Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 71
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424323
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3596
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 259
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 191
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 288
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224217
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119153
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 265
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6772
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 383
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309638
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61949
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 604
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20259
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169220
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6312
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 806
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5775
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61167

[REQUEST] ThinkPad X1 Carbon (20A7 & 20A8, GRETxxWW) Whitelist Removal
#71
(04-09-2023, 04:15 PM)Aaron2442 Wrote: Hi,
I'd like to remove the wifi card whitelist and unlock the Advanced menu. can u help me?.
Hi
Your mod completed. Check your messages

This mod for this notebook ONLY !!!
find
quote
#72
Thumbs Up 
Dear Dudu2002,

Great work you do here!

I have a Lenovo Carbon X1 2nd gen, too (20A8 S06X00), and would very much like to have the BIOS' whitelist for WLAN/BT adapters removed or voided.

I do not necessarily need the "advanced BIOS menu", I just want to replace my old and flaky WLAN/BT card by something more recent and better.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Lastly: how can I flatter you or help funding your work...?

Cheers

P.S.: I have attached below my current BIOS image (16M, so <20M), but it does not appear in this post's attachment area - I hope you find it nonetheless.
find
quote
#73
(06-08-2023, 06:17 PM)sventek Wrote: Dear Dudu2002,

Great work you do here!

I have a Lenovo Carbon X1 2nd gen, too (20A8 S06X00), and would very much like to have the BIOS' whitelist for WLAN/BT adapters removed or voided.

I do not necessarily need the "advanced BIOS menu", I just want to replace my old and flaky WLAN/BT card by something more recent and better.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Lastly: how can I flatter you or help funding your work...?

Cheers
Hi
Need your bios dump
find
quote
#74
Dear Dudu2002,
I would be grateful so much if You remove whitelist thing for network cards and if possible to unlock additional menu's
https://www.mediafire.com/file/jgiassmcc...1.bin/file
Thank You in advance!
find
quote
#75
(06-15-2023, 02:22 PM)srambul Wrote: Dear Dudu2002,
I would be grateful so much if You remove whitelist thing for network cards and if possible to unlock additional menu's

Thank You in advance!
Hi
Your mod completed. Check your messages

This mod for this notebook ONLY !!!
find
quote
#76
Hi,

could anyone help me remove the Whitelist for this X1 Carbon 2nd Gen BIOS? I've managed to remove it, but on every boot, the laptop gives off 2 x 5 beeps, then boots normal (and recognises my custom cards). So if anyone knows how to perform this modification without getting the beeps, feel free to help or give me pointers! 

I have attached the latest bios version, stock, dumped with an SPI reader and verified that it dumped correctly.


Attached Files
.bin   X1 Carbon 2nd Gen Original 140.bin (Size: 16 MB / Downloads: 10)
find
quote
#77
Hi, I have a lenovo x1 carbon 2th gen whitch does not support other wifi card
 Can you help me remove the whitelist
Here is my dump


Attached Files
.zip   MX25L12873F@SOP8.zip (Size: 5.75 MB / Downloads: 6)
find
quote
#78
(10-21-2023, 06:37 AM)LUKGAMER Wrote: Hi, I have a lenovo x1 carbon 2th gen whitch does not support other wifi card
 Can you help me remove the whitelist
Here is my dump
Hi
Your mod completed. Check your messages

This mod for this notebook ONLY !!!
find
quote
#79
Good morning all,

I have several questions before I make my BIOS mod request.

I have a 20A8S00C00 at BIOS 1.40, GRET63WW that was modded at some point to allow an Intel 7260.

1 (And probably the most important).  How do I get the modded BIOS back into the 20A8?

2. Is the BIOS backup tool Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0 acceptable for BIOS submission?

3. I would like to request 2 mods, 1 for the Intel 8265NGW and the other for the Intel AX210NGW. Is this possible?

Thanks for your help.

Jim
find
quote
#80
(12-15-2023, 11:13 AM)JustSittingHere Wrote: Good morning all,

I have several questions before I make my BIOS mod request.

I have a 20A8S00C00 at BIOS 1.40, GRET63WW that was modded at some point to allow an Intel 7260.

1 (And probably the most important).  How do I get the modded BIOS back into the 20A8?

2. Is the BIOS backup tool Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0 acceptable for BIOS submission?

3. I would like to request 2 mods, 1 for the Intel 8265NGW and the other for the Intel AX210NGW. Is this possible?

Thanks for your help.

Jim
Hi
1. You need SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only
2. it doesn't matter what wifi card model, any wifi card will work
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)