Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6525
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
Yesterday 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 130
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308247
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61545
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 307
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 19945
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168433
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 5973
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 518
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5474
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60728
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274672
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 648
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24616
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 693688
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 174005
HP DV6-6031er WiFi White list
Last Post: NVTNovo
09-16-2026 09:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 923
HP15BA030 BIOS Freischalten für Advanced...
Last Post: Andyowl
09-16-2026 01:35 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 511
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH0...
Last Post: Silver Pegasus
09-16-2026 09:53 AM
» Replies: 66
» Views: 59539
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire V5-572(P,G) BIOS U...
Last Post: Majestik
09-15-2026 03:01 PM
» Replies: 42
» Views: 43064

[REQUEST] Acer VN7-792G BIOS Unlock
#21
(08-12-2017, 06:35 AM)Dudu2002 Wrote:
(08-12-2017, 06:17 AM)FrankmNLD Wrote: Good Day.

I have an Aspire VN7-792G-78G4 Nitro black edition with intel i7-6700HQ and Nvidia gtx 960m, Currently running latest bios version 1.09 from Acer website, I would like to unlock advanced menu on this laptop bios,

I would really appreciate if someone can do that for me, link to original bios is

https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles...ER&SC=PA_6



Thanks in advance and please let me know if it is possible to unlock it without bricking the laptop.

Best Regards.

Frank
Hi
Your bios chip is rewrite protected
Bios mod can be flashed using SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only


Thanks for your reply and sorry for my late post, I will order what you mentioned earlier, But where am i going to find bios mod..? Can you help me with this and give some instructions if possible,\\
Thanks
find
quote
#22
(08-20-2017, 12:43 PM)FrankmNLD Wrote:  Can you help me with this and give some instructions if possible,\\
Thanks
yes
find
quote
#23
Is there a guide to flash the modded bios for this model?
find
quote
#24
(10-01-2017, 01:35 PM)thehawk Wrote: Is there a guide to flash the modded bios for this model?
Hi
Only using SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip
find
quote
#25
Hello,
I am trying to unlock the BIOS for the VN7-792G. I posted some time ago but have
never been free enough to do it.
The BIOS is the latest version, 1.09 and I have seen links on these forums to it.
My request is for the modded BIOS file, as J now have access to the programmer
and would like to do this in order to unlock audio, andselect primary graphics.

Thanks in advance,
Gio.
find
quote
#26
I want to be able to run multiple distros of Linux on my laptop so I need an unlocked BIOS for my Acer Aspire VN7-792G. 
The current bootloader refuses to view any fully installed Linux distros. USB distros with no memory permanence load okay, but obviously, there are great limitations to not having the Linux distro fully installed.

I'll gladly donate.

And, if anyone has them, I'd like suggestions of, or links to, instructions on how to update my VN7-792G BIOS with a SOIC8 programmer module. VN7-792G specific instructions would be the best, but good generic instructions and/or instructions for similar models would be great too. 

I'll go searching for instructions on my own, but if anyone already knows some good resources for me to look at I would really appreciate the information.

Thanks for your help. 

Here is a link to Acer's latest firmware for my model. I am currently using v1.09
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/su...7027266600
find
quote
#27
Ok, I've sent my BIOS results.
find
quote
#28
after Meltdown and Spectre has discovered, Acer released new sets of bios and management engine updates

bios updates;
https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/...rabilities
management engine updates;
https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/...a_id/51890

latest bios version for Aspire VN7-792G is 1.10
https://global-download.acer.com/Support...OS_110.zip
find
quote
#29
Hello!

I would like to request a mod for my Acer Aspire VN7-792G.


Current Bios 1.10

whatever can be unlocked/added. and if possible quite mode since I want to disable the splash acer logo.

Thanks
find
quote
#30
(12-20-2020, 02:51 PM)onuracengiz Wrote: after Meltdown and Spectre has discovered, Acer released new sets of bios and management engine updates

bios updates;
https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/...rabilities
management engine updates;
https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/...a_id/51890

latest bios version for Aspire VN7-792G is 1.10
https://global-download.acer.com/Support...OS_110.zip

thanks, interesting that on the Acer support site only the v1.09 is indicated. How did you find it?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)