Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Today 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 51
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Today 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 70
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
Yesterday 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 127
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
Yesterday 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1221965
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
Yesterday 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118889
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 160
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6637
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 262
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308916
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61711
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 446
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20092
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168781
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6124
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 658
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5617
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60913
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274797
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 772
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24732

fujitsu esprimo e3521 d3041 motherboard
#1
No modification required to update cpu microcode on this motherboard, fujitsu supply a tool to add the missing microcode for a given cpu (must be inserted at post).

I already had the latest bios flashed to my board but the layout of the bios update was such that I could not edit it, this utility made it so I didn't need to risk adding microcode directly to a bios file and flashing with crossed fingers.

http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/Download/S...7&Info=FTS

I found reference to this tool in a fujitsu support forum where a guy was having trouble with an m460 pc, it said that this utility will work with all fujitsu motherboards but I have tested only with an esprimo e3521 d3041- g41 ddr3 board.

But that shows that it at least works on those 2 models.

https://forum.ts.fujitsu.com/forum/viewt...56&t=45617

You simply create a floppy disk or usb flash drive to boot from and the tool will update the microcode separate to a full bios flash so the risks should be reduced of bricking the board since it does not replace any of the existing microcode it only adds/ updates the code missing for the cpu you are currently using, you should however be able to use anyother cpu that shares the same microcode I should be able to use any eo stepping harpertown cpu as they share the same microcode patch.
find
quote
#2
(02-16-2014, 08:34 AM)prawny12009 Wrote: No modification required to update cpu microcode on this motherboard, fujitsu supply a tool to add the missing microcode for a given cpu (must be inserted at post).

I already had the latest bios flashed to my board but the layout of the bios update was such that I could not edit it, this utility made it so I didn't need to risk adding microcode directly to a bios file and flashing with crossed fingers.

http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/Download/S...7&Info=FTS

I found reference to this tool in a fujitsu support forum where a guy was having trouble with an m460 pc, it said that this utility will work with all fujitsu motherboards but I have tested only with an esprimo e3521 d3041- g41 ddr3 board.

But that shows that it at least works on those 2 models.

https://forum.ts.fujitsu.com/forum/viewt...56&t=45617

You simply create a floppy disk or usb flash drive to boot from and the tool will update the microcode separate to a full bios flash so the risks should be reduced of bricking the board since it does not replace any of the existing microcode it only adds/ updates the code missing for the cpu you are currently using, you should however be able to use anyother cpu that shares the same microcode I should be able to use any eo stepping harpertown cpu as they share the same microcode patch.
to update this post, the fujitsu tool seems to add compressed microcode into the bios causing a delay in the post sequence whilst it looks up microcode,

The bios update for this board has a file called P6_INTEL.ALL this is just a renamed ncpucode.bin fil, if you make/ extract an mcpucode.bin with the microcode you want in you can reflash the bios to add the cpu microcode you want without suffering the post delay the official fujitsu tool causes.

The only problem is this board seems (only discovered recently) to only allow one microcode at a time for the currently installed cpu, it doesn't change code automatically like other boards do so if the new cpu uses a different microcode than the one you are replacing you need to reflash the bios.

I don't know if this is down to using the fujitsu tool all that time ago or what because I only ever changed from the original e8400 to a xeon e5450, I was trying to get my xeon working in another board which is why a fitted the e5400 as stop gap cpu which gave a no microcode error until I reflashed with this new method. then when I put the xeon back in it had a no microcode error again.

I flashed and swapped back a few times to see if it was a fluke and each time the previous chip would not be supported.
find
quote
#3
Hello Everyone! I have a Fujitsu D3041-A11 GS3 motherboard and a Xeon E5430 CPU. Can anyone add microcodes to this BIOS dump? I can’t do it ? I will be very grateful! ?

http://www.rom.by/files/w25q80bv_working.zip
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)