Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 278
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55275
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:16 PM
» Replies: 138
» Views: 40938
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64118
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4094
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6555
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Last Post: drradkin
Yesterday 12:30 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2500
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 135
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 81
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52160
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167050
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 230
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
Last Post: Dudu2002
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 322
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 133
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 116
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6326
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 133
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: si1975
03-25-2024 01:28 PM
» Replies: 468
» Views: 125391
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: TalKaz
03-25-2024 11:10 AM
» Replies: 844
» Views: 316996
[REQUEST] Toshiba Satellite A300D PSAK0C...
Last Post: 1000palladium
03-25-2024 10:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 227

[request] Update microcode in HP BIOS for IPIBL-LB Motherboard
Just received the x5470, i still have the q8200 installed but i've already updated bios with ben 5.43 mod, i'll plug it on as soon as i can, but as per what i see here, lost-n-bios' file should be more up to date ...should i try first directly?
find
(12-21-2018, 03:32 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: what you mention sounds more like fan curve/thermal management settings are different between the two BIOS, not sure CPU microcodes.  
But, I guess maybe it could all be due to that alone possibly?
Thanks a million for this, hats off to you. I don't think it's a thermal management issue. I use CPUID program to monitor live cpu behaviour.

With the 543_ir10.rom firmware the frequency multiplier got stuck at 10x all the time. CPU utilization was between 1-5%, but the fan was running FULL speed.

With the BEN5.rom this was NOT happening. Interestingly, both firmware versions DID recognize the X5470 CPU, the system booted no problem, with or without proper microcodes !?!?

Anyhow, I'm going to flash the firmware right now, and post back.

Is it possible to somehow modify the bios rom file so the system recognizes more memory than 8GB (4 x 2GB) in total? I have access to fairly cheap used 4GB modules and would like to bump up the RAM to 16GB in one of the machines I heavily use. But, as it is, I can't do that. It would be nice, though....

Thanks again!
find
New BIOS feedback:

1) The system runs OK, boots up, the fan is behaving. - All good!

I had to completely erase my post and re-do it, again. Here is why. I tested the X5470 in two different computers, thinking they would be the same. Upon closer look I just realized that although both MoBos are IPIBL-LB rev. 1.01, there is a difference between them.

One has a sticker that says rev. A01 the other one says A02. Well the A01 goes full speed 10x, A02 goes only 9.5x multiplier. Go figure ....

This is why I got confused, because I could have sworn that I did see 10x at one point, but in the mean time I switched computers and the other one would NOT go faster than 9.5x multiplier. I wrote a lenghty article about this problem being in the BIOS, but I guess it's NOT a BIOS problem. It definitely comes from somewhere else.

Take a look at the pictures below. First 2 pictures A02 MoBo, second 2 pictures A01 MoBo    ( Low / High  utilization )

Back in the days when the 543_ir10.rom was released it was supposed have user adjustable CPU frequency, which I could NOT find anywhere in the BIOS. I don't know how to edit firmware files to look for this at all. Can somebody help, please?

To BIOS gurus: Would it be possible to somehow set the BIOS to allow user CPU speed setting?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

find
I will try (if family mattera allow) put the x5470 with bens 5,43 actually flashed to see hiw it runs, regarding fan i already exchanged origin q8200 heatsink with Artic Cooling extreme 2.0, and under high stress it's not audibl as it's big like an elephant, as if this bios does provide 10x, i will stay there till you get more news about your little problem with the multiplier
find
(12-21-2018, 03:29 PM)enyel Wrote: I will try (if family mattera allow) put the x5470 with bens 5,43 actually flashed to see hiw it runs, regarding fan i already exchanged origin q8200 heatsink with Artic Cooling extreme 2.0, and under high stress it's not audibl as it's big like an elephant, as if this bios does provide 10x, i will stay there till you get more news about your little problem with the multiplier

