01.

I also checked ASUSSETUP but there isn't anything special to report aside of its similarity with the normal one.
You have the same ". qS_" string shortly after the "menus array".
"112,8,48,56" (from the qwords that doesn't seem to change across versions) function still calls something about locale (DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CODE_354 here).
And all reported bits are already set.

My super educated guess would be the solution is replacing the lame OEM utility, with the ami one.. But I'm kinda afraid to [censored] up.
Isn't there anybody else having modded 2013 asus laptops?

EDIT: well, fml. AFU complains about secure flash function, winflash cannot recognize any edited bios at all, and scewin doesn't work either.
find
quote
#2
(10-05-2018, 11:16 AM)mirh Wrote:
(07-02-2015, 03:30 PM)Bdavide.it Wrote: - setup that have the advanced options
- asussetup that is the basic bios i see normally....
I can report the same "structure" in K53BE bios. 
And JRandomHacker guide is pretty useless in this case. 

As said, the advanced options are all in the "setup" dxe driver.. But everything reported by IFR extractor there is already enabled out of the box.
I spent like a hour in cutter to double check this, and there are no doubts.
Just after having returned from ~PlatformLastLangCodes function, the setup executable instructs a "load effective address" to the offset of the first togglable bit. And they are all 01.

I also checked ASUSSETUP but there isn't anything special to report aside of its similarity with the normal one.
You have the same ". qS_" string shortly after the "menus array".
"112,8,48,56" (from the qwords that doesn't seem to change across versions) function still calls something about locale (DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CODE_354 here).
And all reported bits are already set.

My super educated guess would be the solution is replacing the lame OEM utility, with the ami one.. But I'm kinda afraid to [censored] up.
Isn't there anybody else having modded 2013 asus laptops?

EDIT: well, fml. AFU complains about secure flash function, winflash cannot recognize any edited bios at all, and scewin doesn't work either.
Hi~~
I'm interesting with this bios modify  ,there are indeed two menu module in bios .
Could provide a dump bios ?? You can use this tool .

How to dump bios here .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU0vjlwHZno

find
quote
#3
(10-12-2018, 08:37 AM)genius239 Wrote: Hi~~
I'm interesting with this bios modify  ,there are indeed two menu module in bios .
Could provide a dump bios ?? You can use this tool .
Here you are.


Attached Files
.zip   bkK53BE.zip (Size: 2.28 MB / Downloads: 4)
find
quote
#4
(10-12-2018, 08:47 AM)mirh Wrote:
(10-12-2018, 08:37 AM)genius239 Wrote: Hi~~
I'm interesting with this bios modify  ,there are indeed two menu module in bios .
Could provide a dump bios ?? You can use this tool .
Here you are.

It seem that we have the same idea .
You insert advanced tab of ami menu to asussetup module ,does it success?? i want to know.
If it fail ,i think you can try swapping method ,there are five tab on asussetup module ,so you can try ami advanced tab to replace main tab ,stay five tab .

find
quote
#5
My disassembly knowledge only goes that far.
I'm not sure what to touch further.

Also, I'm not even sure how I should be going to flash bios. /GAN doesn't seem to work (at least the bios I dumped didn't seem to have any of the trivial changes I made), and other utilities just refuse to accept edited bios.
find
quote
#6
You can use my flash.bat to update bios .
Drag bios file over flash.bat .

Like below .
https://www.file-upload.com/uqgaygc1itpx

find
quote
#7
You provide dump bios seem had modified ,so you alrady flash it ,is it??

Another question ,file "K43BE-AS.212" is original bios for your laptop???

find
quote
#8
Yes, it's that.
And.. Yes, I guess like I had already done some half-assed attempts to flash bios before tacking that backup.
But.. did you notice any modification? The couple of bit edits I had made didn't seem to stick when I checked.

On the other hand.. if the thing with the official asus utility doesn't count, I think maybe this other attachment (I had made before trying the "hacks") might be "more" original.

Sorry for delay, but thread splitting nuked my notifications.


Attached Files
.zip   orig_-_.zip (Size: 2.28 MB / Downloads: 4)
find
quote
#9
I try to made some modifications ,it based on you provided original file.
You can try them .
https://www.file-upload.com/7kp0cwvxnaya

find
quote
#10
Nothing changed.
But I swear that's because nothing seems to stick at all in the first place.

I tried for example to set force/384M uma frame buffer size with AMIBCP, but after flashing bios, subsequent control backup doesn't seem affected by my adjustments.
EDIT: also tested afuefi and afudos 3.05.04, to no avail
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)