Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 460
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 104591
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 979
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3355
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 8481
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8163
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14341
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 248
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425533
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3838
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 528
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 328
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 667
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227456
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119625
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 385
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6994
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 615
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310559
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62217

need help for 25L064CVIG bios and CH341A
#11
You can get super low melt solder on ebay, to easier remove the chip on your board if you end up having to do that.

Are you sure you're connecting the clip correctly, and are you sure you have the adapter into the programmer correctly? Did you also try with battery installed, and or power cable connected too? Sometimes some systems need both, other times they are fine with all power removed.

This guy was able to unbrick his, using similar method but different tool (EZP_XPro) this shouldn't matter though since you have adapter and chip ID is in the software, but he didn't mention if setup was powered or not during procedure
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android...w-t3412968

I can't find schematic anyway, but since no KB then probably not possible via that method anyway.
find
quote
#12
I received the new chip but it can't find it neither.
How can I check if either the adapter or the CH341A is defective ?


(04-12-2019, 12:02 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Are you sure you're connecting the clip correctly, and are you sure you have the adapter into the programmer correctly?
The adapter on the CH341A is at the opposite end of the level, 1 is toward the level.
The clip on the adapter is next to the level, 1 is toward the level, matching the marking on the pcb.
   
   

(04-12-2019, 12:02 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Did you also try with battery installed, and or power cable connected too?
Yes, tried both.
I also tried plugging it on other usb ports and on another computer with an older windows, in case there was an incompatiblity with this one.

(04-12-2019, 12:02 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: This guy was able to unbrick his, using similar method but different tool (EZP_XPro) this shouldn't matter though since you have adapter and chip ID is in the software, but he didn't mention if setup was powered or not during procedure
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android...w-t3412968
These are the instructions I am trying to follow. I asked for help there first but nobody ever replied.
find
quote
#13
At last I got the chip on the tablet detected by the programmer. So I read it (it looks similar to a bios dump I found so it should be good), saved the dump, erased the chip and wrote a bios dump file that I found, then opened the file again and have it check, and it said that the content of the chip matched the file. Horay!

However, it has been charging for over an hour now, I tried several time to turn it on but it still won't wake up.

I don't think the battery is dead, I tried to charge it three times while the tablet was dead. But maybe, with the broken bios, it did nothing. There is no LED to tell when it is charging. Is the bios necesary to charge ?
I noticed that the metal piece covering the SOC quickly got a bit warm. I did not check if it used to get warm when I tried to charge it while it was dead. The battery is still cold though. I expected it to get a little warm when charging.

Assuming that the bios I picked up on the internet and wrote inside may not be right, I followed the instructions from forum.xda-developers.com to fix the original broken bios, and put it back inside. Again, I checked and it said that the content of the chip matches the file. But still, it won't wake up.

The multimeter says there is 3.78V out of the battery though.

update:
I left it unplugged for two hours, and the metal covering the SOC got a little warmer.
Is the tablet actually on ? Huh
I did plug a USB LED to it, to check, but no, no power in the USB port. On my other tablet the USB LED turns on as soon as the tablet turns on.
Does anybody have any idea what is happening, why is the SOC warm while the tablet can't turn on ?
find
quote
#14
(08-01-2019, 08:10 PM)Diego753 Wrote: At last I got the chip on the tablet detected by the programmer. So I read it (it looks similar to a bios dump I found so it should be good), saved the dump, erased the chip and wrote a bios dump file that I found, then opened the file again and have it check, and it said that the content of the chip matched the file. Horay!

However, it has been charging for over an hour now, I tried several time to turn it on but it still won't wake up.

I don't think the battery is dead, I tried to charge it three times while the tablet was dead. But maybe, with the broken bios, it did nothing. There is no LED to tell when it is charging. Is the bios necesary to charge ?
I noticed that the metal piece covering the SOC quickly got a bit warm. I did not check if it used to get warm when I tried to charge it while it was dead. The battery is still cold though. I expected it to get a little warm when charging.

Assuming that the bios I picked up on the internet and wrote inside may not be right, I followed the instructions from forum.xda-developers.com to fix the original broken bios, and put it back inside. Again, I checked and it said that the content of the chip matches the file. But still, it won't wake up.

The multimeter says there is 3.78V out of the battery though.

update:
I left it unplugged for two hours, and the metal covering the SOC got a little warmer.
Is the tablet actually on ? Huh
I did plug a USB LED to it, to check, but no, no power in the USB port. On my other tablet the USB LED turns on as soon as the tablet turns on.
Does anybody have any idea what is happening, why is the SOC warm while the tablet can't turn on ?

How did you manage to read it with Ch341?
I have same issue trying to read a 25LQ128 with this usb programmer. I can't even detect with almost all versions of the soft.
find
quote
#15
(11-10-2019, 10:06 AM)Grimor Wrote: How did you manage to read it with Ch341?
I have same issue trying to read a 25LQ128 with this usb programmer. I can't even detect with almost all versions of the soft.
For me it worked by chosing either "COMMON 25x64" in v1.18 or "GIGADEVICE" in v1.34.
Did you add a 1.8V adapter on the programmer, and are you sure that everything is correctly set up ?

Here are the files :
(03-11-2019, 11:00 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...5007472602
find
quote
#16
(11-10-2019, 02:46 PM)Diego753 Wrote:
(11-10-2019, 10:06 AM)Grimor Wrote: How did you manage to read it with Ch341?
I have same issue trying to read a 25LQ128 with this usb programmer. I can't even detect with almost all versions of the soft.
For me it worked by chosing either "COMMON 25x64" in v1.18 or "GIGADEVICE" in v1.34.
Did you add a 1.8V adapter on the programmer, and are you sure that everything is correctly set up ?

Here are the files :
(03-11-2019, 11:00 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...5007472602

Gracias Diego!
I´m pretty sure that my set up is correct. i can detect and read several winbond chips, but not this one (25LQ128CWIG). i´m using a 1.8v adapter.
So i think or the clip don´t fit properly or wrong software version.
The chip is in the motherboard of a e-bike display.
find
quote
#17
Finally I got it working with v1.34 .Tbe faulty was a bad clip contact
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)