Seems like the multiplier problem is related to the motherboard, at least that's what I've experienced. One would go only 9.5x the other full 10x, with the same BIOS firmware. You'll have to see this for yourself. The newly posted BIOS works 100%.  Good luck.
find
You're welcome, happy to help guys! You may be right antidot, about the thermals, only mentioned due to it sounded like that and just in case you hadn't considered those changes between BIOS as well

The memory issue might be resolved by using latest microcodes too, try latest 2015 file I sent you if you have not already. And you should also try other memory if you have some. Try both dual and single sided, in case only one type works at 4GB modules

On the 9.5 system, are you sure both CPU's are the same SSPEC? If you have a programmer, force flash the BIOS in there for the one stuck at 9.5, unless it flashes in anyway? Or maybe forceit no matter what, in case it's only appearing to update, or only updating some parts of the BIOS but not all To do that use /forceit flag. Have you tried clearing the CMOS via remove the battery, unplug the system, short the clear CMOS or power on pins for a while, few hours, then put back and reload optimal defaults?

CPU Frequency Multiplier is not visible to you in the Advanced page? If not, yes that can be made visible, looks like it's already set to be visible in the BIOS I sent back to you (although, in the BEN5 BIOS it's set to Supervisor (may or may not be visible) instead of User (Visible to you). It also looks open, I mean adjustable to any value 0-255 (0-FF). Compare BEN5 BIOS and one of the ones I sent you back, if it does not show up in either than it may not be possible to make visible. The way I would enable normally with hidden setting in this BIOS change default to User via AMIBCP, this is already done in the 543_ir10m/543_ir10m2 BIOS I sent you, was already like that before I opened the BIOS)
find
(12-21-2018, 05:02 PM)antidot Wrote:
(12-21-2018, 03:29 PM)enyel Wrote: I will try (if family mattera allow) put the x5470 with bens 5,43 actually flashed to see hiw it runs, regarding fan i already exchanged origin q8200 heatsink with Artic Cooling extreme 2.0, and under high stress it's not audibl as it's big like an elephant, as if this bios does provide 10x, i will stay there till you get more news about your little problem with the multiplier

Seems like the multiplier problem is related to the motherboard, at least that's what I've experienced. One would go only 9.5x the other full 10x, with the same BIOS firmware. You'll have to see this for yourself. The newly posted BIOS works 100%.  Good luck.

Just put the xeon on the computer with Ben's 5.43 bios, i didn't tried that 5.0 from o'clockers neither the 5.43 updatet at 2015 microcodes by lost_n_bios, hence i opened a 5.25" bay to leave more heat come out from the case i'm afraid the computer got fried hehehe as the q8200 was very quiet and cold, i just noticed with the xeon onto that i had different temperatures depending on the monitor program i use, as with CORE TEMP who monitorizes on the system tray, it's said currently 80-75-75-72 with the closed case, while HWINFO32 shows 65-58-61-61 at the same time..... so i don't know which temps should i realy on... any idea on how to real monitor??

With the x5470 on mi mobo and with the discussed bios flashed, i see that multiplier starts in 6x and when i stress cpu with cpu-z it bumps into 10x, so 3333mhz, on that time the Artic Cooling xtrem 2 goes faster, but nothing to care about as this is quite silent although louder than at idle.

Antidot, i saw a little sticker on the mobo that says A2 or A 02, that matches with your comments, CPUZ also shows it so maybe the revision also affects to the multiplier.

Lost_N_bios, i do not see on this firmware in bios any option to modify FSB, however my mobo comes into an HP Pavilion A6641ES that it's owner's computer, maybe this one is hidden, and i was not able to enter advanced bios, but i will try at least to check, i won't overclock this computer, as it has beeen fairly one year without switch on, just for browsing at home and home user photoshops, but instead buy a new one i will deal with this some years more.

