Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
Today 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 6683
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6444
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14079
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 152
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424656
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3675
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 346
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 243
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 369
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1225187
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119239
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 313
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6835
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 460
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309921
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62035
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 678
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20339
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169498
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6424

msi h81m e33 unlock/mod to allow overclock on non K CPU
#1
Hello. I need some help. I want to know if it's possible to do a BIOS mod on a msi h81m e33 to see if it could allow a bit more of OC on non K CPU's. i5 4590 would be the one in this case. I am curious if it's possible, I've seen benchmakrs with this processor at 4.00 GHz or more. How is that even possible? At the moment, it won't go past the Turbo Boost speed of 3,70 GHz. I can lock it to that, but I want to know if more speed can be gained. I'd be happy with 4,00 GHz or a bit more.

I've read that Intel banned OC for non-K CPU's a long time ago and I guess newer stock BIOS for mobos also locked this, due to legal reasons I suppose.
So can this BIOS be modded to allow more freedom and control of the CPU?

How could I do it myself? Or does anyobody have an already modded BIOS?

Thanks!
find
quote
#2
(02-12-2019, 09:16 AM)Nioh_89 Wrote: I've seen benchmakrs with this processor at 4.00 GHz or more.
Show a proof.
BTW: Only Z-chipsets can overclock CPU by FSB increasing.
find
quote
#3
(02-12-2019, 09:21 AM)DeathBringer Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 09:16 AM)Nioh_89 Wrote: I've seen benchmakrs with this processor at 4.00 GHz or more.
Show a proof.
BTW: Only Z-chipsets can overclock CPU by FSB increasing.


https://hwbot.org/hardware/processor/core_i5_4590/

Look at the "world record" section.

I guess that person has a Z-chipset? 

So it's not possible to mod the bios on my mobo?  Confused
find
quote
#4
Yes, that person has the motherboard with Z97 chipset.
You can't do it with H81 chipset.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)