Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6408
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14043
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 140
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424561
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3656
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 327
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 344
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224838
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119207
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 299
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6818
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 439
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309827
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62002
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 657
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20317
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169437
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6388
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 863

[REQUEST] HP Folio 13-1000 Series Whitelist Removal
#21
(05-12-2021, 09:31 AM)fc7 Wrote: Just to confirm you only removed the whitelist right?
Uh, no, a set of standard whitelist removal and menus unlock patches.
find
quote
#22
(05-12-2021, 09:35 AM)Maxinator500 Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 09:31 AM)fc7 Wrote: Just to confirm you only removed the whitelist right?
Uh, no, a set of standard whitelist removal and menus unlock patches.

So I flashed sp59761 but it didn't work. After reboot the laptop is semi-bricked I guess.
I will try to recover it because the capslock key is blinking twice every few seconds so there is hope.

I will let you know if it worked out.
find
quote
#23
(05-12-2021, 10:30 AM)fc7 Wrote: After reboot the laptop is semi-bricked I guess.
Got it. So the mod is not working. After recovery, let me know how things are with F.02 and I will exclude faulty mods to do not substitute any stranger here.
find
quote
#24
(05-12-2021, 10:47 AM)Maxinator500 Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 10:30 AM)fc7 Wrote: After reboot the laptop is semi-bricked I guess.
Got it. So the mod is not working. After recovery, let me know how things are with F.02 and I will exclude faulty mods to do not substitute any stranger here.
I'm not able to recover it so far. Tried many things like Win+B, Win+V, to no avail. It seems this one is gone.
Will keep trying tough, still didn't try to use a USB drive but it doesn't look good since everything I find is for UEFI laptops and this one isn't.
find
quote
#25
(05-12-2021, 12:31 PM)fc7 Wrote: Will keep trying tough, still didn't try to use a USB drive but it doesn't look good since everything I find is for UEFI laptops and this one isn't.
This is UEFI, and usb drive is the only recovery method besides the HW programmer for this device.
Are you sure you can handle it?
find
quote
#26
(05-12-2021, 12:39 PM)Maxinator500 Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 12:31 PM)fc7 Wrote: Will keep trying tough, still didn't try to use a USB drive but it doesn't look good since everything I find is for UEFI laptops and this one isn't.
This is UEFI, and usb drive is the only recovery method besides the HW programmer for this device.
Are you sure you can handle it?

Honestly this is the first news I have that this BIOS is actually UEFI. Always thought it was just a legacy BIOS.
I thought I should be able to handle this just fine but I can't find information on how to create the USB drive or the directory structure I should manually create to put the BIOS file in.
The firmware installation file from HP doesn't offer to create one. I tried label the USB drive as "HP_TOOLS" and to copy the .fd file to the root of the USB drive and also inside \BIOS\Current and turn-on the laptop with the USB drive plugged but it doesn't work. I just end up with the 2 blinks of the capslock key after a few seconds.
find
quote
#27
(05-12-2021, 12:46 PM)fc7 Wrote: The firmware installation file from HP doesn't offer to create one.
It's not enough just to create directory structure. Tool to create USB drive for old hp devices is not in firmware installation file, but it is in separate section of official support page.
[Image: Screenshot-20210512-225836-2.png]
find
quote
#28
(05-12-2021, 01:12 PM)Maxinator500 Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 12:46 PM)fc7 Wrote: The firmware installation file from HP doesn't offer to create one.
It's not enough just to create directory structure. Tool to create USB drive for old hp devices is not in firmware installation file, but it is in separate section of official support page.
[Image: Screenshot-20210512-225836-2.png]

I completely missed that, sorry.
I downloaded the tool, created the USB and save the good BIOS file in Hewlett-Packard\BIOS\New that was created by the tool.
Yet I can't get it to boot the laptop.

Any other ideas besides start looking for a SPI programmer in Amazon?

Thanks for all your help so far.
find
quote
#29
I give up on the USB method and just ordered a CH341A programmer and a SOIC8 SOP8 test clip that will arrive tomorrow.
I hope to be able to recover it that way.
find
quote
#30
One question I have is about which BIOS file to use with the programmer. After doing some research in the Internet, my conclusion is that I must use the backup/dump I took from the working BIOS before flashing the mod. This is a 4MB .bin file.
Am I right?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)