Regarding the qty of memory, i will keep here just to see if antidot achieves to put 16gb, currently on my mobo there're 7gb (2+2+2+1) as i didn't have more 2x per combine, but as i'm still running win7 32bit, only 3,25gb are used although recognised, waiting for another 240gb ssd to format and install 64bit version, any suggestion about upgrade to win 8 64 or win 10 64??? or better keep this machine with win 7 @ 64

thanks guys for your help, lots of aknowledge here i see!
find
(12-21-2018, 11:51 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote:
Quote:You're welcome, happy to help guys!  You may be right antidot, about the thermals, only mentioned due to it sounded like that and just in case you hadn't considered those changes between BIOS as well

The memory issue might be resolved by using latest microcodes too, try latest 2015 file I sent you if you have not already.  And you should also try other memory if you have some.  Try both dual and single sided, in case only one type works at 4GB modules
Should have asked for this earlier. The memory supplier is on the other side of town, and I was in his neighborhood just yesterday. Would have bought 2 x 4GB sticks for testing...

Quote:On the 9.5 system, are you sure both CPU's are the same SSPEC?  If you have a programmer, force flash the BIOS in there for the one stuck at 9.5, unless it flashes in anyway?  Or maybe forceit no matter what, in case it's only appearing to update, or only updating some parts of the BIOS but not all  To do that use /forceit flag.  Have you tried clearing the CMOS via remove the battery, unplug the system, short the clear CMOS or power on pins for a while, few hours, then put back and reload optimal defaults?
It's the same CPU (X5470) used in 2 different MoBos. I've switched MoBos, I'm using the one that can do 10x for the X5470, and leaving the other one 9.5x for X5460. Both MoBos have been flashed back and forth with several roms (including yours), nothing changes ...

Quote:CPU Frequency Multiplier is not visible to you in the Advanced page?  If not, yes that can be made visible, looks like it's already set to be visible in the BIOS I sent back to you (although, in the BEN5 BIOS it's set to Supervisor (may or may not be visible) instead of User (Visible to you).  It also looks open, I mean adjustable to any value 0-255 (0-FF).  Compare BEN5 BIOS and one of the ones I sent you back, if it does not show up in either than it may not be possible to make visible.  The way I would enable normally with hidden setting in this BIOS change default to User via AMIBCP, this is already done in the 543_ir10m/543_ir10m2 BIOS I sent you, was already like that before I opened the BIOS)
Every single rom file I load, I immediately test for multiplier visibility, and so far no luck. I haven't been able to see any user adjustable setting with regards to frequencies. These IPIBL-LB MoBos are great when "opened", but setting user frequencies seems not one of the goodies Sad
find
enyel - I only mentioned CPU Ratio, not FSB (Sorry, I don't think it was in the BIOS or I would have mentioned that too)

antidote - same CPU model does not mean same CPU at all always, that's why I asked same SSPEC or not, you'll have to look on the cover of each CPU to compare. If both are retail then they should be the same >> SLBBF but if one is ES/QC version it could be QFVH

So neither BEN5 (Set to Supervisor) or the mod BIOS I sent you (made from 543_ir10, already set to "USER"), you could see CPU multiplier?
find
(12-23-2018, 11:55 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: enyel - I only mentioned CPU Ratio, not FSB (Sorry, I don't think it was in the BIOS or I would have mentioned that too)

antidote - same CPU model does not mean same CPU at all always, that's why I asked same SSPEC or not, you'll have to look on the cover of each CPU to compare.  If both are retail then they should be the same >> SLBBF  but if one is ES/QC version it could be QFVH

So neither BEN5 (Set to Supervisor) or the mod BIOS I sent you (made from 543_ir10, already set to "USER"), you could see CPU multiplier?

I'm happy at all with my x5470, running at 2 - 3,3ghz changing on the fly depending on cpu load, i will stay here to see if more than 8gb are possible, i don't mind if i can't overclock this hp, as won't be doing it (i fried some years ago 2 cpus, don't want to repeat hehehe)
find